PDA

View Full Version : Error Message

kiiyara
16th May 2009, 11:00 PM
Hi there, I'm new to using this emulator and installation was not a problem, but when I try to run a game (any game, currently trying Banjo Tooie) I get the same message repeatedly, almost every few seconds "While processing graphics data an exception occurred you may need to restart the emulator". I restart every time and I still get this message. I do know my PC is capable of running it, it exceeds all the requirements as far as I know. Any thoughts? Has anyone else seen this error before?

HatCat
17th May 2009, 12:40 AM
When the game is running hit Ctrl+C. Are any of these cheats selected? Certain ones lead to consistent crashes.

Of course in general cheats aren't the guarantee for problems...so if this isn't the case notify us.

kiiyara
21st May 2009, 06:43 PM
yeah tried that and I didn't see any cheats open. I might have misunderstood the error message when it said "restart", I was closing it and reopening it and by chance earlier I went to system -> reset and so far that seems to help. I still get the message every time I open the emulator. Though now and then it does totally freeze up on me, after maybe like 30 minutes of running it, so now I have new problem lol

HatCat
22nd May 2009, 01:22 AM
Try re-installing the Project64.rdb file from the public updates section.
http://www.pj64-emu.com/downloads/project64/updates/

This file goes where the emulator is set.
What's the file size of PIF2.DAT?
If you hit F5 to create a save state and F7 to load it to use a limited sort of time travel (backup your progress before a crash), is there a point in the game where the crash will happen? Like you re-load the save state, but it crashes in the same spot consistently.

kiiyara
25th May 2009, 05:49 AM
Not really no, it's kind of random, seems to happen maybe after 30 minutes of game play. Then after restarting it happens again but not for quite a while, and always at different places in the game I'm playing. But that download seemed to help and so far haven't had anymore instances of it freezing up on me.

Izimiger
28th May 2009, 06:20 PM
Hi, im having the same problem. I'm currently trying to play Harvest Moon 64, and right after the second company logo in the beginning i get the mentioned error message. I tried reinstalling the .rdb file, and for kicks i also installed the language pack. i moved the Harvest moon Rom to the P64 Directory thinking that might work... but no i didn't. and My PIF2.DAT file is 22kb.

System Specs are,
Microsoft Windows XP Home
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz
37.2 GB total hard drive space, 7.96 GB free
510MB RAM
DirectX 9.0

I think my Video Card is an Intel (DXDIAG and Display Properties say this)
Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller
with an Approx. Total Memory of 96.0 MB

Sound works fine, i haven't tried playing around with the Emulator settings because id don't know which to play around with.

HatCat
29th May 2009, 02:55 AM
This may actually be an issue not on your end, or there can be configuring done to fix it.

Can you before the point in the game where the crash will occur upload a save state? Try attaching it to a reply here or linking to it from filesend.net.
You can create save states named after the game by hitting F5.
This way I can quickly access the point in the game where you are having issues.

Izimiger
29th May 2009, 03:56 AM
http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=7ba5faea2699518dc7111af5a16419fd
i hope this helps. uhm, i saved it right when the second logo ends and it turns to a black screen before loading the game.
(before the game loads its intro sequence first error message pops up, then continues every 30 secs if you ignore it)

HatCat
30th May 2009, 02:57 AM
This game shouldn't be using "Cache"...I managed to instantiate a crash in one of the fade-to-black transitions you described.
However I did not find any crash messages after loading your state, so I am redirected to think about your graphics hardware or possibly changed plug-ins.

Choose "Settings..." from the menu "Options".
Change the graphics plug-in to "Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5.2".

Does this prove change in stability?

Izimiger
31st May 2009, 08:05 PM
Ah yes changing the Graphics plug-in seems to do the trick. as of right now ive gotten past the intro, starting a new game, and tutorial. It seems to be working fine. Thanks for your help rswedlow

dropdead420
24th July 2009, 05:07 PM
Yeah well I get the same message while using the 1,6 plug-in, so I did what everyone else has been doing and I switch it to the 1.52.
Only problem is, when I run it on that it runs slow as fuckkk.
So would there be any other alternative to fixing this problem?

Thanks in advance

HatCat
24th July 2009, 09:52 PM
No cheats, no save states, PIF2.DAT is 21,542 bytes, updated Project64.rdb from the main site?
Changing to the 1.5.2 plug-in I don't think should affect whether you get this error case. It may help with speed, but the above points are for stability.

If speed is slow with just the 1.5.2 plug-in check your settings through Options/Configure Graphics Plugin....

dropdead420
26th July 2009, 07:13 PM
I'm really not sure what all that means, what you said.

but I really need help because i wanna play zelda:p