PDA

View Full Version : Proj64 doesn't load the current quicksave slot

Snail
22nd May 2009, 09:56 AM
Using ver. 1.6

I've been playing Zelda: Majora's Mask, using the quicksave function quite frequently. I've noticed that the emulator sometimes puts the save into another quicksave slot, so that the save folder contains a number of quicksave files.

This would be a good thing in case I did something bad and needed to backtrack to a previous save, but when I use the quickload function I obviously expect the emulator to load the latest save, but the game very often loads an older one.

It's extremely annoying, since I then have to load all the saves to see which one is the most current. Why doesn't the emulator load the latest quicksave? In 99 cases out of 100, the latest save is after all the one the player will be wanting to load.

I looked through the settings but couldn't find any info about how the emulator chooses save slots.
Since I often quicksave in heated moments, while pressing keys, does the emulator react to the key combinations and saves differently?

Appreciate any solution to this.

Snail
22nd May 2009, 01:36 PM
I just realised it's because I'm using numpad keys to move around, and they're apparently used to assign save slots, so every time I move to the right or left I change slot.

:\