PDA

View Full Version : Project64 on Patreon

zilmar
16th March 2017, 12:11 AM
I have had different people suggest I should be using Patreon, so I decided to check it out and see how it goes.

http://www.patreon.com/Project64

This might be a good way to allow better feedback and direct more what I work on.

What do you think? Anything I should do differently?

Thanks in advance!

Melchior
16th March 2017, 01:20 AM
Cool :D I have a Patreon account I currently donate $10 a month the Kode54 for his Foobar2000 plugins :D

Maybe I will add yours to my donation list come beginning of April. ;)

Anyway for now I have bookmarked it :D

theboy181
16th March 2017, 01:50 AM
I think your site needs to address the issues that PJ already has. Where is a road map?

64bit?
Updated zilmar spec?
Netplay?
Debugger?
Cheat engine?
Accuracy?
Timing?
ect. ..

Melchior
1st April 2017, 12:25 AM
ok done, I've added a $20 Patreon Patronage to PJ64. :D

supersaiyangoku3000
5th April 2017, 03:17 AM
how come games like the factor 5 games and bomberman 64 and bomberman hero and mischief makers still don't work? when factor 5 games now work for the dolphin emulator?

Minion
7th April 2017, 03:05 AM
Just found this post about the Patreon and I'm now donating a very generous $1 every month.

Don't know squat about coding, ect. I'll just jump on the bandwagon of what theboy181 is saying.

Darren
13th April 2017, 10:04 AM
I keep checking back now and then, but tho you guys have done a great job with the emulator, updates itself seem none existent.

I think last time i re downloaded PJ64 the program itself had slight changes but that was only to put a block on the program, if i remember correctly it was something relating to a delay using it unless you paid.

The emulator itself the "core" doesnt seem to have changed, games play the same as they did many years ago, games that wouldnt play havent had any updates to the plugins to try emulate it.

I know as new systems come out people work towards them, but when you get the likes of Dolphin that plays GC games decently and Wii U.

It makes me wonder why people dont work on older systems anymore given that hardware has come along way since so new things could be done to improve the emulator.

PCSXe is another, I find if plugins could be recoded to take advantage of todays hardware we could see improvements.

One thing i dont get with PJ64 is using the default plugin I cant play when casting it to my tv, yet using glide plugin it works great, jabo the frame rate drops heavily.

RPGMaster
13th April 2017, 04:30 PM
I keep checking back now and then, but tho you guys have done a great job with the emulator, updates itself seem none existent.

The emulator itself the "core" doesnt seem to have changed, games play the same as they did many years ago, games that wouldnt play havent had any updates to the plugins to try emulate it.A lot has improved in the past few years. Game compatibility has improved and so has the performance. Even audio improved for some games at least. I wouldn't even consider going back to older versions of Project 64, for normal gameplay.

zilmar
14th April 2017, 06:45 AM

Maybe more can be done to improve news and changes. This site needs to be redone, but I have been focused on improving things in the code over the site.

I think last time i re downloaded PJ64 the program itself had slight changes but that was only to put a block on the program, if i remember correctly it was something relating to a delay using it unless you paid.

The emulator itself the "core" doesnt seem to have changed, games play the same as they did many years ago, games that wouldnt play havent had any updates to the plugins to try emulate it.

https://github.com/project64/project64/graphs/contributors

you can see there that there has been a lot of work done in the last two years.

A lot of work has also been done to make sure things still work similar and work well.

What would you like to see or how would you know things are different the way you want?

I know as new systems come out people work towards them, but when you get the likes of Dolphin that plays GC games decently and Wii U.

It makes me wonder why people dont work on older systems anymore given that hardware has come along way since so new things could be done to improve the emulator.

PCSXe is another, I find if plugins could be recoded to take advantage of todays hardware we could see improvements.

New developers do tend to go to new systems, but I have been working a long time on Project64.

the_randomizer
15th April 2017, 03:30 PM
how come games like the factor 5 games and bomberman 64 and bomberman hero and mischief makers still don't work? when factor 5 games now work for the dolphin emulator?

You must be doing something wrong, with the right plugins those games can work just fine. And it's apples to oranges, Dolphin is Gamecube, it uses PPC, PJ64 is N64, that uses MIPS. Bad comparison is bad.

Darren
3rd May 2017, 03:35 PM
Maybe more can be done to improve news and changes. This site needs to be redone, but I have been focused on improving things in the code over the site.

https://github.com/project64/project64/graphs/contributors

you can see there that there has been a lot of work done in the last two years.

A lot of work has also been done to make sure things still work similar and work well.

What would you like to see or how would you know things are different the way you want?

New developers do tend to go to new systems, but I have been working a long time on Project64.

i think the emu does a good job but i will have to redownload it again because the last time i used it (end of last year) i found some games using the default plugin didnt work well when putting to my tv, yet glide worked well.

some games i found problems that prevented me from playing where as before it remember doing the game fine.

im sure others will say maybe support to make some games that arent really playable, like RE2, i think Turok 3 had issues and Indiana Jones.

other than that the emu is great

magmarock64
30th May 2017, 04:49 AM
There's a few emuation groups using patrion and I do think it's a better idea then adding a "pay to get rid of this nagg" in the latest version of PJ. No one wants to see that when things like Dolphin exist.

theboy181
15th June 2017, 06:46 AM
Here is a Video of the power of some of the work going into PJ64.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeQIJ6bvb58

Frank74
15th June 2017, 01:15 PM
Here is a Video of the power of some of the work going into PJ64.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeQIJ6bvb58

What did you set the Over Clock Modifier to? I see it can go up to 20.

theboy181
15th June 2017, 03:02 PM
Iirc that was set to x9

Con
1st July 2017, 10:05 AM
Hello Zilmar. I have donated to your cause.

Pledge $5 or more per month
$5 or more per month ∙ 7 patrons
Get access to exclusive news and additionally get access to all new builds of Project64 as changes are made.
YOUR CURRENT REWARD

I am open to donating more, I have been a fan of Project 64 for well over 10 years now.

What I would like to know is, how can I 'Get access to exclusive news and additionally get access to all new builds of Project64 as changes are made'? Since donating, it seems that that's all that has happened.

I am also curious as to what hardware and development tools you would need for this project.

By the way, I highly recommend Discord (https://discordapp.com/) to connect to your supporters.

Melchior
1st July 2017, 10:48 AM
Hello Zilmar. I have donated to your cause.

I am open to donating more, I have been a fan of Project 64 for well over 10 years now.

What I would like to know is, how can I 'Get access to exclusive news and additionally get access to all new builds of Project64 as changes are made'? Since donating, it seems that that's all that has happened.

I am also curious as to what hardware and development tools you would need for this project.

By the way, I highly recommend Discord (https://discordapp.com/) to connect to your supporters.
He is in the progress of setting up a build server... in between the work he is doing on PJ64 and the forum overhaul.. lol.. ehh yeah..

"development tools"
he was using "Microsoft Visual Studios 2008" but now he is either using 2010 or 2015 to build PJ64...

we already have a discord channel, its by invite only.. lol helps keep out the SPAMMERS etc... theboy181 created it... for us...

theboy181
1st July 2017, 04:45 PM
I'm open to more active interested people on our discord server, and if you are a supporter of any N64 emulation in the way of Patreon, Development, and positive attitude you are more than welcome to PM me for an invite..

Con
2nd July 2017, 09:42 AM
He is in the progress of setting up a build server... in between the work he is doing on PJ64 and the forum overhaul.. lol.. ehh yeah..

"development tools"
he was using "Microsoft Visual Studios 2008" but now he is either using 2010 or 2015 to build PJ64...

we already have a discord channel, its by invite only.. lol helps keep out the SPAMMERS etc... theboy181 created it... for us...

That's awesome. Where would I have access to the exclusive news and builds though?

I'm open to more active interested people on our discord server, and if you are a supporter of any N64 emulation in the way of Patreon, Development, and positive attitude you are more than welcome to PM me for an invite..

All right, sounds good. I've sent you a PM.

Melchior
2nd July 2017, 10:07 AM
That's awesome. Where would I have access to the exclusive news and builds though?

news.... go to Git hub and follow the commit log activity for now lol ;)
https://github.com/project64/project64/commits/master

the build were coming through to the forums:
Project64 Forums > Beta Version >>
SUB-FORUM = "Reload this Page Project 64 - v2.x - Alpha testing "

your need Alpha Tester Status.. you will need to PM Zilmar,
with your full name and confirmation ID or something form PayPal for your donation transaction.. or if you are doing Patreon... your real name or something... lol...

but then again there hasn't been any new build bot builds her since:
"v2.4.0-227-gdc4e4cd "(6th May 2017 09:31 PM)

so idk... he is supposed to be working on a new build bot page... just not sure it will be done...