PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Project 64

JoKe
12th May 2009, 06:29 PM
Hi guys!

I'm from Germany, so please excuse the mistakes I may make... but you're my last hope for help.

I'm using Project 64 for a time now and I'm playing "Conkers bad fur day". At the beginning it worked perfect but since a few days "Conker" crashes every minute. I tried some other ROMs from "Conker" but I had the same problems with them.

Following problems happend:
"Conker" freezed or Project64 crashes with this message: "Project 64 does'nt work anymore. The program was closed because a problem appeared."

Then I tried another game: "Banjo Kazooie"... and I played it 1 hour and nothing happend.

This is my System:

Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate x64
Service Pack 1
DirectX 10.0

QuadCore AMD Phenom 9600, 2300 MHz (11.5 x 200)
4096 MB RAM
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 3800 Series (512 MB)

I hope you understand my problem and you can help me, because Conker is a great game and I want to play the end!

HatCat
13th May 2009, 01:03 AM
Does the error offer a report for more information?

Since you're using Vista, what do you think of 1964?
http://1964emu.emulation64.com

Vista support is more noticed a problem in an emulator, so the right answer for you as of yet is probably complex.

JoKe
13th May 2009, 03:16 PM
Thank you for your answer!

And no, he doesn't offer more information. He says: "We will inform you, if there is a solution for your problem" It's a typical Windows-message. Here is a picture of it but I think it wont help you much, because it is in German:

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/JoKe_smile/Message2.jpg

I'll try 1964... and you think that Vista is the problem? Or that it's a x64 Bit version?

HatCat
14th May 2009, 02:54 AM
Vista is known to have side effects in some emulation, but this is just from experience. There are other issues related to this one.

In general, Vista's earliest releases had significant enough changes to cause problems with binaries, but an actual 64-bit OS version isn't supported by Project64.