PDA

View Full Version : Option to put a button on controler to save.

oneshot
23rd April 2009, 07:28 AM
It would be cool if I could set up my controller so if I press a button on it then it saves my game.

This would be awesome so I could play full screen while sitting on my bed and I could save the game in case the game crashes.

HatCat
24th April 2009, 12:18 AM
Currently what you can do is use the emulated save feature by hitting F5. This saves your exact position in the game, and you can hit F7 to load it.

oneshot
25th April 2009, 03:18 AM
I know that =)

What I am suggesting in future versions of Project 64 is to make it posable to assign a button on your controller so you can save the game by clicking on it. Same with restoring the game.

Like I said, I usually sit on my bed and play games fullscreen. Games tend to crash every now and then so right now I keep having to get up to press F5 so incase it crashes.

Now I know this sounds VERY lazy but its just a suggestion to make Project 64 that much easier.

HatCat
25th April 2009, 03:41 AM
What's wrong with the current method?

If for some reason you wanted to use the game's native saving feature to write the battery saves on that button press that is another issue. Cartridge save chip writing is controlled by the game internally, so you are asking for a game hack instead of anything more convinient than say an add-on to an emulator.

msw
25th April 2009, 07:02 AM
What's wrong with the current method?

If for some reason you wanted to use the game's native saving feature to write the battery saves on that button press that is another issue. Cartridge save chip writing is controlled by the game internally, so you are asking for a game hack instead of anything more convinient than say an add-on to an emulator.

Guy wants to quicksave (make savestates) from the controller, so he doesn't have to get up and walk over to the keyboard to save the state every few minutes.

I think that would be an excellent feature to implement.

CA5
25th April 2009, 08:11 AM
Guy wants to quicksave (make savestates) from the controller, so he doesn't have to get up and walk over to the keyboard to save the state every few minutes.

I think that would be an excellent feature to implement.

Surely you could just put your keyboard on your bed with you. I did, when I had a controller. Before the damn thing broke :mad:

Topken
25th April 2009, 04:58 PM
well not if the cord on the keyboard isnt long enough they cant xcdjy

jmf145
10th May 2009, 05:20 AM
Just use something like xpadder.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/Xpadder.shtml
http://www.xpadderwave.com/