PDA

View Full Version : Using xbox 360 controller on Project64 with Mac

bobsaget
10th May 2009, 07:07 AM
Ok, well I managed to get project64 working perfectly on my mac using crossover. The only problem I am having right now is getting project64 to pick up my xbox 360 controller. I have already installed a driver for the 360 controller and it confirms that the controller is plugged in fine and working, yet it still does not show up on my list in configuration.
If anyone has managed to get this working for there xbox 360 controller (or any controller for that matter) it would be of great help if you told me how you did it.
Thanks in advance.

punksnotdead
13th May 2010, 08:08 PM
Yeah I am having the exact same problem. I actually downloaded the 30 day trial of cross over and my Logitech Dual was working fine. Then I did the full version, and the PJ64 works amazingly well, but it won't recognize my controller. I did some research and it looks like I need to add my logitech to the bottle that the PJ64 is in, but cross over recommends that you don't do that. I am going to try that when I get home, and see if anything works.

Its really frustrating because the thing looks better than a 64 ever did, but I am not going to play it with the keyboard. I would like to avoid buying a new controller if I can because money is tight right now and I have a perfectly good controller that works with both my SNES and Genesis Emulators. I am a huge WWF No Mercy fan so I want to get this thing working so I can start playing around with the mods/hacks.

I will let you know if that works. I am pretty sure it has to do with the fact that PJ64 was converted from a Windows OS and we have a Mac. So the controller thinks its on Mac settings but needs to be calibrated to work for a Windows program to work on Cross Over? IDK, its all sort of foreign to me but I am trying to figure it out with what I have found.

squall_leonhart
14th May 2010, 04:59 AM
You are using Projec64 outside of the min supported environment, ie one that has not been tested by the developers, so support is limited.