PDA

View Full Version : How To Walk In Games

goopy101
24th April 2009, 09:12 PM
aight, so i got this logitech dual action usb controller for my computer..and it works great with things like snes9x and is quite a bit better for a computer rather then a keyboard, but can anyone tell me hot to configure the settings so that when the analog stick is slightly pressed my character can walk instead of sprint

i.e. if i play mario and need to tip toe around, he just runs

or is it possible to do so?
just wondering

if you need to answer this by sending me an e-mail its j.g.a.93@hotmail.com

Mdkcheatz
25th April 2009, 01:17 AM
Did you try toggling the "range" of the analogue stick, in "Configure Controller Profile..."?

goopy101
25th April 2009, 01:47 AM
what does that even do

but yeah, i tried messing with that too and still the same thing..i cant walk :/

HatCat
25th April 2009, 03:36 AM
aight, so i got this logitech dual action usb controller for my computer..and it works great with things like snes9x and is quite a bit better for a computer rather then a keyboard, but can anyone tell me hot to configure the settings so that when the analog stick is slightly pressed my character can walk instead of sprint

i.e. if i play mario and need to tip toe around, he just runs

or is it possible to do so?
just wondering

if you need to answer this by sending me an e-mail its j.g.a.93@hotmail.com

Which controller plug-in are you using?
Plug-ins can be changed choosing "Settings" from the menu "Options".
The current plug-in can be configured choosing "Configure Controller Plugin" from the menu "Options".

magmarock64
25th April 2009, 10:33 AM
I have the exact same controller, and I use N rage input plugin. For the best response set dead zone to zero and analog stick range to 64 and untick real N64 rang, and it should work perfectly.
Don't forget to make sure that drivers are installed.

CA5
25th April 2009, 11:11 AM
Hm, I needed to change the range on my controller aswell, then all was dandy. Looks like the guy who posted before me has it pretty much summed up, though :)