PDA

View Full Version : Project64 Settings

zilmar
17th September 2008, 01:57 AM
I am redoing all the internals and the UI around settings. One thing I think should be dropped is the shell integration. Unless I am wrong and please tell me if I am this is a feature that is basically never used? What do people think about the simple/advanced settings .. Any new settings people would like? Suggestions on layout, etc .. if you have any thoughts this is the best time to give a suggestion since I am working on it.
Some of the things planned:

When updating some configuration for a game, it will update the cfg file instead of the rdb. That way I can always often a reset back to original settings.
Being able to set plugins for individual
Removal of shell integration
Change the settings configuration UI to a tree list of pages instead of a tab list as it currently is (to be able to offer more pages and better organized) current version is running out of space.
Bold the setting that have been changed so you can easily see what is different.

Hopefully I will be able to achieve what is above, but happy to hear any other suggestions.

Anonymous
Yeah the shell intergration is unused at least to me. it would be pretty neat if you could have the boxart for the roms in the romslist. yay 1st comment!

Anonymous
also the settings that your changing are awesome! hope your kid is doing well ;)

Anonymous
btw will the next Project64 emulator be released to the public, or releasing the beta downloads to the public?

Breadwinka
this for now we will assume its for project 64 beta and to let you know 1.7 is far more unstable then 1.6.

Anonymous
oh, that kinda sucks if you mean u need to donate for his next build. i would if i could but i dont own a credit card and am only 15.

legend
Exciting to hear the new Zilmar!!! The only thing I would add is to suggest you simply/reduce the amount of settings that really don't ever need to be adjusted or do virtually nothing: SP Hack, Delay SI Interrupt,etc. The ini can always be adjusted worst case scenerio.
Also, ditch shell integration and whatever else you deem unneccessary. That way you won't need a toggle for advanced or not. You can just have something nice in the middle. I have no idea if most people use this toggle but I can't really image they do.

Tooltips would be nice but very time consuming. I think I would rather you dedicate your time elsewhere.;)

Don't forget to fix the recompiler issue with the beta & Beetle Racing if you can! :)

Anonymous
Wait new release for public user. :D

Anonymous
ok sweet ;D

Anonymous
17th September 2008, 01:58 AM
A hole new look would be nice, Vista stile mabe for 2008!

Anonymous
17th September 2008, 03:11 AM
Oh my God
Just learning that you are working on a new release brings joy. Thank you so much for your work in the emulation scene. This is the only N64 emulator worth trying. I just can't wait for it. You doing a great thing for all us and we all thank you for it. I hope your family is doing great. Don't blink for a second, that baby is going to grow up fast. I have two small boy and feels like they were born yesterday. Can't wait to play my favorite games with them.

Take care.

Anonymous
17th September 2008, 05:18 AM
I agree these emulators are great! but they usually use the same dull windows look. But I would just concetrate on compatibility of games. Also getting project 1.7 relesed to the public would be nice ;D

Anonymous
17th September 2008, 07:54 AM
Would a lack of shell intergration effect people using Project 64 with a front-end. I use Mamewah and run Project 64 with command lines. This is the only way in an Arcade Cabinet.

Anonymous
17th September 2008, 07:58 AM
Compatibility would be top of my list - games like Turok (seeing through walls when right up close, etc)
Next would be the clock in the corner like zsnes and maybe a fps display that makes sense! At the end of day, I just would like to be able to play most games perfectly and keep an eye on the time, before my wife busts me! Thanks for all your hard work thus far and pls long may it continue on the best N64 emu thus far! ps. post your paypal address and I will give a gift to your new baby son - Adam

Anonymous
17th September 2008, 10:44 AM
turok does that on a real nintendo 64 so its cant be fixed.

Anonymous
17th September 2008, 11:25 AM
I think the highest priority should be playability...focus on games with serious glitches (i.e. pokemon snap, etc) if you can make every game 100% playable, matched to the console, isnt that the ultimate goal of emulation?

mario64
17th September 2008, 12:01 PM
If you would approve my account upgrade I'd be glad to provide input on v1.7. I paid yesterday

Anonymous
17th September 2008, 12:46 PM
-I don't use the shell integration, doesn't always work too great on vista, I just associate the .n64 extension with pj64 using windows.
-hopefully we see some sort of update soon, I'm not sure which donation method you use now but I just got paypal and that's the only one I trust the security of. Since it's been around a year since the majority of people donated to get 1.7 beta, they shouldn't be too upset if you gave it to us now, at least give us the download, we don't need any of the extra support or anything that the donaters got but I would gladly do my best to contribute by reporting bugs.

Anonymous
17th September 2008, 02:23 PM
Wow....you are up off your lazy ass and actually doing some work? I am amazed!

Anonymous
17th September 2008, 04:07 PM
I know that does not have much to do with the topic of the news, but it would be wonderful a Project64 with support for 64-bit CPUs, huh?

mudlord
17th September 2008, 11:27 PM
Wow....you are up off your lazy ass and actually doing some work? I am amazed!

And I am amazed why you are such a troll. Where's the respect kids have these days????

Anonymous
18th September 2008, 05:26 PM
@andrew lackie

Get a better PC. I have yet to have 1.7 crash, and I've played through several games in their entirety... not to mention I'm on vista.

Syagrius
19th September 2008, 06:32 AM
If you like his work, donate and that's a fair trade. I did it and can enjoy all the betas coming up. So keep up the good work Zilmar!

I agree that the main goal should be to correct game compatibility, graphic glitches, core stability for every games.

Again, I want to express my thanks fo the great job you have done so far with Project 64 and hope you achieve a near perfect emulation of PJ64.

Also, my little girl is only 1 year and 4 months, and I can say that a baby grows fast! And how wondeful to be a father. You can't imagine what it is before being one. Finally, it does not prevent me from enjoying my hobbies as it probably won't prevent yours Zilmar.

Have a good day!

Syagrius

Anonymous
19th September 2008, 12:41 PM
Descarga o no esa mierda hijos de lagran puta caras de mi culo cuando recien acabo de cagar hijos de puta caras de verga

Breadwinka
19th September 2008, 06:36 PM
@xsx

dude i have a intel q6600 with 4 gigs of ram and 9800gt i think my comp is fine bud.

Anonymous
20th September 2008, 06:05 AM
xD ;D jajajaja no veo america kids si estoy diciendo que tengo project version diez y seis 16

Anonymous
22nd September 2008, 12:40 AM
nice, yeah get rid of shell integration, it's an unnescesary setting

Anonymous
22nd September 2008, 10:31 AM
An Audio Plugin that allows you to dump sounds would be nice.
Just like the Graphics Plugin that allows you to dump textures.

I know this isn't nesessarily an emulator thing, but if someone is reading this that is capable...

Anonymous
22nd September 2008, 01:44 PM
I don't know if it is even possible but a feature to freeze the current scene and dump 3D models as Collada (or some other format) would be the bomb. I'd love to import some of these beautiful low polygon models into Papervision.

Anonymous
23rd September 2008, 06:18 AM
Just wanted to say thanks for your continuing work on this project and congrats on the new family member! :)

Anonymous
23rd September 2008, 06:25 AM
Thanks for the updates, zilmar!

I never used shell integration, but I think the UI really needs some improvement... I used Mupen 64 once, and the GUI was very cool. Is a skin-changeable interface possible?
Anyway, compatbility first.
And good luck with the family! :D

Anonymous
24th September 2008, 06:12 AM
I suggest take a look at all the other emulators out there and their (settings) UI. Combine bits and pieces of what's good and leave out what isn't. Similar to Google's approach with Chrome- combining the best features of the competition. I think P64 already has one of the best UI's out there but of course, there's always room for improvement.

Anonymous
24th September 2008, 12:12 PM
huecos les voy a enviar un troyano >:(

Anonymous
24th September 2008, 02:09 PM
one major feature that would be nice is skins for project 64,
like different styles, then we could choose how pj looks.
anyway keep up the good work.

Kyled.

Anonymous
25th September 2008, 11:28 AM
Hi zilmar, can you make an option to change frame limit value , so we can play PAL games at 60 fps for exemple, thanks for the excellent emulateur.

Anonymous
25th September 2008, 03:05 PM
I think you should add a registry cleaner to Pj64 and maybe a newsreader.

Anonymous
25th September 2008, 05:02 PM
hey Zilmar could you post a comment so we can see what you think of our ideas? ;D

Anonymous
25th September 2008, 06:14 PM
quiero descargar pj 64

squall_leonhart
25th September 2008, 09:44 PM
Mobou, 1.7 will allow you to increase the fps, regardless this won't fix the lag on pal games. PRabbit, 1.7 uses vonfig files rather then registry. Skinning? no, useless, The rom browser's style is set. Skins add more points where errors can occur. Audio Dumping is asking for a world of copyright hurt. Beta's will not be released to the public. until atleast the majority of core crashes are solved. I doubt Zilmar would risk his rep by releasing anything that resembles a disaster

squall_leonhart
25th September 2008, 09:44 PM
UberPuberty, nothing anyone here suggested is new.

Anonymous
26th September 2008, 12:35 AM
@ Danial Horton
Shut the hell up and leave people alone!

squall_leonhart
26th September 2008, 07:04 AM
kyled, suck it up princess, if you don't like fact, don't post here.

Anonymous
26th September 2008, 11:28 AM
umm its UberPubert69 rere and ive only recently been a user of project64 and dont really check out the progress on it so be chill ok? we dont need trolling on the comments page. ;)

HatCat
26th September 2008, 11:52 AM
Violation of audio copyrights must not necessarily be through Jabo's sound plugin features. If anyone knowledgable enough to use a compressed audio format like MP3, upload an official soundtrack rip, or record it through external software can do it they don't need to upload large waveform files.

-he control in the current betas controls the emulated vertical interrupts per second speed--thus removing the specific emulation speed limiter--but not the internal framerate (FPS / frames per second), so PAL and N-SC framerate distortion is not yet supported.

As for skins I am all for facts, but we can respect opinions simultaneously. Any follower of skepticism may see this form of respect.

Anonymous
26th September 2008, 11:59 AM
You know what I think is important? Checking if all plugins are 'sane' and compatible when starting up PJ64, because some of them like to crash the program when it's even only opened...

Anyway, good to see there's still progress on my favorite N64 emulator. :)

HatCat
26th September 2008, 01:08 PM
Plugins like -R64 OGL and RCP D3D crashed -emu64 if they were installed because probably of bad plugin specs reading. -he 1.6 version of this emulator did not load Lemmy's plugin by contrast, but other than that I haven't witnessed such crashes (may crash if tested extensively). now as far as I've tested the current beta has no valid plugin support issues under the specs area

Smiff_
27th September 2008, 02:13 AM
shell integration is simply the feature that lets you double click a rom file in windows and have pj64 load it. this is mostly useless since most people compress their roms and it cant work inside .zip files etc.
don't worry - command line support is not being taken out, in fact that should have some extra options coming (I use GameEx and was looking at this, its already considerably better than 1.6 thanks to the aspect controls for example, but theres more to be done here).
zilmar - i had a huge list of these type of suggestions from years ago which i'll try to dig up or remember ! cheers. you know i can irritate you for hours with this kind of ui design stuff ;)

there are some other good suggestions but please keep to the topic, there'll be other places to discuss those things (or in the forum).

Smiff_
27th September 2008, 02:23 AM
Being able to set plugins for individual [games]
think you missed a word :p
and you mean plugin selection rather than plugin settings, i think? absolutely this is a feature users have been crying out for. we ran through ui designs before.. (being able to choose default plugins and per-rom, i think now i favour a drop down menu embedded in the rom browser - doable? or maybe just add to the right click menu and a field to display..)

i've ordered broadband here, coming in 1 week so hope to get on the admin side of this site again soon.
thanks.

Anonymous
29th September 2008, 06:17 AM
Just wanted to say , I wasn't even aware of shell integration.
I keep pj64 install on a separate hard drive, so when I format, I don't need to re-install it, and I keep all games setting. I think that PJ64 doesn't even need an installer, a regular zip is enough.
I hope will see soon a release, even a minor a one, because it's long time, the project hasn't be updated.

thommohawk13
29th September 2008, 08:11 AM
Three "extras" I think that would be good to implement certainly for the next public release and perhaps possibly for the next beta release would be the per rom settings, having rom icons in the browser appear as game icons (with the ability to alter size) and finally to possibly update the look of the GUI window just to make it look nicer or more modern (perhaps even have the ability to "reskin" it like we can with MAME) - just a few thoughts.

Anonymous
29th September 2008, 10:22 AM
Yes, the shell integration is not needed, I'd agree to the more portable solution.

A great piece of software, thank you!

Anonymous
29th September 2008, 02:45 PM
one feature you should think about adding is the ability to select the maximum and minimum FPS. because i need to have several programs open to not have 130 FPS going to making the emulator go crazy.

Anonymous
29th September 2008, 11:04 PM
whops, just forgot about the tranfer pack plug-in that already is around, then I guess it's not necessary to make it a default function...

whatever, no big deal, just focus on games compatibility and easyness-to-use and you would make me (and a lot of people out there) happy :D

squall_leonhart
30th September 2008, 01:41 AM
one feature you should think about adding is the ability to select the maximum and minimum FPS. because i need to have several programs open to not have 130 FPS going to making the emulator go crazy.

1.7 already allows you to increase/decrease the speed when limit fps is enabled.

squall_leonhart
30th September 2008, 01:42 AM
whops, just forgot about the tranfer pack plug-in that already is around, then I guess it's not necessary to make it a default function...
Yo are referring to nrage plugin right?

Anonymous
30th September 2008, 01:09 PM
Yo are referring to nrage plugin right?

Yes
Just forgot it because my PC never made it to work :P just recently I discovered it could :O (actually few seconds after i wrote the first comment :o) maybe because I never tried after formattind the HD ;D

mudlord
30th September 2008, 02:06 PM
An Audio Plugin that allows you to dump sounds would be nice.

Extremely unlikely to impossible to happen.

Anonymous
30th September 2008, 05:36 PM
i use the shell integration alot

Anonymous
1st October 2008, 05:32 AM
Oh, also, I love the feature on some emulators to be allowed to map controller buttons for quicksave/quickload!

Smiff_
1st October 2008, 07:31 PM
it'll still be possible load roms by double clicking files if you manually associate with application.. because the underlying command line support ("Project64.exe ROMPath&ROMfile") will be there. we are just hoping that page in settings can go?

how about putting rom file assocation in the installer (and then definately the uninstaller?)

do many people really double click roms to play them?

how about drag and drop onto the app? (would you use that?)

squall_leonhart
1st October 2008, 11:41 PM
I don't like installers for emulators. rather useless imo.

Smiff_
2nd October 2008, 06:26 AM
testing if this shows up on main page.

Smiff_
2nd October 2008, 01:35 PM
pretty sure the installer will be staying.. there were some good reasons which i forget.. many of our users are inexperienced and mess up extraction. they expect everything to add or remove like normal windows apps.
if we make the installer still openable with 7-zip that'd be the best of both.

Anonymous
2nd October 2008, 11:53 PM
I never double click roms to play them. I always use file then open to load my rom! Thanks for all the continued hard work dude!

Kreationz
4th October 2008, 06:50 PM
it'll still be possible load roms by double clicking files if you manually associate with application.. because the underlying command line support ("Project64.exe ROMPath&ROMfile") will be there. we are just hoping that page in settings can go?

how about putting rom file association in the installer (and then definately the uninstaller?)

do many people really double click roms to play them?

how about drag and drop onto the app? (would you use that?)

I use windows to associate the files, so as far as I'm concerned it can go. Putting it in the installer/uninstaller would be nice. Drag and Drop - I wouldn't really use as I keep all the roms in one folder and I just point PJ64 to it.

TomMeyer
12th October 2008, 03:31 PM
Hey, this is my first post, so here goes --

Please, Please keep the shell integration -- it is one of my favourite things about PJ64 :) . I do like the sound of being able to change the setting for indivdual roms.

Thanks

Smiff_
15th October 2008, 10:43 PM
hmmm seems some people like it.. maybe it should stay, with a bit of redesign.

HatCat
15th October 2008, 11:52 PM
If it has a purpose why should it be removed? There's more users than there are forum members, and that's a heavy decision on the others.

squall_leonhart
18th October 2008, 07:58 AM
stick to one thread please.

rouge6
20th October 2008, 05:36 PM
well. I include myself as an average user. I like the auto install and I like the 7z idea too.

As for the advanced settings. Keep them I love then all. And setting your attributes for your own roms is VERY useful.
This is the greatest N64 emulator for a reason.
It's the fastest by far, it's still alive, and it has a great compatibility.

Maybe some things only need polished. How about making the program skinable?
And include a skinner with it.
I'm sure we have alot of Zelda fans who would love to have Link as a skin or Mario fans with mario.. Metriod with samus and so on.

It isn't a bad idea. Also. It would be really cool to see USB n64 controllers on the homepage up for grabs aka buy.

I would certainly buy one.
The controls you could buy them for a marked down price of 20 bucks somewheres. And 40 buck donations would get us a controller, how does that sound?
I don't know, i'm not to bright.:D

scottbaylo
23rd October 2008, 12:46 AM
I would love to see a "enter the frame rate you want" option!!! That doesn't already exist, does it? Or is there a v-sync thingy like the gba emulator has, where it makes the game run smoother than it does on the actual hardware?
If it does, can someone explain for me, me dumb.

RchUncleSkeleton
31st October 2008, 01:56 AM
First off compatibility if most important.

I think being able to select audio, graphic, and controller plugins per game would be awesome. Also being able to have game specific controller setting(we all don't own an n64 controller with an adaptoid, and some games use the Z-trigger and the analog stick to move while others use the L-trigger and the D-Pad to move)

Being able to set program commands to any key(say you wanted to shut down the emulator by hitting ctrl Q or something like that)

A new GUI would be nice...something like ZSNES's so you can bring up the menu as an overlay of the game(this way you don't have to switch to a windowed mode to use the menu options)

As for the skinnable interface, I think it's pointless, You can always just use a front end such as Mamewah and make it look however you want. There's no need to make it skinnable.

squall_leonhart
31st October 2008, 09:53 PM
Project64 uses MFC, and laying GDI over the image during emulation would incur a performance penalty.

zilmar
31st October 2008, 11:26 PM
First off compatibility if most important.

We do work on compatibility .. tho at the moment it is very high so not necessarily the most important at the moment.

I think being able to select audio, graphic, and controller plugins per game would be awesome. Also being able to have game specific controller setting(we all don't own an n64 controller with an adaptoid, and some games use the Z-trigger and the analog stick to move while others use the L-trigger and the D-Pad to move)

Individual plugins per game will be in soon .. controller setting per game not so soon.

Being able to set program commands to any key(say you wanted to shut down the emulator by hitting ctrl Q or something like that)

Already in the emu

A new GUI would be nice...something like ZSNES's so you can bring up the menu as an overlay of the game(this way you don't have to switch to a windowed mode to use the menu options)

Sorry, highly unlikely this will ever happen.

As for the skinnable interface, I think it's pointless, You can always just use a front end such as Mamewah and make it look however you want. There's no need to make it skinnable.

I agree .. skinnable interface will never be done.

Project64 uses MFC.

Project64 does not use MFC

zilmar
31st October 2008, 11:28 PM
I would love to see a "enter the frame rate you want" option!!! That doesn't already exist, does it? Or is there a v-sync thingy like the gba emulator has, where it makes the game run smoother than it does on the actual hardware?
If it does, can someone explain for me, me dumb.

while we do not have that exactly .. in 1.7 you can increase and decrease the target frame rate on the fly.

HatCat
1st November 2008, 12:13 AM
The only controller plugin I have found to read user-defined controls to assign to certain games is Orkin's Input Plugin, but even back when I had XP I couldn't get it to work on any emulator. What the error was that depended on the emulator...obviously my system

Next to that I've been relying on controller profiles. Use them; save your settings to a CPF/etc. file so you can load your settings per some game or group of them yourself. Still I wish it was automatic as well. Jabo hasn't been that interested with the text configuration methods.

squall_leonhart
1st November 2008, 12:02 PM
We do work on compatibility .. tho at the moment it is very high so not necessarily the most important at the moment.

Individual plugins per game will be in soon .. controller setting per game not so soon.

Already in the emu

WTL or Win32?, regardles it still uses the windows GDI system for menu drawing and allowin a menu to be drawn while in fullscreen would cause a performance hit not to mention break triplebuffering and vsync.

Smiff_
1st November 2008, 03:02 PM
note when zilmar says "target framerate" he means target VI/s - we can't control framerate directly. also, anything other than the original speed will mean bad sound, there's nothing we can do about this.

RchUncleSkeleton
8th November 2008, 03:57 AM

Already in the emu

really? I'd love to see where the program allows you to change the key combos to say shut down the emulator and change the keys which start and stop emulation, etc. zilmar says it's already in the emulator, but I have yet to find that menu....please let me know if this does exist and which menu it's under.

squall_leonhart
8th November 2008, 11:04 AM
he meant already in 1.7

HighwaytoHell13
8th November 2008, 12:01 PM
I think a new feature should be added. Like the snes9x and others, i think you shoul dbe able to turn backgrounds/objects/renders on and off like you can with BG's and sprites. Maybe 1-9 buttons toggles on/off. The reason I say this is because I make my own guides to games, and pictures help out a lot more than the standard text guides, that are usually wrong, confusing, and pointless. But its hard to use pictures when you cant separate 1,000 pixels from each other. That would be much more helpful in my eyes. Another thing, my video card isn't the best, but all the games I play are too dark to even play, it has a brightness option to the emulator, but wont allow me to use the slider, this is frusterating because i'm not spending $100 for a new video card, there should be a simple brightness slider thats usable regardless of what video card you use.

lestralen
9th November 2008, 12:47 PM
well my suggestion is when you have a controller plugged in you can assign more than one button or axis to any one setting, this is because in some games you may need this for smother playing, just ad a tick box asking if you want to be able to assign a axis or button to more than one thing.

(if anyone has played 007goldeneye, you'll know what i mean by wanting to assign the axis to more than one setting, i use a xbox360 U.S.B controller, so if you use one of them, you should know what i mean)http://forum.pj64-emu.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

luizfduartejr
24th November 2008, 02:58 PM
First, sorry the bad english, but i'm brazilian,

don't remove the Shell integration, please.
This is the most useful option in the advanced settings, and i use it a lot.

Thanks, and i'm fan of your job. Good work!!

silverdevil
8th December 2008, 02:37 AM
First, sorry the bad english, but i'm brazilian,

don't remove the Shell integration, please.
This is the most useful option in the advanced settings, and i use it a lot.

Thanks, and i'm fan of your job. Good work!!

I agree Linux users like the shell integration and contrary to popular belief is extremely helpful. I vote shed integration should stay.

silverdevil
8th December 2008, 02:42 AM
well my suggestion is when you have a controller plugged in you can assign more than one button or axis to any one setting, this is because in some games you may need this for smother playing, just ad a tick box asking if you want to be able to assign a axis or button to more than one thing.

(if anyone has played 007goldeneye, you'll know what i mean by wanting to assign the axis to more than one setting, i use a xbox360 U.S.B controller, so if you use one of them, you should know what i mean)http://forum.pj64-emu.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

I agree on many games is extremely helpful to have one button that activates a key combination. this would be especially helpful because it's hard to use keyboard input in place of an analog stick. If it's not that hard using a mouse instead of an analog stick would be helpful especially for sniping and playing star craft 64.

SirKash
8th December 2008, 12:21 PM
I don't know if you are doing this already and sorry i didn't check, i had to post this quick as i have to get to work soon and don't want to forget it, but if you don't have multicore already you should add it, i know its overkill but it would be fun you know.:D

squall_leonhart
9th December 2008, 02:23 AM
Theres no point to multithreading the application, as it is, Load balancing causes enough problems for emulators.

random11
22nd December 2008, 02:16 AM
Well i haven't check and i know its a little late, but a one half speed button would be nice, or something to that affect.

squall_leonhart
22nd December 2008, 07:23 AM
The emulator has speed controls now.

dragon40895
26th December 2008, 10:11 AM
my stance on it is it should at least stay on be caues i put the rom in a deep directory and i use the shortcut on the desktop

toofas
8th January 2009, 02:44 PM
Quote:Originally Posted by RchUncleSkeleton

Already in the emu

First of all, Hello! I just wanted to tell you this is, by far, the best N64 emulator I've tried. I have not had one game (that I am interested in) glitch or not play correctly. Thank you for your hard work, time, and effort.

Now, in reference to the comment(s) above (and the one stating the ability is in 1.7)... is this meaning the ability to set a keyboard button to a set combination, or a controller as well?

I figure the controller aspect is, more or less, handled by the plugin, but what I am looking for is the ability to set a button on my controller to a keyboard button. For example, I use an xBox remote and I play full screen on a pc connected to my TV. I do not have a keyboard connected, only a mouse and the controller.

While in full screen mode, I am unable to use the mouse to restore the window in order to end emulation and/or change games, or use another program (I.E. DVD). This is not currently a full media pc either, so I also do not have a remote.

If I could set, say, the 'Back' button (or any other) on the xBox controller to be the 'ESC' button, that would be perfect as it would restore the window from full screen.

Again, thank you for your hard work, time, and effort! This is truly a work of art.

David

wiseguy12851
28th March 2009, 02:58 AM
I made a donation for the account upgrade like 3 day's ago and at that very minute the PJ64 site went down. I've tried 3 different browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer) to access the website on exactly 5 different computers totaling 3 different Internet providers it's completely un-accessible, it's still down and I have yet to download the BETA with the N64 Original Controller and USB Adapter coming by mail

I did get confirmation of payment

leonbourassa
30th December 2009, 05:21 AM
I would like to see a custom modifier option for the keyboard mappings, for example, I use a 6 button layout on my arcade machine, which gives me all i need for p64 except for the c buttons. what i would like to be able to do is specify an unused button as a modifier (like a fake shift key) and map the the c buttons as secondarys.

thanks.

Selim873
6th March 2010, 06:12 PM
Keep up the great work guys! I would love to donate but I can't because I don't have enough money on my Walmart Money Card... It's harder to get money on it too because it cost 3 dollars to add money...

YNBD
5th June 2010, 06:48 PM
I think you should keep shell integration.
I use it, and Its quite usefull.

but It's not to big a deal if you delete it.
Its easy enough to open files with the application.
but I still like the shell integration.

I always unpack the zip-files of the Roms.
so that the shell integration thing changes the icon of the rom files to the PJ64 Icon.
wich is nice because it prevents me from deleting it on accedint while deleting unneeded zip-archives.

lil_alex
17th September 2010, 03:31 AM
i need help with my project 64 i tryed everythin but nothin' it juss says its missing something or its invalid and i want to play donkey kong 64 so bad plz tell me wats wrong????:(

Experiment #150
17th September 2010, 01:27 PM
Are you serious? We aren't Gods ya know... well, maybe I am... no, no I am not. You obviously don't understand the many different variables that affect PJ64 gameplay, plus, if something is missing we need to know what it is. Plus (!!!) why not just start a new thread?

dsx_
17th September 2010, 03:08 PM
i don't think he understands how to speak either

Experiment #150
17th September 2010, 07:21 PM
wut u meen i no how 2 speek

lil_alex
18th September 2010, 12:14 AM
it says 3d direct failed and idk wut???

Experiment #150
18th September 2010, 12:30 AM
that means that the "3d direct" failed, so you probably need a new video card.

HatCat
18th September 2010, 01:16 AM
idk wut???

I wish pj64 would give errors saying that.

dsx_
18th September 2010, 01:53 AM
LOL

"pj64 has omg access violation wtf?"

Experiment #150
18th September 2010, 04:50 PM
LOL yor computer wuz pwned no0b!!!1!

HatCat
18th September 2010, 08:53 PM
I forget what version of Project64 had this bug, but in Mario Party when you find Bowser in Luigi's Engine Room he cwash the game. :(

"Guess what? I just raised an exception crashing the emulator! You're screwed, fat man. :cool:"
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j112/rswedlo/gif/Bowser.gif

then pj64 print the error message "LOL" just before the Project64 has encountered a problem and needs to close

Experiment #150
18th September 2010, 11:20 PM
Wow. Neat.

HatCat
18th September 2010, 11:31 PM
It goes something like this
SYSCALL(CRASH THIS FREGGIN' EMU CAUSE NO EMU ALLOWED.);

000000 01010 01010 01010 01010 001100

lil_alex
19th September 2010, 05:04 AM
tried playing banjo tooie and donkey kong 64 but same sh*t
i had it once but my idk wut happened it started sayin that

lil_alex
19th September 2010, 05:09 AM
is there any new plugins for project 64 cuz its trippy for me

HatCat
19th September 2010, 05:10 AM
Go to Options > Settings...
To change plugins.

If any fields are blank then that's why emulation does not initialize.

dsx_
19th September 2010, 12:40 PM
wuts a emulation?????????????????????????????

lil_alex
19th September 2010, 05:46 PM
did that like 6 times and nothinq!!!

HatCat
19th September 2010, 07:36 PM
lol it's not supposed to do anything

You're supposed to read the result so that you know what's wrong.

bobwarner01
16th October 2010, 04:59 AM
Hey thanks for these info. about these settings. I really want these some work to do with these so confusing structure.

HatCat
16th October 2010, 05:39 PM
Um sounds good, remember the manual is good linking point for starting.

mraics67
19th January 2011, 10:30 AM
hello can enybody helpas: so I installed project64_1.6 version in my
laptop so have a (hp pavilion: the windows 7 ultimate 32bit intel core
2duo cpu T7300 @ 2.00GHz) so I wos playing rom Perfect Dark and the problem is mouse is useless can this fixed ???
enyone ?? help??

dsx_
19th January 2011, 10:33 AM
My god. Shut. Up.

Natch
19th January 2011, 03:55 PM
Hey, look, it's the SAME PEOPLE YOU ASKED ALREADY!!! Amazing that switching to a different part of a forum doesn't get different help. :cool:

HatCat
19th January 2011, 08:09 PM
Someone kill this dipstick already. I'm starting to think it's an automated prank.

Re: Project Settings
--Yes fun stuff I like. I like more when posts are contributing to art of Project64 Settings. Laptop mouse no suck lie bleu, or w/e that shit is in Spanish. Gah I'll just say it, CONFIGURE UR WIIMOTE!1!

the_randomizer
25th January 2011, 06:17 PM
hello can enybody helpas: so I installed project64_1.6 version in my laptop so have a (hp pavilion: the windows 7 ultimate 32bit intel core
2duo cpu T7300 @ 2.00GHz) so I wos playing rom Perfect Dark and the problem is mouse is useless can this fixed ??? enyone ?? help??
Wow. The fail evident in this thread never ceases to amaze me. If people really don't know how to use PJ64 (or any other emulator), then they really shouldn't bother using one in the first place. Yes, I admit that I was once in his position when I first started using emulators back in 1997, but I experimented with various settings, and now, I can configure pretty much every emulator out there to suit my needs. This guy here is not emulator material. I have made a few emulator configure guides on youtube and despite making them as clear as possible, there are countless people literally spamming my videos with trivial questions; "ZOMG Final Fantasy X doesn't work on my netbook with an Intel GMA900! Pleez fix nao!" or "GSdx doesn't work on my ten year old ATI Radeon R7000!" *Sigh* I guess we have no choice but to deal them, huh?

Natch
25th January 2011, 07:13 PM
This guy in particular has been posting this question everywhere, so we decided not to help him.

Yep, story of my life :rolleyes:

CRAP he's viewing an untouched thread >:(

HatCat
25th January 2011, 11:31 PM
Wow. The fail evident in this thread never ceases to amaze me. If people really don't know how to use PJ64 (or any other emulator), then they really shouldn't bother using one in the first place. Yes, I admit that I was once in his position when I first started using emulators back in 1997, but I experimented with various settings, and now, I can configure pretty much every emulator out there to suit my needs. This guy here is not emulator material. I have made a few emulator configure guides on youtube and despite making them as clear as possible, there are countless people literally spamming my videos with trivial questions; "ZOMG Final Fantasy X doesn't work on my netbook with an Intel GMA900! Pleez fix nao!" or "GSdx doesn't work on my ten year old ATI Radeon R7000!" *Sigh* I guess we have no choice but to deal them, huh?

nice avatar :D

And yeah I think he just said something about using a mouse on a laptop or about it being useless on a laptop. I think there's a setting to fix that under Project64 Settings(TM) somewhere, but it wasn't documented.

Natch
25th January 2011, 11:38 PM
Darn tripads.http://www

HatCat
25th January 2011, 11:49 PM
Hey, look, it's the SAME PEOPLE YOU ASKED ALREADY!!! Amazing that switching to a different part of a forum doesn't get different help. :cool:

Yeah, I know what you mean about those tripads! :D

Now stop spamming and start talking about "Project64 Settings" before I kill you all.

Natch
26th January 2011, 01:30 AM
I like to have the advanced settings show so that I feel smertar.

dsx_
26th January 2011, 01:42 AM
ps2 emulation on netbooks is hilarious

Natch
26th January 2011, 02:36 AM
https://wiki-land.wikispaces.com/file/view/brick_phone.jpg/37757184/brick_phone.jpg

I want mah emoolashun on THAT^^^

HatCat
27th January 2011, 12:43 AM
lol, press 9 for "It's-uh me, a-Mario!"
waaah I can't see anything, also why didn't they port N-Rage's plug-in for this thing so I can use my Xbox 360 controller :mad:

Natch
27th January 2011, 03:11 AM
Shove the controller's wires through the speaker, that'll work, right?

HatCat
27th January 2011, 03:30 AM
Hmm, and just when you thought there was no Real N64 Range or analog stick support (like for spinning Bowser in circles), in the words of the wise tater-tot, "N64 Range = how far you can throw the N64 controller", so just spin the phone around in circles. :D

wait...goddammit you are good at tricking me into going off-topic

Natch
27th January 2011, 03:46 AM
woah o.O We're spamming up the site news thread. We'd better stop that :D

HatCat
27th January 2011, 04:41 AM
Bold the setting that have been changed so you can easily see what is different.

So as not to confuse with the debate of whether to bold settings that were changed at any instant in time or just settings changed, by you, from what they were set to before you ever touched them to begin with, maybe have a [DEFAULT] entry or something like that in the config somewhere, and if a game-specific setting doesn't match the value under [DEFAULT] then it's in bold.

Natch
28th January 2011, 09:59 PM
Okay, you've gone way past stupid. I request a banz for dis dood above me.

HatCat
29th January 2011, 12:17 AM
http://C:\Users\vilx\Pictures\Untitled.jpg

lmao!!

Well at least he didn't link to Mario.v64 on his HDD.

Natch
29th January 2011, 12:25 AM
But... but.. it worked fine on his computer??? :confused::confused::confused:

HatCat
29th January 2011, 12:29 AM
I don't want to know what kind of pictures he's trying to spam us with.

Natch
29th January 2011, 12:31 AM
pictures of his left hand?

HatCat
29th January 2011, 12:38 AM
Depends what's behind, in front, on the side, or in it.

If it's just a stupid hand then make the bastard a moderator.

Natch
29th January 2011, 02:29 AM
I would like to me a mdoerator.

HatCat
29th January 2011, 04:29 AM
...You would like to be a mdoerator?
"Yes."
As a mdoerator, would you shut up?
"Yes."
Somebody make this guy a moderator.
"Doesn't make a bit of difference guys." *zilmar makes him a moderator*

...You would like to be a main administrator who can ban people?
"Yes."
As a root administrator who can ban people, would you shut up?
"Yes."
Somebody make this guy an administrator.
"Doesn't make a bit of difference guys." *zilmar makes him an administrator*

"BAN plz. :mad:" (in reference to that guy who keeps spamming these threads)
*zilmar or some other mod bans you for the reason ok*

Natch
29th January 2011, 04:50 AM
ADMINS!!! ATTACK!

hey wait what's the difference between an admin and a moderator?

mraics67
29th January 2011, 03:16 PM
http://C:\Users\vilx\Pictures\Untitleduus.jpg

Natch
29th January 2011, 04:56 PM
What's the difference between a noob and an idiot?

EDIT: I just decoded his name: "m" as in "I am" raics "race" 6 "six" 7 "t"

it decodes to "I'm racist."

HatCat
30th January 2011, 04:54 AM
Huh, and he's even (i.e. [s]even digit)?

Not much difference, admin is specific type of moderator in terms of usergroup-based privilige definitions or classes.

Natch
30th January 2011, 05:07 AM
Huh, and he's even (i.e. [s]even digit)?

Not much difference, admin is specific type of moderator in terms of usergroup-based privilige definitions or classes.

uh, what? lawl :D sorry that I don't understand that first part.

Oh, I see now.

HatCat
30th January 2011, 06:51 PM
You said his username meant mraics67 = I am racist though you forgot what the seven means, which ends with "even".

Hardly understand you got 't' from '7', since the end of "racist" is already produced by pronouncing just the digit 6.

Natch
30th January 2011, 08:35 PM
"7" is "t" in 1337 speak.

HatCat
30th January 2011, 10:27 PM
Yeah I know, hence my saying "hardly" when by comparison the sound of the characters or pronunciation is a much more clear way of defining the resemblance of someone's username to a statement.

Natch
30th January 2011, 10:41 PM
so, I didn't figure his name out very well? Even though it's correct? :D Sorry, I didn't get much sleep last night; I got a new clock, and it's second hand ticks 1/4 of a second before my old clock ticks, so I'm not used to it :D

HatCat
30th January 2011, 10:46 PM
But like I said, his name might have "even" at the end of it. yes good job though :D

Dude if I ever get any sleep at all, I just have my alarm set to 10 AM then go back to sleep again every day. :) EVERY DAY. :)

no jk recently I've been sleeping better, could be Mr. zilmar's words of inspiration

Natch
30th January 2011, 10:59 PM
I'll get more sleep once I get used to my new clock. That, and once I stop reading into the wee hours of the morn.

HatCat
31st January 2011, 07:03 PM
Reading a book pisses me off. All of that black and white late at night (or early morning heh) makes me either want to punch someone or just fall asleep out of being so pissed.

Natch
31st January 2011, 07:13 PM
I hate white pages. I either make sure it's old and yellowed or I stain it with coffee :D

Well I haven't actually stained anything with coffee yet but it works.

HatCat
31st January 2011, 08:11 PM
*itches in confuzzlement* never tried it myself

Natch
31st January 2011, 10:56 PM
Neither have I, I tend to stay away from hot black ink.

HatCat
1st February 2011, 01:25 AM
One thing I think should be dropped is the shell integration. Unless I am wrong and please tell me if I am this is a feature that is basically never used?

I don't use it with pj64 that much, but it's used a lot in general, just I guess not as much with Project64 specifically. Access through a network of batch DOS scripts is cool though :D. Questions about how to set file-type associations working were on this forum and also inquired upon about 1964 and Mupen64, still exists in Nemu64. If those emulators support it maybe not remove it.

josco007
23rd June 2011, 07:01 AM
when play 4 players the game going very fast.

Android
23rd June 2011, 03:55 PM
I say it is about damn time for the final version of PJ64 to be released.

Natch
23rd June 2011, 08:50 PM
heh, it's not quite done yet :D

Trust me, it's not quite damn time for it to be released.

HatCat
23rd June 2011, 10:12 PM
Quiet. No swearing.

*thread closed*

Natch
23rd June 2011, 10:39 PM
I didn't swear.

But really, there's lots of things that still don't work, but should in a little while. So hold your epona.

HatCat
23rd June 2011, 10:42 PM
Quiet. No hentai.

And yeah at this point if they really want the "final version" to be released right now it's a reasonably short-sighted but rather beneficial load off work here. :D Especially with threads being started about things like that so that I don't have to post in them all the time :eek:.

Lightbeest
11th October 2011, 12:34 AM
i wonder......

HatCat
12th October 2011, 08:25 PM
hehe thanks mate zilmar needs all the feedback he can get^