PDA

View Full Version : Lack of updates recently

Pages : [1] 2

zilmar
21st August 2007, 07:35 PM
Is the lack of updates, just because the donation page is down? No!
I have been distracted by another non emulator project, it was meant to take a couple of months to do, but me I kept wanting to improve it so it has taken longer then I originally expected. Now I am in the process of changing jobs. I am going to be doing a short term contact job. It might be a little while before I get back in to developing pj64. I have a have a list of things I want to do with project64. I hope I will be able to give pj64 some good attention in 2-3 months time, put it might be another 6 months.
I have been distracted by work and other projects before. This is one of the main reasons we are doing the beta program the way we are. This way we can release parts and not a complete version when we work on them. I hope when this contract is done I can spend a decent amount of time on this project getting it to run a lot better. I have been on this project on/off again for nearly 10 years. I want to get it to a point where I can say it is done someday.

Jabo
Thanks for giving everyone an update zilmar. I think this reinforces what the beta program is really for, and that it is a long term thing as you mention. I'm sure everyone wishes the best for us.

Anonymous
i suggest that zilmar could tell the ones (me included :() who dont have an account what version and what you ave fixed
cause qe have been expeting a new beta

Anonymous
and helping ixing the gba tower for the transfer pak in pokemon stadium would be great cause it would be a lot easier to play without an emulator
(mario tennis still has the film and ball bugs)

Anonymous
forgot that some people are saying that pj641.7 needs ore computer ram an processor speed :(
cause people with slow computers would be really sorry for that

hope you fix everything

down is for people that speaks spanish and cant find the emulator
para los que hablan español y joden por q no saben buscar
http://www.pj64-emu.com/downloads/Download/Project64/Binaries/
(una pag de roms en español ------> www.decemuladores.com)
(solo hay que hacer un account y activarlo para descargar los roms :))

legend
21st August 2007, 07:53 PM
It is summer time after all. But I like the sound of "getting it to run a lot better". That'll be fun. I'll just be happy when Beetle Adventure Racing works again as this is my main emu now. ;D

Zilmer, I do hope your real life job/career goes well. You, and others like you, deserve to get paid alot of money of that gift.

Anonymous
21st August 2007, 10:07 PM
This is good that your still working on Pj64, unlike the guys who did the dolphin emulator. Anyways, good luck with the new job

emodel
21st August 2007, 10:36 PM
very nice to get some news
so, work well, and hope to see pj64 "done" someday too :)

Anonymous
22nd August 2007, 11:02 AM
Jabo, now that The Glide64 plugin AND the original Rice plugin are supporting the same texture pack format, will you be switching over to that system for conformity? As to APZRman: Dolphin JUST had a massive release, tard. LOL

rhY

SubCog
22nd August 2007, 11:03 AM
Zilmar, you can't let the real world interfere with your emulation legacy. Get your priorities straight!

/just kidding. thanks for all the hard work, and hopefully we'll see some great things from you in a few months!

Jabo
22nd August 2007, 12:24 PM
written by rhY, August 22, 2007

Jabo, now that The Glide64 plugin AND the original Rice plugin are supporting the same texture pack format, will you be switching over to that system for conformity? As to APZRman: Dolphin JUST had a massive release, tard. LOL

rhY

This is a good question, I think the short answer is "it depends". The biggest problem I had previously was the hash format was really not documented (kinda tough on a guy eh?), and I personally didn't really like the way it looked. From what you've said this partly changed when Rice released some of the code in recent months, apparently another plugin took this bit out of it. If someone writes up some psuedo-code on how it works, that would give me a start at providing compatibility with the filenames it generates. And for now I'll leave it there, hope that answers the questions surrounding this topic.

Anonymous
22nd August 2007, 02:18 PM
vale pico esta wea ;) ;D :'( :s

Anonymous
22nd August 2007, 07:40 PM
Wow! That great heard from project 64! Keep it up! I can't wait until PJ64 1.7 out at end of 2007 or mid 2008. I can wait and suffer playing my old classic games. ;) Good luck!

Anonymous
22nd August 2007, 10:01 PM
Jabo, will World Driver Championship work someday (with LLE checked)? What is your opinion?
What prevents it from running: RSP's or RDP's inaccuracy?

Anonymous
23rd August 2007, 12:34 AM
:oomg i found 1.7

Anonymous
23rd August 2007, 12:35 AM
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D koolllllllll it works

Anonymous
23rd August 2007, 06:09 AM
Since donations are currently down for months, is there any chance that the project will go public soon? As long as you can't support the project = you can't beta test it and this sucks now in more way's than one for everyone i guess. With the current situation you can't get your support and we can't get a beta to test. Hope you bring it public soon since there is not much point to let the situation as it is. Unless you are really into getting paid for it and never(or when you get enough money) releasing it public, i don't see any reason of delaying it right now. There are a lot of betas from other emu authors out there and as far as i know releasing something that is not finished is not a sin.

Anonymous
23rd August 2007, 07:25 AM
Where is said list of things you want to do?

Anonymous
23rd August 2007, 08:35 AM
I would like to see Pj64 1.7 working with DirectX9

LazerTag
23rd August 2007, 09:01 AM
Though I'm sure many working on this project hope to someday call it "finished". All the hard work done over the many years have been a real blast to be a part of from the end user side.

I remember several releases feeling like an XMas or b-day present when you see them on a news post or forum message somewhere.

As always it's great to see more and thanks for taking your time to simply give an update of your plans for this.

Anonymous
23rd August 2007, 10:00 AM
Jabo,
Good to know! Keep up the good work! I'm sure Gonetz or Mudlord will flesh out the spec a little more after they finish polishing the latest Glide64.

Thanks again to all you guys for all your awesome work. We play a lot of Mario Kart around here, and it wouldn't be possible without emulation. It's just not actually fun with four people at the resolution that standard TV offers, but emulated on my projector, MUCH LOVE!!

Here's a shot of my 8 foot high Mario Kart screen, FTW!!
http://a977.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/73/l_ae58c1bb24714fed7fd88ce2f5283878.jpg

Anonymous
25th August 2007, 08:33 AM
good pj64 emu number one emulation
continue

Anonymous
25th August 2007, 08:34 AM
good pj64 emu number one emulation
continue and accurate compatibility games and more
thanks team pj64

totoFF, french lover emulation Man !! ;-)

Anonymous
26th August 2007, 01:43 AM
http://www.krewsforum.net/index.php

www.rombomb.com

mudlord
26th August 2007, 02:42 AM
I would like to see Pj64 1.7 working with DirectX9

DirectX9 plugins already work with PJ64 1.7 beta. :)

ince donations are currently down for months, is there any chance that the project will go public soon? As long as you can't support the project = you can't beta test it and this sucks now in more way's than one for everyone i guess. With the current situation you can't get your support and we can't get a beta to test. Hope you bring it public soon since there is not much point to let the situation as it is. Unless you are really into getting paid for it and never(or when you get enough money) releasing it public, i don't see any reason of delaying it right now. There are a lot of betas from other emu authors out there and as far as i know releasing something that is not finished is not a sin.

The way I see it now, is that there is a tight knit group of beta testers (me included). I don't think due to the lack of donations, this process of beta testing will cease, as theres still a dedicated bunch putting thier input into PJ64 in thier little ways. Also, I think that Jabo and zilmar have high quality expectations, so I don't think they'll release a beta product to public yet, as I know there is still some things that need to be fixed. But I do think motivation is a important thing, as that what drives us as human beings to do anything. I guess with the donations gone, there might be other motivations, as I know work is still going on with the betas.

Anonymous
26th August 2007, 12:11 PM
for you guys to call it done, it should av a linux version or work atleast 95% in wine, and it should be open source so other people can take over when you see the project as done, but others might want more..

legend
26th August 2007, 01:06 PM
I'm so tired off people whining about a linux version. Do we really need to go to such lengths to accomodate you 2% of the market. How about you try a dual boot or a second computer runnning windows. Try doing something for yourself. You the ones that want to be different and run solely your "superier" OS. Even Macs can run PC software via emulation. Why don't you complain to the Linux developers to come out with something like that. How about you come back down to reality and have Windows running somewhere since all the software and games are pretty much for Windows alone.

Anonymous
26th August 2007, 04:04 PM
Windows xp owns all

Anonymous
26th August 2007, 07:56 PM
Yes! Windows XP approve new Project 64 1.7 and higher. Vista have failure hardware problems.

In our world what people use Operating System now.

Windows XP ----------------- 67% Best and strongest! Fast to Fastest
Windows Vista -------------- 13% Ok or bad. Slower to Median
MAC ------------------------ 12% Ok! Fast
Linux ---------------------- 05% Ok! Fast
Windows 2000 --------------- 02% Ok! Fast
Windows NT to ME and other - 01% Poor and worse. Slowest to Median

Windows XP is in top than other system we saw.

1st is Windows XP!

Wrong or Right answer?
Right

8) Awesome! We will must keep our Windows XP all of time! I heard Windows XP deadline in 2014? That is true? I don't know. I heard on NEWS said that.

We don't need worry about Windows XP. We will be fine right now.

Anonymous
26th August 2007, 11:51 PM
hey i want my money back i dont pay for 1 fucken download!!!!!! >:(

Anonymous
27th August 2007, 01:15 AM
Tacobell, Well your the one who wanted it so badly... Your also paying to test it as well...

Anonymous
27th August 2007, 01:43 AM
5%?!? People are switching to Ubuntu in droves because Vista SUCKS, and Ubuntu is way ahead of XP. You should reexamine your facts, wes. I only know a couple people still on Windows, everyone else either bought a mac, or let me reformat so they can have beryl (compiz-fusion, lately). Linux is the future. Windows is most certainly dying.

Anonymous
27th August 2007, 04:45 AM
specht mal deusche
unf fickt euch alle

Anonymous
27th August 2007, 04:12 PM
mmmmmmmmmm

GaveUpTomorrow
27th August 2007, 05:37 PM
rhY? Windows dying? Are you kidding me? I don't know a single person with a Mac, EVERYONE at college, schools, friends, family, and all have Windows XP. I thought that Vista sucked as well, until I actually got a computer with Vista on it. Now I am loving Vista, its smooth, sexy, and I haven't had a single crash or issue with it yet. Windows isn't dying by any means...and Mac isn't doing much either. I know many people who dual boot Linux/Windows though..so that's the best bet for a sure winner if you ask me.

Anonymous
28th August 2007, 12:09 AM
Ok, but when Dell starts running ads with compiz fusion, I think Windows' days are well and truly numbered. Particularly if Ubuntu continues to add all the most popular Linux software (Firefox, Pidgin, Gimp, Open Office, Compiz, etc.) and also adds more software by default that WOULD be more popular if people knew about it (Wine, Thunderbird, TVtime, Urban Terror, Mupen, 7-zip, Inkscape), really even on a Windows machine all I use is open source, because, generally it's better (FF>IE, ThndB>Outlook, Pidgin>MSN, basically the same (OpenOffice = MSOffice, Rhythmbox = Winamp), or still workable (Kompozer

mudlord
28th August 2007, 02:41 AM
hey i want my money back i dont pay for 1 f**ken download!!!!!!

So you leech everything, including warez?
And why the sudden change of heart?

I thought you wanted to donate...
Jeez

Linux is the future. Windows is most certainly dying.
As long as MS still develops software, Windows will still be alive. Sure, Linux is increasing in market share, but I daresay Windows will be for a while longer before Linux goes to town, and I dont have any intents of switching to Linux anytime soon, since Windows fills all my needs. Plus, all my development tools are from MS.

Anonymous
28th August 2007, 06:29 AM
plzzzzzzz make project 64 for mac
its the best one and all the mac ones
suckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Anonymous
28th August 2007, 10:33 PM
Well, switching to mingw and opengl would be portable for all platforms, that would be best I suppose. :P I'm going to go and make an OS that rocks all current MS and Linux right now. I'm reading Linux from Scratch. LOL

rhY

Anonymous
29th August 2007, 08:16 PM
Good NEWS here! :)

Wow! I saw on NEWS - http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/329565_msftsp30.html

Windows XP will be going upgrade to Service Pack 3(SP3) from SP2 next year summer. Please remember this website. Windows XP will get strongest against Vista. Windows Vista have Service Pack 1. Too bad for Vista.

Anonymous
30th August 2007, 12:57 AM
i saw service park (SP3) for xp on
demonoid lol

it got leaked

Anonymous
31st August 2007, 06:01 AM
Good luck, and hope for the best. It's always refrehing to do some other stuff in between... (programmer myself) and come back with fresh motivation.
regards

legend
1st September 2007, 08:49 PM
XP for life....or until 2015 I guess. I should be able to skip Vista easily and maybe even the OS after that if it stinks as well. If you know what you're doing, XP can be blazing fast and perfectly stable with a familiar intuitive UI and again, the majority of software and games. What more could the average person ask for? 8)

I don't know, thats fine if Linux is increasing its share but it'll be a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oong time before it surpasses Macs (especially in business (media and such)) and come close to Windows numbers.

I think its still good though that there competition out there, it keeps Microsoft working on making MY Windows better.

This whole thing just reminds me of the IE vs. Firefox. For as popular and growing as it is, its like a little nat at the side of the 90% hold that IE has on the browser market. ;)

But IF there was only Windows and IE, then that would suck for so many reasons. So we can all be happy with what we got, I just don't think we need to nag about compatability, we have all the choices in the world to accomplish what we want done (like a freakin dual boot)!!

HatCat
2nd September 2007, 09:55 AM
Bah, I feel pathetic for wasting my time on, well, certain things (except chess and those support pages). And what do I got in two days? My third year of high school. What's my biggest, competitive complaint for this year? Communications class :D, the more public speaking involved. English teachers are the most ignorant, and, if you think about the subject name XD, it actually makes sense....

[It's not like I haven't seen a topic change before, from video games to sandwiches, from N64 emulation to ninjas, but I don't know if there's even a name for this one XD.]
---
DirectX 9 and the plugins using it work with Project64 1.6, too...

And for World Driver Championship, that second question, the answer is both. The RSP needs either Jabo's DirectSound as a sound plugin or zilmar's No Sound as a sound plugin. (Or you can use Nemu64.) Otherwise, the game won't even boot. Even though someone recently submitted a cheat that bypasses the crash and allows in-game status, the graphics issues that are in-game are still severe. As for the cause of the crash fixed by the submitted GameShark cheats, probably the core emulator itself if memory's being edited.

Anonymous
3rd September 2007, 12:44 PM
You've got an excellent emulator going here, used by people as far away as Japan, no less!

"forgot that some people are saying that pj641.7 needs more computer ram an processor speed "

No offence, but it would just SUCK if you did that in the final version. 70% of people today don't have computers over 500MB of ram, and that's the minumum requirement for the OLD version.

What would really help us all, is if you were to debug like a madman... You could solve the glitches in games like Pokemon Snap and Mario Kart, and try and make more games fully compatable with P64.

More cheats would always help, as always...

The ability to record the game would help alot, of course...

That's all I can think of for now, but those are just my suggestions. ^.^

Anonymous
3rd September 2007, 02:13 PM
I look at the whole Project 64 thing this way: If I could survive and have fun without 1.7 for this long, I don't see why I can't for a little longer. Good luck to you in your other commitments and I'm looking forward to 1.7.
As for Os's... Mac will always own anything media related (especially in business), and windows will just own everything period (cept what mac owns...), I think it would take an act of god for either of those two to fall to Linux. I think it will be nicer if the three just play nice together and stick to what their good at.
I also have to agree with the fact that we have to realize that not everyone has a computer capable of burning through the highest-end games. It would be nice if 1.7 wasn't too power hungry (of course coming from someone who has no programming skills, other than messing with Rockbox for my iPod, mabye I just don't know how it works.)
Thats my 2 cents and good luck.

mudlord
3rd September 2007, 08:31 PM
What would really help us all, is if you were to debug like a madman... You could solve the glitches in games like Pokemon Snap and Mario Kart, and try and make more games fully compatable with P64.

I think thats exactly what Jabo and zilmar are trying to do...I know especially Jabo has been busy.... :)

Anonymous
3rd September 2007, 10:30 PM
love this ;)

Anonymous
4th September 2007, 02:54 AM
if there busy it goin to take long time for project64 to be done but that ok

Anonymous
4th September 2007, 08:12 PM
Project 64 Team need no rush to work on new Project 64 1.7. Keep COOL. :)

My PC system: DELL XPS 400, Pentium D(Dual Core) 3 GHz(2 MB Cache), 2024 MB RAM DDR2, 256 MB Nvidia 6800 GDDR3 with Open GL, 250 GB Hard Drive(Maxtor), Window XP Media Edition Center(Have Window XP Professional inside!). Very good faster CPU, but I need more fastest CPU soon. Quad Core 3.2 GHz(8 MB Cache), 4048 MB RAM DDR2 or DDR3, 768 MB Nvidia 8800 GTX or higher, undecided pick different kinds of hard drives. I have wait plan in the future. I will trash/toss/throw Windows Vista Operating System(OS)(Because Vista is sucks and slow CPU down.) software away and change to Windows XP Media Edition Center OS without problems. 8)

End of line.

Anonymous
5th September 2007, 03:00 PM
So what has Jabo been working on? :P And how much farther would this project be along if it was FOSS. :o Jabo is someone to keep your eye on, he always does something amazing. Now if he'd consider the GPL... XD

Anonymous
5th September 2007, 03:22 PM
I have a problem. Whenever I've been playing Super Smash Bros with PJ64 1.6, about 5 minutes into emulation the frame rate drops to somewhere around 6fps, while at other times it runs at full speed. This problem has actually caused my system to lock up before, and respong again in random intervals. A while ago I restarted because of a lock-up. and noticed that explorer.exe wasn't starting correctly. It was running, because Task Manager said so, but even when I ended and restarted the process it never started correctly and showing the taskbar, icons, etc. So THEN I shut down for about 15 minutes and restarted, and everything was fine.

So far this has only happened with the US z64 version of Super Smash Bros and Super Mario 64, except whenver I entered full screen in Super Mario 64 my computer stopped responing instantly and had to I had to hold the power button in to shut it down. But recently, this hasn't happened with SM64, just with SSB. I have a dual-core Pentium D 3.2GHz CPU, if that's any help. Oh, and when the game drops down to crappy computer speed, my cpu usage is always 50%, the maximum percent that's allowed for actual processes. If I didn't have a dual-core CPU it would be 100%.

Any help? Please? I can't even play a game before it screws up!

HatCat
5th September 2007, 04:54 PM
Arrogant assumptions and lies are vulnerable optimism; they do not properly solve concerns. Such solutions ask for virtues like patience and understanding. Let the ignorant suffer from the least of tortures.

Sir, the issue you posted, I think this is actually a cause of using Rice's Video Plugin, or at least I have noticed it having issues on Windows Vista for this particular game. It seems to be a conflict with the GUI. The full screen issue is, for sure, caused by the graphics plugin. Jabo has improved full screen support, though I missed my chance to test it on my old FX 5200 card.

Anonymous
7th September 2007, 11:09 AM
You could REEEEAAALLLYY find some time to get the Donation page up so we can try the beta :(

Anonymous
7th September 2007, 12:25 PM
It says that my plugins have not been initialised? how do i fix this

HatCat
7th September 2007, 01:32 PM
Choose "Settings..." from under the "Options" menu. Make sure all plugin fields are filled in.

"You could REEEEAAALLLYY find some time to get the Donation page up so we can try the beta :("

Yeah, I hear you, man (and I do mean 'hear' :P): They're called 'pawns' for a reason. :D

Anonymous
7th September 2007, 07:07 PM
The donation page is down for so long. Why don't make beta forum at least viewable by everyone?

Anonymous
7th September 2007, 09:35 PM
yea that be cool then make it invite only

HatCat
8th September 2007, 02:07 PM
I think that actually might be a good question.

But there are answers to them that I can think of for those else seriously wondering. I feel rather insensitive to keep replying to various questions in a topic like this, but, I think it could make a difference to others if I were to state my opinions.

The most simple answer that comes to my mind first is that not knowing what you get in return for paying money is a sign of paying out of respect. A donation can give money; a trade also can. The public statement that donating a certain minimum would receive, in return, beta access is most-likely not a contradiction to this, for a couple more-likely possibilities. Since there is insufficient known information, the idea that proper donators donate without knowing what will be received in turn stands valid in this case, and this is therefore a valid argument: Donators intend to donate, not to trade directly for themselves.

Another reason is information risk. There are two information risks: The risk of someone uniquely-knowledgable in a certain area to read beta information and have a contributing piece of information to send the Project64 team (e.g. why this bug happens, why there is inaccurate texture mapping) and the risk of someone using this information in negative ways. Understand that information is the strongest weapon not only on this planet, but in anyone's imagination. It can be an equal aid, but consider letting both a weapon and an aid/contributor into your hypothetical beta forums. Unless you're a professional developer, you probably don't need much help, right? Think of what good a few contributions might do to you. Now, think of what the weapon might do to your software. Not very much since they certainly can't download it (read-only access to the forums only), unlikely that someone will do something retarded and linked to a hacked version of the software for fun and assume everyone who can view the forums is a beta member, but, not impossible. There are some contributions that can be given by knowing beta development information, however, that cannot be given, without that information, on something public like EmuTalk forums. However, with unknown variables and outcomes, it is a logical argument that, without knowing how much help the Project64 team could possibly need, they may not need or want help on their programming methods, and information safety may come before unusual but occurable help. A helper is more-commonly, though not always, trusted as someone who is a donator or otherwise a member of the site compared to some guy who smokes pot for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and decides to come out of the back alley into a PC tech store to screw around with some online places.

Some of you are tempted to fill in missing information that you feel is likely. This is called making an assumption. Most assumptions will more-likely damage yourself with arrogant anger rather than calm yourself down by considering all possibilities. Valid assumptions can be defined accurately as filling in known or special information for a special occasion.

Below are INvalid arguments:

Because, why?
Because, it seems to major of a change and needs some adjusting.
Other things that quickly but hardly constantly may occur to some human minds.

Just plain not wanting to, even without specification, is not a valid argument but a valid reason.

Anonymous
8th September 2007, 06:10 PM
Sorry, I haven't fully understood your concerns. What I propose is a read-only access without options to PM the authors on the subject of beta. And of course no posts about the beta on general emutalk.
Yes, it would be of no help to the developers:(
But since there seems to be no plans to restore donations, it would be a gift to the curious community. If they, however, really work on fixing donations, they shouldn't do such gifts.
And what information risks can arise? I don't know. Except if someone hacked the beta forum's engine to get unlimited access. Maybe you could specify more risks?

Anonymous
8th September 2007, 07:21 PM
Your emulator sux. I tried playing vigilante 8 on this crap and it didn't work. I tried the same game on that playstation emulator and its flawless. All your work on this emulator is stupid. I can't believe you would spend so much of your life on crap. Also why don't you want to port this shit to xbox. That would be the cool thing to do. But no, you would charge people for crap when they can just play the port on the better pSX emulator.

Anonymous
9th September 2007, 12:04 AM
Specht mal deusche ihr
und fickt euch alle 8)

Anonymous
9th September 2007, 12:53 AM
[img][/http://www.emulation64.com/tutorials/pj64/images/pic_1.jpg]

Anonymous
9th September 2007, 01:05 AM
Bullshit comment psx, you compared two different things and came to an idiotic conclusion. I guess the whole world is turning around yourself and the stupid game you are playing. But damn, i shouldn't complain since idiots like you still have the touch and can make me laugh. ;D ;D ;D ;

Anonymous
9th September 2007, 04:11 AM
1.7 is all over the torrent sites. Download away. Warez should be free.

HatCat
9th September 2007, 11:26 AM
Nikita Belykh wrote:
Sorry, I haven't fully understood your concerns. What I propose is a read-only access without options to PM the authors on the subject of beta. And of course no posts about the beta on general emutalk.
Yes, it would be of no help to the developers
But since there seems to be no plans to restore donations, it would be a gift to the curious community. If they, however, really work on fixing donations, they shouldn't do such gifts.
And what information risks can arise? I don't know. Except if someone hacked the beta forum's engine to get unlimited access. Maybe you could specify more risks?

Then I think that I may have understood your proposition, for I recall not even a thought of enabling users to private message others on the Project64 beta forums. To rephrase, I was trying to say that sometimes, you need to see information on the forums to have a contribution to a specific thing. Other times, you have bug reports and suggestions you can just post in public forums like EmuTalk without needing any access to the forum information whatsoever. This type of reporting is more-important than the one specified earlier, and it is a logical feeling that letting new users view information may not be worth the extra caution needed to restrict the information given. There are already instances of things, mainly links, that should very-likely be removed from the forums before making them all public to view, just to be safe.

The first argument I claimed is an extension of the saying (one I just made up now): If you come across a choice whose decision relies on your virtue ("virtue" is things like respect, generosity, nobility, wisdom, and many other things), do not worry about the lack of information needed to make the perfect decision; whether the choice be a trade, opportunity or otherwise, believe in the strength of your virtues.

And yes, I read fortune cookies. One possible reason for openly-declaring beta access in turn for a donation is to receive more helpers than money-spenders, those who may include leakers. In my opinion, this is probably the wisest approach under the path of this declaration, as it invites usually only true donators specifically after the leakage has occured, accepting vulnerability with tolerance and courage, the ultimate defense. If this is the reason (which actually I don't think it is :P), then there is a contradiction between that and the first argument.

Now, you all like to (rant) off-topic; I know I do. An example of a valid assumption is any particular one from the set of assumptions almost all of us on this planet make. Skepticism is the belief that nothing that can be known for certain except for our particular existence. Every time that you are unable to prove something, you are assuming something. Another example would be the statement that any side length of a triangle divided by itself will always be 1. For this to be true, a valid assumption must be made that the side length is not 0, in which case the side is considerably-inexistent as a segment. This applies to many other definitions, such as the definition of a circle: A set of all points equidistant from a special point called the center, with all such points in the same plane. Could you consider a single point to be a circle? I asked that, a teacher of mine said No, yet I persist to consider that as a circle, as a set does not necessarily have to be multiple objects. If the definition stated "another point called the circle" instead of "a point called the circle", then I would agree with him.

HatCat
9th September 2007, 12:24 PM
Please forgive my arrogance. That post I just made...it rather burns me to not be able to edit it. You seem to communicate strongly; I just don't think your points should be ignored. I will try to respond more on-topicly to what you said. I guess I was just wavering back and forth like a madman with my beliefs, accidentally, kind of.

First, I guess I almost completely forgot about the factor that, donations cannot be given as of now. That changes things, I should think. In fact, that renders over half of what I said up there as insane ranting. :P

First, I expect you have beared in mind that this public news section already has information about features and other things added to Project64 1.7, so it's not like everyone's been rendered without information on what they get. I guess my first (argument) stands; it is possible they don't want to give full information on what you get. Since they probably only gave some to show some skeptics, it's not like we're trying to rip you off, here's some things we've been working on: [...]. For this amount of generosity, it stands fair I think the belief that those who donate deserve the right to know more, so it's like asking for generosity in turn.

I'm sure this is all already obvious to you; just thought I should do a summary on another part of the background. Now I think I partially (see below) agree with you, that the forums should be public read-only until the donation page is fixed, to show more generosity as a kind of apology for downtimes. In fact, I don't think there's anything unreasonable about your questions, except a possible risk in security. I'm no PHP dude to be honest, but, I think that what might not be preventable is giving information on the beta directory structure away to even guests. The only question left from me is, is this worth satisfying righteous curiosity at the same time as mal-intention-curiosity? In general, I still agree with you, but I can understand why that might seem a little freaking out to give that information.

As for information risk, summed-up I was hallucinating. It's like, I don't know if it's just I was forgetting that I was a beta member or what, but, I was all focused on assumptions and whatnot. In fact, I think I know exactly why I thought of that, but, I'm afraid to further reveal myself for the madman I am.

Anonymous
9th September 2007, 06:38 PM
I'm also not a web programmer :( So far I've been coding in С /С/asm only. But I think it's rather easy to prevent an unauthorized access to the information about beta directory structure and so on. I guess that granting users different levels of privileges is a trivial task, though it may steal some time from the developers, which is no good :( Yes, it may be a downside of the whole proposal. Maybe someone here knows PHP better and will correct me.
Of course it's impossible to prevent the mentioned leaks if a read-only user communicates to a malevolent beta tester. But this can also occur now, because beta members are known on general emutalk.
Also I'd like to ask you, Iconoclast, whether the team is still attempting to fix the donations or is it forsaken?
P.S. Your discourse was rather interesting, nothing "mad" I can think of.

Anonymous
9th September 2007, 07:01 PM
project64 web site looks dead....... like ppl have lost interest
i have :(

mudlord
10th September 2007, 02:34 AM
1.7 is all over the torrent sites. Download away. Warez should be free.
Oh great..... :-\

Everyone knows that stuff will be leaked, no need to remind us.

whether the team is still attempting to fix the donations or is it forsaken?

Nikita, thats actually something we do not know. Only the devs know the answer to that. We beta members are just as out of the loop with the donations problem as you. I know personally I want to donate much more for the excellent work Jabo and zilmar has been doing recently, but unfortunately, it seems it can't be the case :(.

Anonymous
10th September 2007, 06:23 AM
They are afraid of being sued. Little warez kiddies should learn to give their stuff away for free or not give it at all.

Anonymous
10th September 2007, 07:50 AM
The developers don't want to inform the beta members whether they're working on the donations page? Sounds strange. Has it become a secret? :-*

Anonymous
10th September 2007, 09:09 AM
1964 is a better Nintendo 64 emulator. It has more enhanced options and better compatibility.

HatCat
10th September 2007, 01:26 PM
1964's got the most Vista support right now. As of current testing, I have found only one game 1964 emulates playably that Project64 (as well as the other major emulators) doesn't: AI Shougi 3 (Shogi, whatever), and Shogi I think is a Japanese version of chess on a 10x10 board instead of an 8x8 board like most of the other countries.

Aside from that; I doubt you can back up that statement by much. I guess I'm glad to see another example of someone who doesn't go and assumes Oh, look at the five-star rating compared to the other emulators, the name of Project64 and how generic/neutral it looks, the generic (in a good way) interface looks so dedicated, such high emulation quality already! Vomitting memories of sheep and their mysterious ways.

Now in Project64 1.7, the recompiler has matched the strength of Mupen64. Run Top Gear Overdrive in 1964. Now try it on Mupen64 0.5.1. That's how it runs on Project64 1.7 now. Of course, 1964 may be undergoing these revisions as well, so to compare to a beta version of another emulator isn't really fair I suppose. Just thought you could use some enlightenment, if you're not just trying to steal sheep (namely goats). You want my sheep; you can have it, even though it's about as useful as a stuffed toy. "yaaaaay hi-score too! :)"

Nikita Belykh wrote:

I'm also not a web programmer So far I've been coding in С /С/asm only. But I think it's rather easy to prevent an unauthorized access to the information about beta directory structure and so on. I guess that granting users different levels of privileges is a trivial task, though it may steal some time from the developers, which is no good Yes, it may be a downside of the whole proposal. Maybe someone here knows PHP better and will correct me.
Of course it's impossible to prevent the mentioned leaks if a read-only user communicates to a malevolent beta tester. But this can also occur now, because beta members are known on general emutalk.
Also I'd like to ask you, Iconoclast, whether the team is still attempting to fix the donations or is it forsaken?
P.S. Your discourse was rather interesting, nothing "mad" I can think of.

I'm taking a Java class right now, but, for webpage programming languages, I think I'll keep my HTML uppercase. :P For now.

Well, I wrote my two cents into the matter, but, in the meantime (while donations are down), I don't mind answering questions. Apparently, whoever's getting all of these e-mails doesn't mind either...mudlord's right; only they know truly their own to do lists. They have a To Do list viewable by beta members; it is detailed and doesn't seem to be hiding secrets. I see no entry on this issue; then again, it hasn't been updated in some time, may have been forgotten about, is too obvious and not worth adding if it's not considered to be a long-term issue or something, whatever. Whether you all make assumptions on the matter is as up to me as the ability to control how ed off you are for no good reason; I know I still procrastinate on my homework even if that's not the case here. I mean, it's not that I don't want it done, I do want it done, but...I don't know, man! A good deal of the time it's on-time, and I don't end up needing to stay up to get it done, or sometimes I just plain forget about the assignment 1% of the time, and even if I'm not using a computer system, playing chess, any distractions, I just feel like sitting there and thinking, or just walking around an area of the house for no reason, or just standing/sitting and doing nothing, it's weird. I concentrate for a decent amount of time though, hundred times better in school is all. That's why I prefer tests over homework; what little difference there is!

Jabo
11th September 2007, 07:48 AM
Just thought I'd reply quickly to some of the concerns expressed here, and a note - if you don't have anything constructive to say, leave, seriously. nuff said, agree, let's move on. I see alot of questions about donations, it boils down to this at the moment.

We will be opening up a window of time for donations through a new vendor. This will be opened periodically for 72 hours or so to allow anyone waiting to donate. We will likely not be going back to allowing donations on a 24/7 basis purely because of the issues with another vendor in the past. (hence why its closed!)

I can't give a timeframe at the moment, that will likely be a blog in the future. We aren't trying to exclude people, we had issues with the old vendor and it will take time to work through that. We put a lot of effort into this site for the benefit of the project and our users to have more input on PJ.

Anonymous
11th September 2007, 07:37 PM
Great news! Thanks, Jabo!

Anonymous
13th September 2007, 02:07 AM
"Your emulator sux. I tried playing vigilante 8 on this crap and it didn't work"

It would be nice gettin viligate adn the 2nd one to run better and a new game faq list is relly needed, missing heaps of popular games

HatCat
13th September 2007, 12:52 PM
Both of the games have been improved in Project64 1.7.

The menus are now perfectly-emulated, and the in-game has noticeable improvement as well.

Anonymous
15th September 2007, 07:23 PM
Pleeeeaaase fix the donation page. I want to support this project (and not be tempted to look for a leak). The more up to date version I can play with the more testing I can help with. I have already done work with other projects. I having been watching this project grow for many years and enjoyed using it, but no donation page = no beta for me (I got away from the scene for too long.) Now that I have time I really like to contribute. (Starting with money and then hopefully more down the road.) Anyway great work. I've enjoyed reading the beta changes posted publicly. BTW... What version is the beta at now. Last I saw here public was 1.7.0.54??? I'm hoping to make a DX9 (That's my forte) plugin or Experiment with DX10.

P.S. With the donation page down, is there any (Yes, I mean any!) other way to become a member?

HatCat
16th September 2007, 05:07 AM
Personally, I was satisfied testing just Project64 1.6 and reporting issues to EmuTalk.net. I'm not saying as if it is given that you could never make a difference in testing 1.7; one of the reasons I took the opportunity to "betatest" was because I felt I could make a difference, and I liked spending my time on contributing, namely searching for configuration fixes. I was interested in the low-level emulation compatibility most of all. I'd imagine, without my past of testing Project64 1.6 (not only Project64, but 1964 0.9.9, Mupen64 0.5.1 and Nemu64 v0.8) and notes for various games and even my own configuration list, I would not be trustworthy as a betatester.

Even without the latest beta, there is so much that can be written, like a list of games using which microcodes, or, in testing, fixes to the 1.6 RDB. All I'm writing here is, in summary, if you end up not being a member, you can only accomplish that much less testing a version of Project64 that is about one minor revision older or any of the other plugins on any of the other emulators.

Why do you dream to create your own graphics plugin but want to test a particular someone else's?

Anonymous
16th September 2007, 11:01 PM
As graphics and pc hardware increase in power so do the possibilities. I want to help bring last gen emulation back to the forefront of the emulation scene. My latest contributions have been in the realm of SNES emulation for the GBA. I'm currently going through my collection of Roms and finding small fixes that make other completely unplayable games at least get to the opening credit or title. Next I plan on using available source to improve the emulation. However my motivation for helping with this project is a bit selfish. Many N64 carts have become hard to come by. This is my chance to play games I might otherwise never have a chance to. As newer better systems come out older systems fall to the wayside. Just as newer systems mean prettier shinier graphics.

As far as compatibility goes, is the 1.6 RDB going to be compatible with 1.7? If so then I'll go ahead and get started working on that until I can do more. I have an extensive collection and that would keep me busy enough to last a while, but if it won't be compatible with the final version then what's the point?

Thinks ..(Maybe I should just go go 1.4 and work with that... oh wait doing that would serve even less purpose.)

So that goes to my earlier question. "As far as compatibility goes, is the 1.6 RDB going to be compatible with 1.7?"

Can anyone with experience with the betas answer?

Anonymous
16th September 2007, 11:25 PM
One last thing which if any of the plugins are open source? Maybe I can just go directly to work and improve things that way. Plus, I have had another idea I think I'm going to work on as well. I've just go a lot of free time on my hands lately and have really enjoyed the emulation scene.

Anyway, last but certainly not least I'd like to thank those that have already contributed their time and effort to this project and others.

Anonymous
16th September 2007, 11:43 PM
If you are interested in open source N64 emulation, http://www.okaycreations.com/mupen64/index.php is the spot. Enjoy!

Anonymous
17th September 2007, 09:03 AM
GiMpY You could try to improve Z64 video plugin. It's open source and provides more low-level (accurate) emulation than the others.

HatCat
17th September 2007, 03:42 PM
z64gl (or z64 Graphics) is a low-level emulation graphics plugin using OpenGL.
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=40640

Rice's Video Plugin is a high-level emulation graphics plugin based on Daedalus Direct3D plugin and now can use either DirectX or OpenGL. It was discontinued by Rice in 2003 but recently has been picked up by mudlord, still open-source.
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=39868
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=39636

As for the RDB, I'm not one to say compared to Smiff. It seems the options used haven't changed, while some settings of these options have. I think what would be better is if you just made a list of games and which use/need this feature in the RDB or fixes. Send a PM to Smiff or reply to this thread.
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=27562

Now, my opinion is, if I had the knowledge to test games (which I do) and the knowledge to write/get going towards writing my own graphics plugin (checked the plugin specs, bah XD at least I understood what NULL meant, reading up on that after something else), I'd pick the second one man.

Anonymous
18th September 2007, 09:06 AM
Yes, we really need more compatible, more accurate, more low-level graphics plugin. Our only hope is either MooglyGuy from MESS team or some new enthusiast.

Anonymous
19th September 2007, 12:26 AM
while(!If_World_Driver_Championship_Works())
{
Beg_Developers();
Whine_Like_A_Madman();
Hope_For(MooglyGuy);
}

Anonymous
23rd September 2007, 08:08 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions. I will get to work on some of it. I'd say check emutalk in a few weeks (Prolly more like a month doing RDB work at the moment.) Will post results, fixes, etc... once I'm finished with testing. Next I'll attack the open source plugins. (Not looking to add new features yet, just going to work on compatibility for now. Will post any suggested changes to the appropriate forums thanks.

P.S. A fixed donation page would be nice... (Ooops, I said that already.)

squall_leonhart
23rd September 2007, 08:17 AM
"forgot that some people are saying that pj641.7 needs more computer ram an processor speed "

No offence, but it would just SUCK if you did that in the final version. 70% of people today don't have computers over 500MB of ram, and that's the minumum requirement for the OLD version.

the memory requirements haven't spiked, it is still useable on 512mb's
the video requirements though, have increased a little bit due to additions in compatibility (properly rendered FBE's).

a full updated requirements list will be released when the emulator is ready, until then speculation on the final requirements is useless.

HatCat
26th September 2007, 04:06 PM
Whoever the hell allowed that comment/post was just awesome. :D

Yeah, it looks like the plugin's gotten a little stronger at HWFBE with a nice speed maintenance; I don't know what kind of crap-smothered graphics I'd still get on my brother's old system (Mario literally looked like charcoal(maybe something else) in that intro.), but that was only 128 MB and Jabo's still ran like 15-25 percent speed on that Intel card.

Anonymous
28th September 2007, 12:17 PM
Wow! NUTS source code finally released!
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=42136
This test tool is the easiest way to get better LLE emulation in the shortest amount of time!
Jabo, I PRAY, test your RSP opcodes' implementation with it!!

Anonymous
28th September 2007, 08:26 PM
I am Japanese.
It does when it is very good.
Please hold out in the future.
Thank you.

Anonymous
29th September 2007, 09:02 AM
People Please Listen.

Anonymous
29th September 2007, 10:46 AM
Your comment is too short

HatCat
29th September 2007, 11:26 AM
Hryusha wrote:

Wow! NUTS source code finally released!
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=42136
This test tool is the easiest way to get better LLE emulation in the shortest amount of time!
Jabo, I PRAY, test your RSP opcodes' implementation with it!!

It's not their job to test MooglyGuy's discovery; it's MooglyGuy's. If I were in their shoes, I'd state write the plugin yourself with the discovery instead of replacing a near decade of work with someone else's. Normally, I'd take his advice and throw it in the plugin, but if it's his discovery, he probably should be writing the plugin entirely himself. It would be more beneficial for others to wait and see if he discovers anything else. And if he couldn't write it himself or something, I'd just implement it if not teach him.

Anonymous
29th September 2007, 01:39 PM
You don't understand, Iconoclast. They shouldn't replace their existing plugin with MooglyGuy's. NUTS is a utility to help them test their existing plugins against real N64 to achieve better accuracy.

Anonymous
30th September 2007, 12:04 AM
i still waiting for my money back!!!! this project is dead and i pay it for it jeez.

ShadowFX
30th September 2007, 12:45 AM
This project should considered dead ONLY if the developers have announced it. I agree however that the project is more or less on a standstill these days (hench this newsitem).

HatCat
30th September 2007, 09:07 AM
I read in the linked thread that it was said that a finding would achieve perfect RSP emulation. Perhaps I was looking at a seperate matter. I never really took the time to read through every link, mostly because some of them were blocked by McAfee, otherwise because of laziness. I'm sorry.

And I wasn't perceiving entire plugin replacement, of course, but implementation of this discovery into Project64's RSP plugin.

HatCat
30th September 2007, 09:12 AM
Check the posts numbered three and four in that thread you linked to. That was where I was confused, Hryusha, along with the declared posting of the thread on the beta forums. Forgive my jumpiness.

Anonymous
30th September 2007, 06:10 PM
lol it sucks anyway ;D

Anonymous
30th September 2007, 07:43 PM
project64 did giveup :O

some other one ps1 em give up to i think

Anonymous
1st October 2007, 12:07 AM
And I wasn't perceiving entire plugin replacement, of course, but implementation of this discovery into Project64's RSP plugin.
They shouldn't place even the smallest portion of NUTS' code into their RSP plugin. NUTS is only for testing their existing PJ64 RSP plugin, its crucial parts (opcodes' core) on a real console to verify accuracy. NUTS is a test utility, not a plugin, not even a precursor of plugin.

squall_leonhart
1st October 2007, 12:56 AM
Tacobell, sod off, its a donation, you don't get it back, its not like you bought a product off them.

the Project is not dead, there are still minor fixes being made, and secondly, tis you that sucks.

HatCat
1st October 2007, 12:00 PM
Well, there are people who, like, know how to use a keyboard (maybe a mouse, too), so, just in my opinion, XD not the kind I'd want to waste my time responding to. I don't know the minimum number of brain cells, but, XD, "Why won't Mario move?! He's just lying there...wait, the screen's black now. Is the movie over yet? Did he move? This project's dead. :("

Just messing with you guys; observation-derived, you guys understand I'm sure. :P

They shouldn't place even the smallest portion of NUTS' code into their RSP plugin. NUTS is only for testing their existing PJ64 RSP plugin, its crucial parts (opcodes' core) on a real console to verify accuracy. NUTS is a test utility, not a plugin, not even a precursor of plugin.

I hardly even intook the term "NUTS" anywhere in that thread you linked; I was focused on zion's posting news of another topic--whose source information lies in that thread you linked to--here on the beta forums. "With this we should get perfect RSP emulation now." See a quote like that in that EmuTalk thread? It was a complete misunderstanding of the topic on my part.

Anonymous
1st October 2007, 07:18 PM
Dear Project 64 Team,

I want you add extra button for Project 64. Overclock to speed up Nintendo 64 games or speed down games. You know RPG is longest time to finish. RPG is very bore, you can change speed up to be no bore and save your time!!! Please upgrade to overclock while you press - and buttons on keyboards. - => to slow game down(max 3). => to speed game up(max 10) Like Snes9x emulator do. That are very important for you and people to use it. We will like to change any speed sometimes.

Please let me know when you will upgrade for Project 64 1.7 and higher.

Thank you, Project 64 Team

squall_leonhart
1st October 2007, 07:22 PM
already implemented in 1.7 :)

Anonymous
1st October 2007, 07:28 PM
oh! I found problems from this project 64 website comment is not working! What happen to comments?

__ or - (minus or subtract, one short line) to speed game down

_|_ (cross or add, like plus with two lines together) to speed game up
|

Learn about buttons on keyboard for project 64 emulator to update. Please

Anonymous
1st October 2007, 07:45 PM
Thanks to Danial for tell me. :) I want to learn more from you. No problems

Anonymous
1st October 2007, 09:33 PM
any one knows if netplay on project64 yet i nead to know

that the most purpose of project64
you get sick of playing 1 player all the time
but i do vs my bro of line.

Anonymous
1st October 2007, 10:37 PM
That is good to ask question. Snes9x emulator 1.51 version already have netplay. Need get your friend's IP address connect to your computer together and play online internet. Make sure firewall is on. Without firewall, you will not play longer on games. Like Windows XP(Service Pack 1) don't have firewall, it will easily disconnect again. With firewall on, you can play more longer on games without disconnect again. I hope Project 64 1.7 maybe have netplay for play online with your friends/family/everyone. I think netplay should be more fun than alone. I wish want to play games with someone sometimes. I am too alone and bore. :-\

Hope Project 64 Team will add netplay to Project 64 1.7 or later.

Anonymous
1st October 2007, 10:48 PM
My another guess idea:

Note: If you change speed on games while online with someone, possible cause game to crash or freeze. Do not change speed on games while you play online with someone, it will not crash or freeze. I hope for that. If you are alone on game without online, you can change speed on game anytime. It will be fine with you. Like normal do. Normal speed for online is strong recommand. :)

squall_leonhart
1st October 2007, 11:50 PM
the current betas do not have any netplay, but Project64 is still along way off and this might change yet.

Anonymous
2nd October 2007, 05:05 AM
im trying to find Wii Emulator cant find any ?

squall_leonhart
2nd October 2007, 07:12 AM
does this look like request-an-emulator.com?

Anonymous
2nd October 2007, 08:20 AM
u can play pjoject64 games in netplay with project64k 8)
http://pj64k.emulation64.com/

mudlord
2nd October 2007, 05:14 PM
You don't understand, Iconoclast. They shouldn't replace their existing plugin with MooglyGuy's. NUTS is a utility to help them test their existing plugins against real N64 to achieve better accuracy.

Please forgive my attitude, but I would think jabo and zilmar might already have thier own private tools for Nintendo 64 hardware research...

Anonymous
2nd October 2007, 07:12 PM
I doubt it, Mudlord. You're little too general saying "hardware research": RSP opcodes is one thing, RDP is another, timings is the third and so on.
They may have some tools but hardly anything that can test a single RSP opcode against the very console quicker than in a day. Otherwise we should have had much better LLE emulation than we find in current PJ64 betas. Majority of games (with LLE checked) have colors distorted near one of the polygon's vertices, which is a sign that vector math implemented through RSP opcodes is flawed. Run 1080 Snowboarding demo with LLE and you'll see red or yellow patches of snow. Or look at Mario's big face in the beginning of Mario64 (with LLE) and you'll see that triangles don't join but are separated. This is probably a sign that geometrical transformations done by RSP are not emulated properly.
If they had something as easy to test things as NUTS, all RSP opcodes were fixed by now.
If I'm wrong and they have a tool comparable to NUTS (again, I repeat, in RSP's area, not something general), I won't complain and I'll wish them every luck. But if they lack such a tool, they'd better consider using NUTS.

HatCat
3rd October 2007, 12:45 PM
Well, Hryusha, the triangle issues you noticed in Super Mario 64 do not happen in z64's LLE OpenGL plugin but in Jabo's LLE Direct3D plugin, so it might be rendering-engine related, but, according to Jabo, the "RDP list parser" was rewritten, and this has been significantly-reduced, though not to 0.0, especially not in a few certain other games. Also, it looks like neither LLE plugin will boot Gauntlet Legends, which disappointed my investigation of an LLE graphics plugin's potential, since I liked to see things working with Software Rendering or LLE checked or something, I guess it just looks cooler. This game's got some interesting issues in HLE.

Vector math? I've read of two kinds of vectors, the geometric figure that can be pictured as a ray, and, bah, something else I've read about. Coordinate geometry's interesting, though; I'd like to learn the sciences of that causing vertex coloration issues.

Anonymous
3rd October 2007, 01:54 PM
When I play Rush 2049, I can't have two controller paks in at the same time (i.e. one in player 1's controller and one in player 2's controller). The game treats them as if they are being taken in and out over and over. I was wondering if there is a way to fix this in pj64 1.6, or whether it is being corrected in 1.7?

Anonymous
3rd October 2007, 06:02 PM
As for vector math I advise you, Iconoclast, to read anarko's and Michael Tedder's RSP docs.
You are probably right saying that triangle issues are caused by RDP (if there is neither regressions in current PJ64 RSP from PJ64 1.4 state nor too much modifications that Ziggy did in PJ64 1.4 RSP included in his distros).
But still... there is so much unknown about RSP. Games with custom uCodes are still hardly playable in PJ64 betas. Therefore it would be beneficial to study RSP further with NUTS.

squall_leonhart
3rd October 2007, 09:24 PM
When I play Rush 2049, I can't have two controller paks in at the same time (i.e. one in player 1's controller and one in player 2's controller). The game treats them as if they are being taken in and out over and over. I was wondering if there is a way to fix this in pj64 1.6, or whether it is being corrected in 1.7?

use Nrage 2.0 v2.0 instead of jabo dinput

squall_leonhart
4th October 2007, 04:20 AM
Leakers aren't welcome

HatCat
4th October 2007, 02:14 PM
I agree to the openness of studying further, but for now I just think it seems a little selfish to respond here with things irrelevant to zilmar's update. I'm sure the insensitivity is already well-acquainted.

I was merely referencing what Jabo wrote in his changes log. Nonetheless, I will read through these documents. I doubt, at this point, I will be able to make much sense of it, unless it happens to be the kind of vector I am already aware of.

Anonymous
6th October 2007, 08:10 PM
Just want all to know I'm still doing some testing at the moment. Will be posting RDB updates hopefully by the end of the month. Just taking me a while. Testing both PJ 1.6 and the Carts I dumped them from on the original 64 for comparison. Have over 100 carts/roms to test. (Testing with original plugins and others for compatibility recommendations) Will hopefully be able to post my updates/changes by the end of the month if not next month. Then I will have to figure why some of my dumps aren't properly being renamed by GoodTools. Submitting info on those carts to cowering and then will add them as new entries to the RDB. Long live PJ64.

P.S. To Zilmar:
If the project ever does die, please release the source so it can continue via others.

P.S.S. Any new news on the donation page?

HatCat
7th October 2007, 01:55 PM
Well, GiMpY, if I may express my personal opinion,

It is, after all, a project, even though others wouldn't have the code in their head and make use of it as much as the authors themselves and that the 1.4 source code stands open, but I think you perhaps posted your update on the wrong page? Maybe site?

I am interested in your testing as well as mine; I hope to record your notes from you some time soon.

Anonymous
8th October 2007, 09:43 PM
is this site going to have net-play tournaments and stuff like that, also will some random have to pay for netplay

also viligante 2 is unplayable, it's da best game, plz make it work.

Anonymous
9th October 2007, 07:08 AM
Only PC games can do that. World of Warcraft, Warcraft III, Starcraft & 2, Age of Empire III, Spellforce Platinum, Spellforce 2 Shadow Wars and Dragon Storm, Vampire Bloodine(free), Blood Rayne 1,2, and much more. I love war games than kids games, because I am adult. Classic games will be hard to find tournaments to win the biggest money. I don't need them. That make me feel like bore. :-\

I going download more largest games from internet, and what I like to play many different games for Teen to Adult. If games are not good, I should delete them and search more different games. :)

Anonymous
9th October 2007, 07:38 AM
I not play World of Warcraft online, this game said to me need to pay bills to Blizzard Company. I was upset at that. I want to play offline to play myself alone without pay bill. I have good idea. I need go ask World of Warcraft staffs to know about online and offline play game. I am waste my money for that. $49.99 :( I hurt myself feeling about game.

squall_leonhart
9th October 2007, 08:06 AM
hey everyone, guess what.

Tacobell is the little ass whos been leaking the latest builds!

how does that make you all feel >.< it makes me feel crush kill destroy!

Anonymous
9th October 2007, 08:15 AM
I never heard of that! Whoa! Oh really!? Tacobell not good for us to eat? Someone put chemical/toxic/other bad object in taco and give to people then eat and die? I heard meat was recall in our US on NEWS at TV. That very terrible!

squall_leonhart
9th October 2007, 09:04 AM
no, lol, i mean the guy thats posted comments here

Anonymous
9th October 2007, 09:05 AM
oh I see. Yeah that funny comments around here. No problems. :)

HatCat
9th October 2007, 12:17 PM
Why do you know/think he did it?

"also viligante 2 is unplayable, it's da best game, plz make it work."

All that remains is for someone to report remaining issues. :P I've been kind of slacking though on that part due to chess (not like some casino addiction or anything but perhaps remotely). I checked Vigilante 8 (not Second Offense version), that's got better menus and support for a new framebuffer object. Configuration for in-game fixes seems to help a slight bit now as well.

Now, you seem to post here so much, I have a question for a listener. Why would one want to request a certain game to be fixed? If it's because they don't know about the game, maybe it's not the only one? Why would they ignore the request of all others who have not donated and jump to a random request? Do you expect luck? Do I fail to understand simple desperation? :( If you're willing, help me out here, enlighten me a bit.

Off topic I hate hard tacos...hell, why not use clam shells instead of taco shells to hold the meat, swallow the things whole, only difference is the clam shell (not that the average guy will succeed in swallowing it) actually has taste in it. And then, oop, what's this new brilliant "invention"? Standing hard-shell tacos XD.

Anonymous
10th October 2007, 12:58 AM
Danial Horton a ueser for the beta ueser that why

he can ues pay pal that prick

i dont work no credit card
no other alternative

HatCat
10th October 2007, 12:41 PM
i dont work no credit card
no other alternative

The contents of a watched pot seldom change. You're not the only one here who could have written that complaint; you're just the only one who did up until now.

Everything has a price. The decision to get Project64 downloaded has a price of usually taking the time to go through this website and do such, and that costs hands. If you don't work, why should time be such a valuable cost? You could simply choose to wait like I intended to. Rather, I did not nothing, but focused on what I could do.

Anyway, I guess I hate to seem like a religious doctor or something, I'm just trying to point toward a new perspective for anyone who cares.

squall_leonhart
10th October 2007, 12:53 PM
you don't buy PJ64, you just get to test it if you donate.

i would've donated regardless of getting the beta or not.

infact, they should never have at all mentioned this in the first place and told donators to be hush about it.

HatCat
10th October 2007, 01:53 PM
I wasn't getting at anything money-related in that post. All I meant was that time, a substitute payment, is a better cost for those who don't work than for those who do. Don't presume; I referred to the option of simply waiting if you couldn't donate.

But yeah, that whole argument months ago I wasted my time on at EmuTalk about "buying" Project64, I doubt that's really what I had in mind, just my word choice and strict adherence to semantics and word definitions. Under the common understanding of the word I should never have used it.

Anonymous
23rd October 2007, 07:34 AM
So... where can I get 1.7? I want to play Dr. Mario, but, it doesn't work on 1.6

HatCat
23rd October 2007, 12:15 PM
Until you specify further, all one can do to help you is assume conditions.

1.7 is inexistent; its developmental versions are available to those who donated to test them. These versions are called beta versions because they are so potentially experimental that they may not be fully appropriate for a public release.

You can choose to wait for the full release of Project64 and use 1964 with Rice's Video Plugin or--according to BigHead--Glide64 WonderPlus with "get frame buffer info" enabled, or you could donate for a version of Jabo's graphics plugin that fixes an in-game issue making the game hardly playable. Or you could pirate it.

Anonymous
27th October 2007, 09:27 PM
Halloween is coming soon. We will dress costume up soon. Scare kids when open door! :P What you going dress costume for Halloween?

BOOO! We should have fun time! ;D

Anonymous
27th October 2007, 10:59 PM
ahjuibgvguogo;/bg;go

HatCat
28th October 2007, 05:19 AM
I'll just be the indoor guy, hoping no one who rings the door recognizes me.

Blah blah "Where do you live? I don't think I know where she lives but I think I know where she lives. She might know where I live! Oh, I love where you live...."

Silly discussions between the females here, this city's got some form of gayness going on, I don't know what the hell's their problem.

More off-topicness.

And I have yet to hear of/witness anyone else besides me who's looked around the school network drives and found this little text document that contains every student's real first, middle and last names, addresses and phone numbers, but do I give them any gayness? I could also read out their student ID numbers to them that I stole off of another text document and use that as my lunch payment (you could pay twice per day), but I'm just not that evil, you know. Maybe they are, but they can, like, die, so yeah. The only thing they could do that I couldn't, until FireFox was uninstalled, was bypass the content blocker because someone read the password off of someone, but apparently no one has found a remaining portal to FireFox stored on a middle school directory.

(/arrogance)

Anyway, glad I wasn't born here.

(/self-centeredness)

Anonymous
29th October 2007, 10:37 AM
Hey,guys.
I love your work. I hope to hear from you guys again,even just another "Hang in there,were still here" message would be nice.
Anyway I hope all goes well,and I hope you add a Vista style skin to the emu.

Anonymous
30th October 2007, 05:26 PM
i find it ironic that there's was a lack of posts ... it took less than 2 months to post that and now it's been over 2 months and there's an even greater lack of posts.

Anonymous
30th October 2007, 08:09 PM
i want to make mario kart 64 extreme drift youtube video iv, but it needs video capture!

Anonymous
30th October 2007, 11:50 PM
Hey aitken 4 bacon, you need go to download my files at myspace/11104819. Free for everyone. You must read carefully, because I have many dump files maybe confuse you to hard to read! No report is needed. These files don't have viruses or spywares. I keep clean files for on myspace. We don't want harm your computer. Safe period! Many people need stop complain hard find files. Very easy to do monitor your own screen and make game into video! This files are not spyware!!! Regular. :)

Find files names are:

1. quick screen recorder 1.5 (Ok)

2. Super Screen Capture v4.0 (Recommend here)

;)

Anonymous
30th October 2007, 11:52 PM
Happy Halloween today!!! I going wear vampire costume! Lol Ready for sucking blood? no problems! :D

Anonymous
2nd November 2007, 03:28 AM
I am sad for Halloween go away. I want Halloween back! Halloween is my favorite! :( Thanksgiving and Christmas are come soon! I can't wait to eat biggest meal! I can't wait to open gifts until Christmas! I want more games and some movies! :)

Project 64 1.7 need no hurry/rush to arrive to download. We stay cool. 8)

Anonymous
3rd November 2007, 08:01 AM
dunno personally i think pj64 is dead sorry :( cant donate so cant get a beta copy, so why not logically release the current version as a WIP, there's no release date now as well im told.

HatCat
3rd November 2007, 01:34 PM
Because it's still a beta version: Releating a WIP version might not be right because the authors haven't finalized encountered or potentially-encountered bugs as "taken care of". That's what beta versions are supposed to be private/developmental for, right?

I mean, yeah, sure it's easy to assume that everything's been going okay and to just release what there is now or very soon, which may or may not actually happen for all we know, but no end user here needs a beta release for anything. You might get faster speed, you might not. You might see more graphics configuration options, you might not. But do any of this type of improvements change, on a high end system, how emulation of the games you play "looks" in contrast to 1.6? Only the pleasure of using a later version whose improvements you are uncertain of. Or a game that works bad in 1.6 but not as bad in 1.7, in which case, you could still just as easily enjoy the games you already ripped or pirated while waiting for those fixes.

And about the excuse of the donation page being down, that doesn't imply something as "dead", nor is it to blame on any user here to the point of making a new current release reasonable.

And yes, there never was an absolute release date--even before the happening to the donation page--only a relative one: "not expected before 2008", which has now been extended to "plus a little white", of course "little" could mean anything.

HatCat
3rd November 2007, 01:41 PM
lmao 'white'? Where the hell did racism get to my mind.... I meant "little while longer" or something like that.

So while I'm spamming,

a wrote:

ahjuibgvguogo;/bg;go

1. g2-g3 b8-c6
2. b1-c3 e7-e5
3. g1-f3 f8-b4
4. e2-e4 d7-d6
5. f1-b5 g8-e7
6. a2-a3 b4-a5
7. b2-b4 a5-b6
8. e1-g1 a7-a6
9. b5-a4 e8-g8
10. c1-b2 c8-g4
11. c3-d5 e7xd5
12. e4xd5 d8-f6
13. g1-g2 c6-d4
14. b2xd4 b6xd4
15. c2-c3 e5-e4
16. g2-g1 g4xf3
17. d1-e1 f6-f5
18. a4-d7 f5xd7
19. e1xe4 f3xe4
20. e4-f3 d2-d3
21. d7-h3 a1-c1
22. h3-g2

And I won't run out of games. :D

Anonymous
4th November 2007, 03:21 PM
wtf?

??????

Anonymous
4th November 2007, 05:43 PM
is project64 goin to come out or what
]

Lack of updates recently
its dead

Anonymous
5th November 2007, 10:13 AM
That sad. Please resurrection website and job to still work on it.

HatCat
5th November 2007, 12:42 PM
Now if anyone here happens to be serious (and reads after they post), Smiff's away for some reason, zilmar is apparently busy according to this update, and Jabo is focusing on Jnes for the present time.

Guest 1986 wrote:

Project 64 1.7 need no hurry/rush to arrive to download. We stay cool.

That sad. Please resurrection website and job to still work on it.

Up to you.

yo wrote:

Lack of updates recently
its dead

...>:(>:(>:(
So? :P

You need brains to use software, so apparently something is dead. XD

3 wrote:

wtf?

??????

Quiet. The maestro is decomposing. :)

1. e2-e4 g8-f6
2. b1-c3 b8-c6
3. g1-f3 e7-e5
4. f1-c4 f6xe4
5. c3xe4 d7-d5
6. c4-d3 d5xe4
7. d3xe4 d8-f6
8. e1-g1 c8-g4
9. d2-d3?! c6-d4!
10. e4xb7?! c7-c6!!
11. b7xa8? d4xf3
12. g2xf3 g4xf3
13. a8xc6 f6xc6
14. d1xf3 c6xf3
15. c1-e3 f8-d6!
16. c2-c4 e5-e4!
17. c4-c5 d6-c7
18. d3xe4 f3-h3
19. f1-e1 c7xh2
20. g1-h1 e8-g8!!
21. a2-a4 f8-e8
22. a1-d1 h7-h6
23. b2-b3 e8-e6
24. d1-d8 g8-h7
25. d8-h8 h7xh8
26. f2-f3 h2-f4
27. h1-g1 e6-g6
28. g1-f2 h3-g2# 0-1

Anonymous
5th November 2007, 05:16 PM
1-Need support a Kaillera!! The Kaillera its a multy Player plugin!!!
2-Need input turbo buttom per buttom
3-Need trasnfer pokemon game of N64 to Game boy emulator Pokemon game,
4-Need Hack Rouble Pack support in Mario Kart, rs

Anonymous
5th November 2007, 11:58 PM
hows the private forum goin fags.

ShadowFX
6th November 2007, 02:36 AM
Not much activity going on, you aren't missing out on stuff ;)

mudlord
7th November 2007, 01:46 AM
Need support a Kaillera!!

zilmar knows network coding quite well, thus no need for Kaillera.

HatCat
7th November 2007, 06:34 AM
MonkBoy wrote:

Given nothing on the board but white knight b1, white bishop c1, white king e1, and black king e8.

1. e1-e2 e8-e7
2. e2-e3 e7-e6
3. e3-e4 e6-d6 //Black is right to rather corner itself in the a8 square instead of the h8 square.
4. f1-d3 d6-e6
5. b1-d2 e6-d6
6. d2-c4 d6-e6 //It is time for black to pick a side. If Ke6, then h8 becomes the checkmating square whereas a8 cannot.
7. e4-e5 c6-b5 //Why not corner yourself in a8? See next game.
8. e5-d5 b5-b4 //Prevents 8. ... Kc6 and 8. ... Kxc4.
9. c4-d6 b4-c3 //Kc3 either way, but avoids giving black an escape plan for the future.
10. d5-e4 c3-c2 //The king is the most powerful endgame checkmating piece here, only without the check.
11. e3-d4 c2-d2
12. d6-c4 d2-c2 //If 12. ... Ke2? then white "patronizes" with 13. Bc5. Remember to consider waiting moves, and you will do well.
13. c4-a5 c2-d2 //The purpose of Na5 is to control escape square b3, while the black king cannot escape to g2 either. Patience.
14. d4-e5 d2-e2 //Another waiting move to urge the black king to make a weakness before exploting it....
15. a5-b3 e2-f2 //After Be5, black could escape in the kingside, had it not been for white's next reply.
16. e5-d6 f2-f1 //Ke1 instead of Kf1 might have been worse after white's Ke3 response than the next move listed below.
17. e4-f3 f1-e1 //Black's final pick-a-side decision, white now has enough information.
18. d6-f4 e1-d1 //If Ke3, then Kf1.
19. b3-d4 d1-e1 //Controlling escape square c2, btw don't plan roles for every single piece from the very first move, not a good habit.
20. f3-e3 e1-d1 //If Kf1 then white should accept cornering the black king in h1 instead.
21. f4-g3 d1-c1
22. e3-d3 c1-b2 //Black escaped ZOMG suck it up, what did I tell you about them waiting moves?
23. g3-d6 b2-c1 //There we go. If Ka2? then Kd2, forcing response Ka1 and an eventual checkmate.
24. d3-c3 c1-d1 //Again, be patient, just not unnecessarily passive.
25. d6-g3 d1-c1 //Learn to instantly-recognize waiting move opportunities so you can plan them faster, just don't use them unless better than the classic aggressiveness.
26. d4-e2 c1-d1 //yaaay more waiting moves
27. e2-g1 d1-c1 //Dunno why I did that; these two moves demonstrate unnecessary waiting move planning. It's not too late, though.
28. g3-h4 c1-d1
29. c3-d3 d1-c1
30. h4-f6 c1-d1
31. f6-c3 d1-c1
32. g1-e2 c1-b1 //Kd1 would've delayed but not prevented; apparently Titus doesn't see a checkmate and prefers Kb1 and this continuation.
33. c3-d4 b1-a2
34. d4-c5 a2-b2
35. e2-d4 b2-c1
36. c5-b4 c1-b2
37. d3-d2 b2-b1
38. b4-a3 b1-a2
39. a3-c1 a2-b1
40. d4-e2 b1-a2
41. d2-c2 a2-a1
42. c1-b2 a1-a2
43. e2-c1# 1-0

The Self-Corner Technique

Given that same starting position.

1. e1-e2 e8-d8
2. e2-e3 d8-c8
3. e3-e4 c8-b8
4. e4-d5 b8-a8
5. d5-c6 a8-b8
6. b1-c3 b8-a8
7. c3-b5 a8-b8
8. c1-f4 b8-a8 //...Fine, be that way. :P
9. f4-e3 a8-b8
10. c6-b6 b8-a8
11. b5-c7 a8-b8
12. b6-c6 b8-c8
13. e3-a7 c8-d8 //Na6 wouldn't have been better because the knight would have a hard time moving back to lock future white squares.
14. c7-d5 d8-c8
15. d5-b6 c8-d8
16. c6-d6 d8-e8
17. d6-e6 e8-d8 //slow but steady, what other way to prevent Kf7 after all, makes the best move easy to figure out, right?
18. a7-b8 d8-e8
19. b8-c7 e8-f8 //now how to control square g7? Don't use the bishop, because then Bf6 to control both routes, blocking your king, and the knight can't help
20. e6-f6 f8-e8 //pest..
21. c7-b8 e8-d8 //if c7-d6 instead, then you can't make that move next time as a waiting move and still control f8, doesn't matter here though
22. b8-d6 d8-e8
23. d6-c7 e8-f8 //same position, only now it's my turn
24. b6-a4 f8-e8 //learn to instantly recognize knight move patterns and the number of moves needed to reach any square
25. a4-c5 e8-f8 //that knight's on it's way...
26. c5-d3 f8-e8
27. d3-e5 e8-f8
28. e5-f7 f8-e8
29. f6-e6 e8-f8
30. c7-e5 f8-e8
31. e5-d4 e8-f8
32. f7-d6 f8-g8
33. e6-f6 g8-f8
34. d4-c5 f8-g8
35. d6-f5 g8-h7
36. f6-f7 h7-h8
37. f7-g6 h8-g8
38. f5-h6 g8-h8
39. c5-d4# 1-0

It is rare for a8 to become the checkmating square and only if the white pieces are luckily-placed.

The second is already supported currently by N-Rage's DirectInput plugin, and the rumble pak isn't used in Mario Kart 64, which I don't think can change through the emulator?

Anonymous
8th November 2007, 09:46 AM
How do i dovnload Games to Pj64 ??? I have tryed so much but i havent found anything... :-\

Anonymous
8th November 2007, 02:36 PM
Hey Amalie Sunshine, you need find games on Google please! Games still there in Google. Remember Google is our friendly. ;) Thumb up!

Anonymous
10th November 2007, 06:15 AM
Guest 1986!

Anonymous
10th November 2007, 08:06 AM
i do hope pj64 comes out eventually...it looks so much slicker in design then it previous version and other emulators.

Anonymous
10th November 2007, 12:37 PM
pay page goes down THEN they say its on hold for "now" *cough* no updates or any info for awhile now, sorry if i offend people but it does seem people have given up or it seems like it, just stateing how it seems thats all.

HatCat
10th November 2007, 03:07 PM
Yep, that is basically what has happened.

But perhaps the reason why there has been no updates recently is because of work? So if it seems like they have given up, what signals to you that that is more likely than the possibility that they are too busy to work on it now?

asswipe wrote:

i do hope pj64 comes out eventually...it looks so much slicker in design then it previous version and other emulators.

You find your mother in there yet? :D

Anonymous
13th November 2007, 06:44 AM
no work on project64 yet?

Anonymous
13th November 2007, 10:19 AM
Dunno. Project 64 Teams - admin. or Mod. said Project 64 1.7 will come out in 2008. Please wait when News come on this Project 64 website by admin. I can't wait to see NEWS. Keeping come! :)

Anonymous
13th November 2007, 07:12 PM
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

HatCat
14th November 2007, 06:55 AM
And yet, maybe zilmar will change to the dark side. Or is this the dark side? Legal be it, is this necromancy? And if the games weren't dead, that would be another story.

Silly children of misplacement, am I poisoned? Why fight purpose? We will all suffer together.

dark man wrote:

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

1. g1-f3 d7-d5
2. b1-c3 d5-d4
3. c3-e4 e7-e5
4. e2-e3 f7-f5
5. d1-h5 g7-g6
6. e5xg6 h7xg6
7. h5xh8 g8-f6
8. b2-b3 b8-d7

Anonymous
14th November 2007, 08:05 AM
ja era :-*

Anonymous
14th November 2007, 09:30 PM
Any chance of getting 1.7 or should I wait till Hell freezes over?

Probably happen sooner then donations getting fixed.

Anonymous
15th November 2007, 04:21 AM
if donations comes up is zilmar goin to end up like that OiNK guy

Anonymous
17th November 2007, 12:09 AM
Wow! Website have glitches log in/out and without log in/out! I not know why internet have a lot of problems! I shock of that! That weird things going around on many different websites. First time I have my account on myspace, one day have glitches and ruin my codes. Wow! I don’t know why Internet is going down or move out to another place. We need check out why all websites have glitches. Keep checking on all websites are working or fail to log in and log out. Puzzle. I was confuse of all websites have serious problems. Right now, I am worry about all of websites maybe going gone. :(

Anonymous
17th November 2007, 05:19 AM
maybe some main server down or damaged cable? :o

Anonymous
17th November 2007, 05:21 AM
PS: I mean cable under the earth.

Anonymous
17th November 2007, 05:27 AM
well, i had yesterday the same problem like you with many websites. :'(

Anonymous
17th November 2007, 11:47 AM
Nice that PJ64 is still alive even if it might take some time until the next Update.

There is just one thing I'd like to see fixed before the next release: The Help Section. ;)
The "Cheats Page" gives a Timeout if you want to know more about cheats. => pj64.net doesn't exist and neither does pj64-emu.com have a cheat subdomain.
There was something else that didn't work correctly.

P.S. Does anyone know of a way to get Blast Corps displaying properly? The Game works and 98% are fine but the TV Screen if you start a Level is messed up and there are no Lines that connect the levels on the worldmap.

Anonymous
17th November 2007, 01:19 PM
To: Indy,

I agree with you. I can't believe websites going lost or wrong. I guess maybe black holes throw powerful signal on Earth and make Internet static. Got it?

Check out on website. Very scary! :o

(3xw).telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtml?view=DETAILS&grid=&xml=/earth/2007/11/08/scicosmic108.xml

Anonymous
17th November 2007, 03:03 PM
Unlike all file sharing, online gaming(World of Warcraft, more), email, bank online, work on website, instant chat such as MSN, Yahoo, AIM, etc, upload/download files, business work online, and much more can get very serious problems! Whoa!!! I hate Internet get lost and become error like invalid! That sad. Many people maybe get angry against internet. You think I am right? or not or wait and see?

Anonymous
17th November 2007, 08:57 PM
I can't wait till 2008!! :o :-\ :'(

Anonymous
22nd November 2007, 03:34 AM
Fate uscire sto' pj64 1.7!

( ;d)

Anonymous
22nd November 2007, 06:02 AM
I will hope it will turn right like before.

Anonymous
22nd November 2007, 03:40 PM
THIS IS REDICULOUS!!!

WHY DON'T THEY JUST FREAKING LET EVERYBODY DOWNLOAD THE 1.7 BETA AND SLAP A FREAKING LOGO QUOTING "BETA".

WE CAN DONATE = NO ACCOUNT = NO BETA DOWNLOAD = O.M.G.

I've bean waiting for over 1 month now and still no freaking luck.
How do you want us to believe in not getting leaked version when their last update was in AUGUST!!! Were Almost In December already.

Just release the BETA TO ALL and when you fix the Donations, put it back up as mandatory.

Sorry for my frustration, but this is getting mighty rediculous >:(

HatCat
22nd November 2007, 05:33 PM
Perhaps they do expect you to get a leaked version.

Possibly, they may all be just too busy to do anything about it. How can you expect luck in a situation such as business? From what little my type is familiar with of the world of work, you simply work or you die.

It is also possible that the leakage since before the decline of updates here was a message, a trigger of the idea that business pressures should be confronted even further before development in non-paying conditions. If donation rates were down, then other work needs to be done?

If this is not all tolerated, perhaps the project was best kept in secret until a discontinuation arrived. It could easily have been made so that each public release had five years of time in between from the beginning. That there is complaining even after a not-so-recent drop down in this in-between time period measurement only shows failure to adjust.

Less donations would be given after that point if your (and initially my) idea were implemented.

Now why are you frustrated?

Anonymous
23rd November 2007, 02:25 PM
Hey all! Happy Black Friday today! All things go on sale! I get 2x 2GB PNY DRR2 5300 and Western Digital Hard drive 400 GB SATA for my computer. Total cost 198.47 . Not so bad! I am very excite to get computer parts on sale. :)

Anonymous
24th November 2007, 08:37 AM
I actually have some cash now and WANT to donate, but the donation page has been down for what seems like months...

HatCat
24th November 2007, 12:41 PM
So what could you possibly expect?

The only sensible thing left to expect in this situation is for things to get worse or, at best, nothing until a period in which restoration arrives. And the idea of putting up a new donation page using the Google checkout page thingy, which might not be interested in at the moment because work can't be done on the emulator anyway, so just for honesty purposes maybe.

Exactly why optimisism is synonymous with vulnerability, a silly lack of brain cells or whatever the hell causes it. Just like there are mentally ill pessimists, there are ratios. A lot of teachers, for example, 20 years of education and they only know advanced middle school education in every subject but their own, and they're all pessimists, not. Like that makes sense. Or it's just America "evolving" I guess. Duh, I can just imagine a group of people a thousand years later all On to the next generation GAW! with teh buck teethz and alls, jump into the Sigil Barrier, there goes the head along with the gum in his mouth...wait....

Hm...

I actually have some cash now and WANT to donate, but the donation page has been down for what seems like months...
So how's it going?

Anonymous
25th November 2007, 10:16 AM
Project Need

1-Need support a Kaillera!! The Kaillera its a BEST multy Player plugin!!! but have very much users!!!
:)

Anonymous
26th November 2007, 05:05 PM
Z64 plugin is dead, N64 development in MESS is dead, PJ64 1.7 is close to death, to say the least.
All three N64 LLE projects ever existed are dead! :'(
N64 will probably never be emulated even at good opcode-level accuracy!
Some titles with custom uCodes will remain unemulated forever. In the future years interest in emulating N64 will only decrease.
What should be my reason to live now? :'(

Anonymous
26th November 2007, 08:04 PM
PJ64 1.7 is close to death
It's not close to death, the developers have just moved on to other things temporarily. I'm sure it's not going to be dead any time soon.

I'm ready to donate whenever the donation page gets back up....

Anonymous
26th November 2007, 09:25 PM
Noooooo! :o :'( I worry about Project 64 1.7 dead. Please fix many error and bugger. Project 64 Teams need separate two emulators in different way. Start with PJ64 1.7a and PJ64 1.7b . Will someone fix for Project please? I don't want Project 64 die and worse! Someone who work very hard on Project programs and can collect a lot of money and Project 64 Teams will be certificated in the future to be successful! In the future will record all old system - NES to Nintendo Wii, PS1 to PS3, Xbox to Xbox 360, all other consoles, and later(new consoles and games include).

I pray for project 64 Team must try harder work and will be key to success to allow all Nintendo 64 games work on it. I want to pay(maybe $20 to $100) to Project 64 Teams, because Project 64 Teams are the best and very smart that who made very special emulator! When Project 64 success fix Project 64 and can go next level of new emulator to Project DS/GameCube/Wii to make new Nintendo GameCube and Wii/DS emulators in the future. So many people will be happy to play old games back in the future to play on all any PC computers using Windows XP and Vista. Our future will never die. Our future will keep record all consoles, games, programs, applications, codes, and other special objects are only key to successful to complete all things.

Anonymous
26th November 2007, 09:30 PM
Please don't try to quit Project 64 to work on new emulator. Please suffer to still try fix and repair all you can. Bless to Project 64 Teams.

HatCat
27th November 2007, 02:46 PM
According to the update here, the distraction is a non-emulator project. The idea that Project64 is dead is not going to be caused by a new project until zilmar feels it is "at a good point". If it convinces you any more, he has not posted on the beta forums since before he posted this public topic. It should now be easy to accept that the reason is business.

If the project dies before a next release, it might be for that reason, maybe also after reading an article. From my perspective--and I am not going to write "as far as I know" for a reason--it will not just die like that without some sort of release first.

Why do you want to try to intensify them? Do you care about the risk that it will not make a difference, that nothing can be done at this time? In fact, patient waiting might be appreciated a bit more on both your end and theirs.

Z64 plugin is dead, N64 development in MESS is dead, PJ64 1.7 is close to death, to say the least.

Many graphics plugins are dead. z64gl was an experimental plugin that was beneficial to microcode research. I know nothing about M.E.S.S., but, certainly, even the emulator that have not been publicly discontinued seem to be frozen in some way.

All three N64 LLE projects ever existed are dead!

During the period of zilmar's announcement, Jabo released another build with some modifications to the LLE graphics emulation engine. He is currently focused on Jnes development, although that is not necessarily a declaration of a discontinuation to development of his graphics plugin. I cannot seem to recall ziggy's recent posts; that plugin is dead for at least the moment.

Some titles with custom uCodes will remain unemulated forever. In the future years interest in emulating N64 will only decrease.

I agree. It seems, after all, that this has been a constantly negative linear regression since maybe RealityMan's time, sometime in 2003 at latest. Perhaps the idea of video game emulation itself is overall dissolving to the increasing power of platform manufacturing.

legend
28th November 2007, 07:11 PM
It's been over 3 months since Zilmer's initial post and still not a word. It's been over 6 months since the last beta also. Hopefully, we can hear something or see something soon - especially with the holidays coming up. ;)

Anonymous
28th November 2007, 08:24 PM
i just want a smooth netplay ;D

HatCat
29th November 2007, 12:36 PM
It seems to me that zilmar wrote everything there is to write. You expect an acknowledgement of return, but perhaps a promise cannot be guaranteed true. With that, since Dan perhaps resigned and Smiff is away, all that is left to happen in this topic is spamming, between assertive and defensive inclusive.

The time since the previous release, whether private or public, hardly matters as a point of criticization for a distraction that has, under intervention, lasted almost a decade. No factual declaration existed within zilmar's update as to the duration of his side business despite the estimation range of two to nine months.

(2) / (9)
(2 - 2) / (9 - 2)
(0) / (7)
(0 3.2) / (7)
45 percent

Since 50 percent is an F, your complaint fails. :P

legend
29th November 2007, 05:33 PM
Do you realize the level of deutchbaginess you have achieved. Seriously, Icono, do you have friends? Or are you just one of these internet geeks whose whole life is dedicated to arguing with people for no reason really.

And the range if you could read is 2 - 6 months, so you immature equation is inaccurate - to say the least. So to be a uber nerd like you, I'll say that your complaint fails. :P

"The time since the previous release, whether private or public, hardly matters as a point of criticization for a distraction that has, under intervention, lasted almost a decade. "

6 months is atill 6 months. Because the project has lasted 10 years does not negate that fact. I was only stating the fact that its been a long time since there's been any activity or word from the PJ64 team. And quit trying to sound smart, because it's not working.

"No factual declaration existed within zilmar's update as to the duration of his side business despite the estimation range of two to nine months. "

Thanks Icono. We all thought that was stated as fact as we have referenced his statement so many times and declared it a factual claim. Retard.

HatCat
29th November 2007, 06:03 PM
"And the range if you could read is 2 - 6 months, so you immature equation is inaccurate - to say the least."

I hope I will be able to give pj64 some good attention in 2-3 months time, put it might be another 6 months.

"6 months is atill 6 months. Because the project has lasted 10 years does not negate that fact."

I quoted him that his distractions repeatedly happened for almost 10 years, as stated in his first post here, not as to how long the project has lasted. It was merely pointing towards the idea that complaining out of impatience is not really necessary, but if it makes you feel better, I have no complaint. :)

"I was only stating the fact that its been a long time since there's been any activity or word from the PJ64 team."

Which does imply impatience, but I am sure you already knew that. Just so you know, I would not normally attack one that does not attack, which is why I am not attacking you. :P

"No factual declaration existed within zilmar's update as to the duration of his side business despite the estimation range of two to nine months. "

This means that zilmar's estimate was just an estimate, and that stating that it has been three months is more easily shown as impatience by that idea.

Anonymous
2nd December 2007, 03:06 AM
Does anyone know the project64 version where you can play online over kaillera? Its called project64k pj64k.emulation64.com

HatCat
2nd December 2007, 06:21 AM
Holeeeeeeeey Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhit...

Obviously no offence if that post is declined, yada bad way to word that first paragraph.

Anonymous
2nd December 2007, 11:20 AM
I wish I could honestly say that I was surprised by what happened to PJ64 but I can't, simply because Project 64 is a program that is developed by a small nonprofit group. The main problem here is the simple fact that programs like Project 64 and other emulators tend to hit some point in their development cycle where things start to fall apart. While some do recover, most do not and assuming that they do, they tend to not be able to regain their former glory, such as VisualBoyAdvance anyone? It was brought back, but did anything new ever happen to it after 1.7.2 that really mattered? The sad fact is, that while Project 64 might come back after this, (assuming hell freezes over, of course) it has probably lost a lot of its momentum and probably will go the way of the VBA. I love Project 64, but I really don't have my hopes up for a major recovery after having its development in a standstill for over a half a year. At this rate the latest version I'll ever get to play is the pirated 1.7.0.49 version I got off of Bittorent. I just hope I'm wrong on this one. The only hope I really do see, if this keeps up is doing what a lot of privately developed emulators do, go open source. One major one I can think of is one that everybody here has to have heard of... ZSNES. But if they do go open source I just hope it isn't going to be VBA all over again.

Anonymous
2nd December 2007, 02:05 PM

Anonymous
2nd December 2007, 02:06 PM
Project Need

1-Need support a Kaillera!! The Kaillera its a BEST multy Player plugin!!! but have very much users!!!
4-Need Hack Rouble Pack support in Mario Kart, rs :)

Anonymous
2nd December 2007, 05:49 PM
;d >:( >:( >:( ;d

Anonymous
3rd December 2007, 05:04 AM
I saw your letter... good vibrations 2 u on your job! this project is a wonderful job! Congratulations!

Anonymous
3rd December 2007, 09:27 AM
To MonkBoy:

That great! You are so smart to tell about Gameboy games transfer to N64. We know games are Pokemon, Mario Golf and few more games. Keep going! ;)

Anonymous
3rd December 2007, 09:34 AM
sempre soube que isso não ia dar em nada :)

Anonymous
3rd December 2007, 11:04 AM
when is the pj64 1.7 comming out its all most bin a year :'(
sence it was releasted so pleas creaters give it to the publick
jest put add in the web sight to get money

love project 64 good work keep it up ;D

Anonymous
3rd December 2007, 04:43 PM
mayb christnas as a gift mayb
just gueessing

Anonymous
4th December 2007, 05:27 AM
To MonkBoy: if u want Kaillera in pj64 go n get for "Project64k" here:
http://pj64k.emulation64.com/

u get pj64 with Kaillera client. only bad thing is that v1.4 (aka audio fix edition) is used instead of recent v1.6 n the inability 2 use new sound n graphix plugins in netplay

Anonymous
4th December 2007, 07:27 AM
Sorry guys, but Project64 1.7 is canceled. This is the end. :'(

Anonymous
4th December 2007, 02:52 PM
LOLLL ZiImar? I thought it was ZILMAR

Anonymous
4th December 2007, 02:56 PM
And by the way I think its retarded that anyone would pay "donate" for this emulator,for one they dont own nintendo rights so how can they charge for it, second of all theres a bunch of spanish websites with p64 1.7 up for download and you dont have to pay anything, this guy has been lacking with the updates so anyone who wants p64 for free just google it up and go to a spainish forum, you'll be sure to find one there

Anonymous
4th December 2007, 02:58 PM
spanish 8)

HatCat
4th December 2007, 05:32 PM
They are not affiliated with Nintendo. Even if they were charging for it, it would still have nothing to do with charging for something Nintendo made, so you lost me.

Yes, that second part would be a very good reason not to donate. The Project64 team is only offering access to experimental beta versions that seem to sometimes be slightly considered as whole new (public) releases in value; if you want to educate yourself with some cracks, go ahead. And as for the non-experiental improvements, which do number many it seems, well, you don't have to be here asking that question. You could go to the sites of the many other software projects that were cracked and leaked, if you haven't already.

Anonymous
5th December 2007, 01:03 PM
Aside from what I said earlier, Project 64 is a great emulator, I suggest people to download 1.6 and not worry about 1.7 till its released to the public , the emulator has too many flaws and runs awful on older pcs

Anonymous
5th December 2007, 05:18 PM
Cadê o Project64 1.8 ???

Anonymous
6th December 2007, 02:44 AM
written by Júnior, December 06, 2007

Cadê o Project64 1.8 ???

ja era meu amigo. eles so fizeram propagando pra nada, agora largaram o projeto ai e tao dando atençao pra "coisas mais importantes" como nintendinho. --'

Anonymous
6th December 2007, 08:59 PM
hmm wen project64 2.0

Anonymous
7th December 2007, 02:07 PM
Ban all the brazialns IP please

Anonymous
7th December 2007, 03:19 PM
To: written by Go away brazilians, December 08, 2007

No, you need learn more. I not black people. I am white person. All are allow. We don't have any problems so far. People know rules: No spamming, No bad words, etc. Like regular website have rules.

I am good person, I never say bad words, spamming, etc to people. Nothing. I am nice person to website. No problems.

Anonymous
7th December 2007, 08:30 PM
I suppose an update is bound to happen soon; as he said they would probably be back by the end of december, i'll re-read the article though. I hope they make a flawless PJ 64 where every nintendo game ever made works perfectly.

Anonymous
8th December 2007, 08:22 AM
No, you need learn more. I not black people. I am white person. All are allow. We don't have any problems so far. People know rules: No spamming, No bad words, etc. Like regular website have rules.

I am good person, I never say bad words, spamming, etc to people. Nothing. I am nice person to website. No problems.

U are right ;) ;)

Anonymous
8th December 2007, 10:36 AM
hee quem è brasileiro?! sou portuguesa.. de frança..

ShadowFX
8th December 2007, 01:15 PM
moonraker808,

I recommend having a real N64 console standing by incase PJ64 won't become the perfect emulator you want it to be. Really.

HatCat
8th December 2007, 05:08 PM
To publicly promote a freeware emulator to that level towards a defined perfection would be a clear implication of piracy, in my opinion.

Aside from what I said earlier, Project 64 is a great emulator, I suggest people to download 1.6 and not worry about 1.7 till its released to the public , the emulator has too many flaws and runs awful on older pcs

1. b1-c3 g8-f6
2. e2-e4 b8-c6
3. f1-c4 f6-e4
4. c4-f7 e8-f7
5. c3-e4 d7-d5

Oops.

6. e4-g5 f7-g8
7. d1-f3 c6-e5
8. f3-f4 h7-h6
9. f4-e5 h6-g5
10. e5-g5 d8-d6
11. g1-f3 e7-e6

DAMMIT

Well, don't they all meet those comments, except the version numbers.

Also, what the hell is it with that space and THEN a comma.

Anonymous
9th December 2007, 07:16 AM
men there has been a 4 months waiting for the release of project64 1.7
or other betas
at least they could work in the donations page
------------>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Anonymous
9th December 2007, 11:29 AM
written by Mariina:, December 08, 2007

hee quem è brasileiro?! sou portuguesa.. de frança..

Eu. Ms perco meu tempo aqui, esse emulador nunca será perfeito. Project64 1.7? Isso já virou lenda.

Anonymous
9th December 2007, 12:14 PM
Eu sou Brasileito! ;)

Anonymous
9th December 2007, 12:21 PM
Hello people, help te projet!!

Anonymous
9th December 2007, 12:27 PM
I have 2 Nintendo 64 consoles at my home. I wait until new Project 64 emulator come out around in 2008. I can't sell my Nintendo 64 consoles and games. I don't play on NES and Super Nintendo anymore. NES and Super Nintendo Emulators are 99% - 100% working on most of games! I put NES and Super Nintendo up in plastic box to save in the future. When I get marry to my wife and going have baby. Let baby grow up, and I will give my old NES and Super Nintendo to baby and let play old games. I wait until Project 64 emulator allow work most on all games like 99% to 100% We can get relax. ;)

I have NES, 2 SNES, 2 N64, 2 GameCube, Wii, Gameboy Advance, GBA SP, GB Color, Nintendo DS(Gray) not Lite. I keep collection all consoles what I have so far. :) Peace!!

Anonymous
9th December 2007, 12:55 PM
Why do you post chess parties here, Iconoclast? I think nobody pays them attention, nobody analyzes them. They are completely unrelated to PJ64, so it resembles spamming. It also leaves an impression like this website is dead or abandoned, which is not the case.
P.S. Are you a native English speaker? Somehow I have difficulties understanding some of your phrases.

Anonymous
9th December 2007, 12:59 PM
I mean games of chess... Sorry for the russism (I guess "chess parties" is wrong). :-*

HatCat
9th December 2007, 05:38 PM
You think there's anything left here? zilmar's busy, Jabo's preoccupied, Smiff's away, Dan finished discussing, and now all that's left is either spamming or (valid) complaints. I continue spamming myself to...make the most out of things. :P Who knows, maybe someone really is bored at the moment and wants to take the time to self-educate. As for my arguing, that would be me educating myself, I think, although I feel as a beta member it wouldn't hurt to try to defend for the reason I don't know. By the way, I used to hate respect, I forget why. I am so lost right now, where did that keyboard go, THERE we go!

Now you are singling out me as a spammer. If I was the only one who ever spammed in this thread...yeah, I would feel sorry.

"Russism?" Don't the Russians, like, dominate chess today? Or at least until Fischer. Yes, I can speak English. (Brazilian posting continues.)

If you, for one, want to read the other ideas left for posting the rest of the way, I'll stop without hesitation. Hm, optimists, I don't like 'em....

Anonymous
9th December 2007, 10:09 PM
So you're actually Brazilian, aren't you? I ask this because I'd like to determine whether I'm too stupid to understand some of your phrases or they're inaccurate just because of you being not a native speaker.
I'm Russian. Russism is an error when you try to structure a phrase as if it was Russian language or use Russian word-combinations that are uncommon in genuine English. For instance Russism is when a Russian says "history of disease" instead of "case history" or "main hero" instead of "main character". Or when I said "chess parties" instead of "games of chess". These are 3 examples of Russism. ;D

HatCat
10th December 2007, 12:55 PM
No, at least not that I know of hehe. I have some Russian in me. I am not sure to what extent; a Russian of Jewish blood I know. Still, a lot of chess masters are Russians, probably more than anything else. I consider myself just an apprentice, for the record, for I still make many great mistakes to the unscholarly rival who trains through the way of the book reader. I prefer studying machine play, actually a fair bit of social study involved between them.

I figured it might have been that; I am not all-around good at "English". Terrible voice of presentation, but untroubled by pronunciation. My fluency (at) the fundamentals of the English language are perhaps derived from the heart of a disabled madman. It is not unusual for me to see someone questioning my language, in real life it's very rarely happened. Most of the time, I actually do not expect it.

Now, the Americans here (where I live) generally are not the same from what I see. You seem rather capable of fine grammar, actually. A good deal of people (more teachers than students) around me pronounce the word "nuclear" as nook-yu-ler instead of the CLEARLY correct "nook-lee-er". And a few days ago, I see an entire English class and students, how is it pronounced now, I keep hearing President Bush say it and losing the correct way. Nook-lee-er? Sheepisly-perversified voice, no, nook-you-ler, no one protests. Yet the teacher gracelessly attacks signs of 'duh'-ishness. America is the land of the stupid people. Very powerful stupid people. I see clear notice that I am (have been) rather retarded as well, but, if anyone hates me for that, you would be driven up a wall witnessing more than just silly pronounciation assumptions.

Anonymous
10th December 2007, 06:23 PM
Thanks for your hard work!

Anonymous
11th December 2007, 04:59 AM
written by Go away brazilians, December 08, 2007

And BAN you too. Stupid racist.

Anonymous
13th December 2007, 02:12 AM
Guys, thanks a lot for all your hard work on Project64, it´s the best N64 emulator all around.
I wish you all - Zilmar, Jabo and all team - a merry christmas and a new year full of success and fun!

Thank you again for everything, and please don't ban the brazilians IPs (as said in the last post). :-)

Anonymous
14th December 2007, 04:49 AM
I'm from Brazil And I think the Project64 the best emulator of N64 in the world, but I wanted you to finish the new version The faster possible, please, Merry christmas...

Anonymous
14th December 2007, 06:19 PM
project64 SceneAccess

Anonymous
15th December 2007, 12:26 AM
Great Work Guys, Keep it up

Anonymous
15th December 2007, 06:54 AM
I tried PJ64 1.6 and 1.7 on my daddy's Vista computer.
The 1.6 is by far the best if you want to play N64 games on Vista.

HatCat
15th December 2007, 11:18 AM
No, you're supposed to hook up your N64 on top of your Vista installation CD....

Me I do it for testing for other Vista users but it seems some builds of 1.7 have some core issues fixed on Vista not on 1.6, might be some vice versas I'm not aware of. Feel free to share them.

Anonymous
15th December 2007, 01:53 PM
FACT: brazilians ruined MUGEN and several MMOs
dont let them ruin this

Anonymous
15th December 2007, 09:25 PM
Keep chuggin along guys, I'm looking forward to 1.7

Anonymous
16th December 2007, 12:36 AM
its goin to be calld 2.0

Anonymous
17th December 2007, 04:46 AM
Hi, this Project64 1.7 is never released, too bad for idiots await for this. Uhul!