PDA

View Full Version : Working on the site

zilmar
30th July 2008, 10:00 PM
I do all my web development work offline (on my laptop). At the moment I am doing some upgrades to the site. At some point I will sync those up and you will see (or not see them) then. I want to do this round of working on the site, so I do not have to touch the site for another 12 months (excluding updating content). I have talked to Jabo about some of the improvements I want to make, but I was curious about what other people thought I could do to improve the site?

Anonymous
I think the new look of the site since 1.7 looks great as it is and I would rather see more updates to project 64, but also there's no use working on it now if you would rather update the site first, you have to do whatever interests you at the moment.

Anonymous
plzzz help it goes to the screen thing but there is nothing there!! :'( :'( :'( :'(

HatCat
Um something along those lines. :D

Sure it's just the information that counts, but the organization is necessary albeit not frequently used nonetheless. :) But in my perspective when I think about things like merely just there being categories for news and release dates and file size approximations for the public versions of Project64 I think: detail (and useful, not just necessary). And outside of detail I just don't have any ideas.

Anonymous
How about a new fucking build you lazy f***!

Breadwinka
wow there come down there zilmar and jabo dont have to work on anything im just glad they are doing when they do people like you should get a life. Like honestly attacking people about what they do in there spare time is not cool.

mudlord
30th July 2008, 11:24 PM
How about a new f**king build you lazy f***!

I agree Andrew. Quite immature.....

Not to mention plain rude. God, it makes me wonder if people have a soul and all they care about is warez...

Anonymous
31st July 2008, 12:21 AM
I would like to see you guys working on pj 1.7 ;D
What about an option "autoselect the right settings" e.g. enable "force alphablending" when needed and so on!

Gent
31st July 2008, 01:01 AM
Thats hardly anything to do with this thread aenemy.

This kind of question is better suited to the members forum and requests section :)

Anonymous
31st July 2008, 02:59 AM
I'll start saving up to put some money into my pre-paid debit card so I can donate. Will you save me a spot?

Also, is this membership for life? Would I get updates of every Project 64 from then on?

Many thanks and keep up with the great work!

Breadwinka
31st July 2008, 09:41 AM
Yes i donated awhile back so you will always be a member as long as they have it.

Anonymous
31st July 2008, 06:31 PM
As far as the site, the blog information is really neat, but I would like to see it organized a little better. One suggestion is to have the "category" page simply list the titles of articles, with a further click possibly expanding the article or taking you to a page with a full view. That I think would make the site a bit easier to navigate.

And of course, although I know I'm going against popular opinion, I've always felt that the menu should be on the left, even though most blog pages have the menu on the right. ^_^

Anonymous
31st July 2008, 07:21 PM
Personnly I would'nt bother about the website at the moment. It is adequet. I would just consentrate on getting project64 1.7 released, then work on the website.

Anonymous
31st July 2008, 07:57 PM
i have a pretty unrelated question, but i need help. on some of the roms i play on pj64 my computer will freeze for a few seconds then unfreeze but pj64 has no picture just sound when it comes back .is this just bad roms or somthing,or is it fixable? thnx

Xack
31st July 2008, 09:01 PM
I say let Zilmar do what he want with the site. If he finds it adequate to be working on the site (which does look to be needing a little work) let him work on the site. It's great to hear from you guys again. I was thinking the project was dead. With what we have so far with the betas, I believe 1.7 will be complete soon. Great job thus far. Keep it up. ;D

HatCat
31st July 2008, 09:13 PM
He could also be improving communications technology...whatever be it the site's waited longer than the project is what I think.

Anonymous
31st July 2008, 11:30 PM
It's about time there was some exciting news ine world of emulation. Its been pretty dead, I'm avid fan of emulation. We need something gr8 like project64 1.7 being erelease perk up the emulation scene abit.

Anonymous
1st August 2008, 06:01 PM
I Love your Emulator. I am finding it rather time consuming exploring for more graphic plugins that accually work. The default plugins are great, clean, and fast, if only short on options. I used to have several video plugins i enjoyed tinkering with, however, i suffered a major reformat and lost 'em. Are there more plugins created by the pro's like zilmer and Jabo? If so, is there a page for plugins of trial and quality?

Anonymous
2nd August 2008, 11:57 PM
Menus in red, background in dark blue, containers in royal blue, on-mouse over links and element in orange and/or have a glass, crystal effect. I see the whole website in my head and it looks cool :). Letters can be in orange, white or light blue. It's just some suggestions to guide you in a total revamp of the website. If you want some other textures I would see rocks around containers colored in blue. A detailed banner made in Photoshop that shows the personality of your Project64 logo under another angle. And as this is a website promoting a N64 emulator, you could add elements to the N64 world : Mario, Link, Donkey Kong, etc mixed through the background. If you want a title to your "PJ64 Menu" you could use the app's icon or your current logo above and make it smaller as a title. Finally, this is how I would a second life to the website. I may not have said everything but this should help you a lot for your website. It will give the website his uniqueness. Don't forget that you could add your own personality at the website. In my opinion, a good website is something that is organized and fits well into its concept (I mean how the menus are organized, you get it) and something that you must like, too. I will be very honest with the current white and blue website. It makes me think too much about forums websites, typical blogs. The design is ok but if the design has to change, I would see something different than this design. I know you guys are pros in what you like to do. I am sure that you will not disappoint us ;). Good luck in the website's design.

Anonymous
3rd August 2008, 12:05 PM
I hope to see a new version of project 64 soon :D

Anonymous
4th August 2008, 02:58 PM
how a bout smf powered forums

Anonymous
5th August 2008, 07:31 PM
A powerbulletin forum and links to plugins.

Anonymous
5th August 2008, 09:40 PM
hey i dont know if u guys kno butmudlord realesed rices vdeo plugin beta 10 aowing uto play with lightings and textures even alowing u to edit them to make ur own u should add some thing like a project of editing a game or something ;) ;)

Anonymous
6th August 2008, 09:11 PM
noticed a difference on the website ;D

Anonymous
6th August 2008, 09:14 PM
Glide64 is better than rice video. :-* :-*

Anonymous
7th August 2008, 01:08 AM
Maybe you should put some Google Ads on the site to generate some more money.

chefkoch
7th August 2008, 08:24 AM
Hey, great to get some news, even if those are no PJ64 related.

Also noticed that the 'new' menu bar on top. Looks good, but did there is a real minor issue, i have using firefox 3.1
When the submenu is displayed the bluebar on the left looks ok, but the background on the right is partly in gray and white.

Also some small GoogleAdds wouldn't suck imo ;)

Thx for your efforts and keep up ya work

chefkoch
7th August 2008, 08:37 AM
Found yet another thing ;)

What about using Mantis for as a replacement for your todo lists and changelogs?

It has features to show solved issues on a special changelog page and open tasks on a Raodmap page. Then you also can assign issues/bugs/features to a certain release version.

BTW: You also could replace the Mantis logo on top with PJ64 logo and the remove the email link on the bottom "webmaster@example.com" :)

Anonymous
7th August 2008, 06:59 PM
Make the navigation bar at the top have a nice pretty gradient.

And make a footer at the bottom.

Other than that, it's already perfect. :)

mudlord
8th August 2008, 01:31 AM
We do use Mantis ;)

Anonymous
8th August 2008, 02:18 AM
thanks for making the best n64 emulator! maybe you somme day make one version for linux? that wold be awessome if you make one. annyway, thanks for spend your time to make the best emulator! :)
(bad english? sorry, i live in portugal)

Anonymous
8th August 2008, 11:45 AM
Who is working on this, again? Jabo, Zilmar, who else? Either way, very nice to have an update.

Anonymous
8th August 2008, 11:56 AM
nitendo 64

Anonymous
9th August 2008, 04:00 PM
Looks great! ;) ;)

Anonymous
10th August 2008, 01:31 AM
Sync Conker's Bad Fur Day with the sound

Melchior
16th August 2008, 12:34 PM
Looking good so far.. I see you fixed that Cookie login issue... I think.
Long live PJ64!!

Anonymous
17th August 2008, 09:13 AM
I don't really have any suggestions.. but i just want to say thanks for making such a great emulator. ;)

Anonymous
18th August 2008, 12:00 PM
how do u play on this site plzzzzzzzzzz reply back

squall_leonhart
19th August 2008, 04:41 PM
Zach, what the hell are you talking about?

squall_leonhart
19th August 2008, 04:42 PM
Linux users, go away now, PJ64 is never coming to linux.

Anonymous
22nd August 2008, 08:39 AM
forums would be nice

Anonymous
24th August 2008, 07:58 PM
I prefer Windows XP than Mac and Linux. :)

Anonymous
25th August 2008, 04:25 PM
Don't update the site! Update the emulator :) I really see the potential in version 1.7 but there are a lot of bugs still! Keep up the good work! Love ya ;)

Anonymous
29th August 2008, 07:48 PM
Hi. What is the most recent update regarding the project? Will it be out before July 09?

It is a really nice project and I much appreciate all the time and effort you have put into it.
A macintosh build would be nice, however I also have a PC so it doesn't matter. I would be able to convert the source into objective-c [mac os x's proprietary-like programming language], however I doubt it'd be quick.

HatCat
30th August 2008, 09:07 AM
Jmackson the chain of life business cut off direct work on the emulator for quite a while...a year's worth of time for a few.

After we see what happens to the site development resumes.

Anonymous
30th August 2008, 07:43 PM
It's sad to see what started as a hobby turned into a subscription.

Anonymous
2nd September 2008, 03:55 PM
hiia vickitopp

Anonymous
3rd September 2008, 05:32 AM
I actually think your site is pretty well designed. I wouldn't worry too much about updating it. I've done my own web design and find that my website is never exactly what I wanted it to be, but as long as others are happy I'm happy. Maybe that train of thought could help you too.

Anonymous
4th September 2008, 11:19 PM
I can't your GBA emulator to work

Melchior
5th September 2008, 12:17 PM
Glad to see you fixed the website up :) :)

Anonymous
11th September 2008, 10:26 PM
I hate the game it sucks >:( >:( >:( :'( :'( :'( :'(

squall_leonhart
12th September 2008, 11:07 PM
All you haters, f*** off. Anyone here posting about ports, f*** off. Anyone here talking about other emulators f*** off(to their site)

Tarig
8th May 2009, 08:22 PM
I can't seem to be able to acsess the site in a timly manner (5 minutes). Either one of your updates are seriously messing up my connection to your site or you guys have a virus. I understand if you can't fix this quikly just giving a heads up

in the mean time I patiently wait for my page to load...

thanks for the great emulator I was happy with 1.6 but I welcome the 1.7 emulator

MES Seele
9th May 2009, 08:48 AM
Tarig is not the only one. The last week or so I have found that navigating anywhere on the main site is taking far longer than usual to load (5-8 minutes as opposed to the near instantaneous load times on the forum or outside pages).

I have experienced the same difficulty using firefox, explorer, and whatever the wii's browser is (using 2 computers and...well the wii).

I just donated a couple days ago and am anxiously awaiting the site-fix, or download page, which ever comes first :p

Edit: Nevermind, apparently it fixed itself (only an hour or so after i posted this too...)

Moohaumed
31st July 2009, 04:26 AM
I would like to be able to delete my posts

HatCat
31st July 2009, 10:20 PM
I would like to be able to delete my posts

should be an Edit button at bottom-right of post when you click where it has a "Delete" button while editing it at the bottom options

squall_leonhart
1st August 2009, 09:31 AM
there is. :P

Project640000
16th August 2009, 01:08 AM
Hey Zilmer, I Was wondering... could I be in your project64 Team? Please let me Join!! I Got a Question, how do you make all these Nintendo emulators? Do you use Notepad on your PC? Send me a message Back Please!

nogfree
20th July 2010, 04:36 PM
blah blah blah. next versions of emulator please!:mad:

nogfree
20th July 2010, 04:40 PM
and make it fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!http://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/merchandiser/31347.jpg

Experiment #150
20th July 2010, 09:16 PM
Nogfree: Jawohl oberste Führer der Menschheit. Stop throwing that picture around, it is very annoying :S Not to mention, if you want perfect 64 games, go buy a '64, otherwise, SHUT THE CRAP (or yourself, same difference) UP AND WAIT PATIENTLY, 1.6 IS JUST FINE. sheesh. Vielen Dank und auf Wiedersehen.

HatCat
20th July 2010, 10:07 PM
SHUT UP AND WAIT PATIENTLY.

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/9994/answerisno.jpg

heh sorry jk :/

Experiment #150
20th July 2010, 11:29 PM
nice XD :p:p:p

HatCat
21st July 2010, 12:08 AM
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j112/rswedlo/gif/Bowser.gif

31st March 2011, 05:13 AM
Asshole,

TAKE THAT SHIT SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Natch
31st March 2011, 04:02 PM
Are you okay? This thread's been dead for nigh a year.