PDA

View Full Version : SD Hiryu no Ken Densetsu DID work perfectly but...

MES Seele
19th May 2009, 01:04 AM
The first thing I did once I downloaded the Beta (couple weeks ago) was try out Hiryu no Ken Densetsu. It worked better than I could have hoped:D. It ran at a solid 58-60 FPS in everything that mattered (the menus were still laggy (25-30 FPS), but who cares, all the gameplay was intact). I played a good 5 hrs without incident and decided that I should give in for the night. I turned off the computer and some normal Windows updates took place.

Next night I attempted to play it again, only to realize that the FPS had dropped to anywhere from 5-20 FPS for battles and 2-10 FPS in menus.

I attempted to free some RAM up only to see that 40% remained free. I disabled the speed limiter only to see that the effect was minimal if a change at all. I am using the same settings with the same plugins (Glide's Napalm for graphics) as before.

I have tried restarting the computer, re-installing the emulator, changing settings, switching RDB files between the one that came w/ it and the newest file, but all to no avail. If the variable that caused this was not related to the emulator, I figured that it must be the computer itself.

The only thing I could think of that could have changed in the span between shutting down and starting it up was the updates. But I checked what was updated and they consisted of 5 updates to either general security, security for Wmp or an update to the player itself.

I have no idea how to go about troubleshooting any further - I don't know how to revert to a previous set of updates to check or anything like that, since my computer literacy is somewhat limited. If anyone has any suggestions on how to remedy the matter, it would be very appreciated.

--
Dell Dimension 8400, Windows XP - Service Pack 2.0, Intel Pentium 4-560/ 3.00Ghz
2.99Ghz, 512 MB RAM
Graphics Card= ATI Radeon X800 XT, Processor = ATI Radeon X300
DivX Ver 6.3.22

[Edit] Screw my pc, my mac runs PJ64 way better. Hiryu no Ken densetsu runs at a consistant 60 fps (minus menus 40-50 fps), and the music only hiccups rarely now.

Yup, I blame windows. When an os runs a program better than the os it's designed for, somethings up...

Anyway...since this thread no longer serves a purpose, feel free to lock it/ destroy it, or whatever fate befalls threads of this unfortunate nature.