PDA

View Full Version : Allstar Baseball 2001 Freezing

John Waylon
24th April 2009, 06:42 AM
The game just freezes up at random times... Is it the emulator, or do I need to re-download the game or what?

CA5
24th April 2009, 07:21 PM
The clever people *cough* Squall, RJ *cough* will most likely need more info to solve the problem. Could be the rom, could be something else. Any error codes or anything?

HatCat
25th April 2009, 03:00 AM
This is a known issue with Project64 specifically. I am reading this based on the RDB comments including a reference to the GameFAQ for specifics on this instability, but it seems this is another one of those games missing documentation in the GameFAQ CHM claimed to be there.

Confirm you're still here with some more information on how I can reproduce your case of this problem, because even though it's a documented issue I haven't yet found this night's time to look exactly how.

John Waylon
26th April 2009, 08:12 PM
No error message or anything. It doesn't freeze my computer or anything, just the game. It's pretty much totally random, games just going along and BAM! Froze. I've never gotten past 5 innings of a game.

Not quite sure what other info I can give other than that.

HatCat
27th April 2009, 02:29 AM
Smiff's got the info, but according to this if his configuration standards prevail the same here it's possible for this type of freeze to be related to automatic core pausing.

If you just hit F2 twice the next time you get a freeze does this help?
Otherwise it is indeed a configuration issue...and Smiff optimized it just for speed. Sorry in that case for which I would have more time today if the time wasn't tonight that I had read this.

squall_leonhart
27th April 2009, 01:30 PM
i now have almost the entire collection of english n64 roms, so i can start getting down to testing various issues.....

HatCat
28th April 2009, 12:05 AM
Well mate feel free to help with the information whenever you can. It's kinda empty with just me replying to support threads around here...and Brandon misinforming them.

I did write a CHM for English / etc. games I collected and tested...certainly open to us merging our findings.

John Waylon
28th April 2009, 02:48 AM
Smiff's got the info, but according to this if his configuration standards prevail the same here it's possible for this type of freeze to be related to automatic core pausing.

If you just hit F2 twice the next time you get a freeze does this help?
Otherwise it is indeed a configuration issue...and Smiff optimized it just for speed. Sorry in that case for which I would have more time today if the time wasn't tonight that I had read this.

Hitting the F2 does nothing.

The same things happens to the 2000 edition of the game as well.

CA5
28th April 2009, 05:53 PM
Well mate feel free to help with the information whenever you can. It's kinda empty with just me replying to support threads around here...and Brandon misinforming them.

...and me trying to help but not being of much use XD

weelitlelepricon
20th May 2009, 08:08 PM
I am also having this exact same problem. If anyone could help, it would be appreciated.

HatCat
21st May 2009, 02:28 AM
Just to let everyone know I'll keep anyone updated when I can.
I've got another thread bookmarked for the weekend.

This area is familiar, so in time have faith there is information that I can give.

weelitlelepricon
2nd June 2009, 09:52 PM
bump for answer?