PDA

View Full Version : Any chance we can get a decent FAQ?

CA5
28th April 2009, 09:23 PM
I was just thinking, loads of people here lately have asked about a better plugin for Paper Mario, etc etc. The questions are mostly the same over and over, so would it be a good idea to write a fairly detailed FAQ and get it stickied or something?

I know the questions can be answered easily, and without consuming too much time, but maybe it would be a decent idea?

I dunno, just wondering. That usually gets me into trouble, so I'm actually scared now.

~ Zach.

magmarock64
28th April 2009, 10:11 PM
I was just thinking, loads of people here lately have asked about a better plugin for Paper Mario, etc etc. The questions are mostly the same over and over, so would it be a good idea to write a fairly detailed FAQ and get it stickied or something?

I know the questions can be answered easily, and without consuming too much time, but maybe it would be a decent idea?

I dunno, just wondering. That usually gets me into trouble, so I'm actually scared now.

~ Zach.

That's a grate idea I could probably ad to it? I've noticed some plugins are better for somethings then others eg plugin A will do better frame buffer effects and plugin B will do better textures. But what are you scared of?:eek:

CA5
29th April 2009, 03:49 PM
This would nost likely be done better as a team. Me, myself, am quite useless with PJ, but I could dig up links etc. The real brains here could add to the FAQ - that's if we even do one, just an idea.

HatCat
30th April 2009, 02:24 AM
A lot of the threads started here I am losing time for can be solved actually by the user manual and GameFAQ that can be accessed from the Help menu.

If you want a different idea I actually did write my own kinda FAQ. Currently hosted here http://bmgcl.emuxhaven.net/downloads.htm

Honestly I like that no rules threads or stickies are spamming the forums with eccentricities of the average forum admin. I kinda like this board for the anarchy kinda style. Still, I have my own actions and consequences to live...and I am gradually getting more pressured to log on here to keep up-to-date on the new threads.

CA5
30th April 2009, 04:39 PM
Honestly I like that no rules threads or stickies are spamming the forums with eccentricities of the average forum admin. I kinda like this board for the anarchy kinda style. Still, I have my own actions and consequences to live...and I am gradually getting more pressured to log on here to keep up-to-date on the new threads.

Hm, well you know me and my viewpoint ;)

But aye, I see your point. To be fair, solving the issues isn't any real hassle, I was just thinking an FAQ would be a cool thing to do (the one you linked was nice, btw). I suppose I thought the boards were being 'clogged up' by the same questions too much :)

HatCat
1st May 2009, 12:04 AM
I was going to say the same...I don't want to think of it that way though. I just feel as the end to a school's term comes by you know things can get tense every time...and I'm losing time for people who read even less than I do here. Then again Karma

I do want to make sure everyone gets help where I have any info; it's just I really lose time. If anything, give every thread author a spin on that one's personality if having nothing else, but I guess I try to entertain people too much?