PDA

View Full Version : First Thread

Breadwinka
25th September 2008, 02:57 AM
These forums are a lot nicer when do you think you will have it fully integrated to the website?

zilmar
25th September 2008, 10:41 AM
some ways it is already integrated .. in other still more to do .. things like when I create a new blog it should create a post here. When a new user is created, then make sure it is created here ... lots of little things still to do .. maybe in another week or two I will make it public. But in theory we can start post here

squall_leonhart
28th September 2008, 10:46 AM
Zilmar, will you be specifying a Beta Tester usergroup to access the Beta boards (set it to the users secondary usergroup)

zilmar
28th September 2008, 04:38 PM
Zilmar, will you be specifying a Beta Tester usergroup to access the Beta boards (set it to the users secondary usergroup)

I have not set that up yet .. .if I set it up then I would only protect the "Project 64 v1.7 - Issues" board to stop non beta users being able to post there. Unless you had some other thoughts ?

gitech001
29th September 2008, 12:54 AM
This is nice. Good work so far and I am so glad work is resuming on the project!

TTYL,
Jay

squall_leonhart
30th September 2008, 11:46 AM
I have not set that up yet .. .if I set it up then I would only protect the "Project 64 v1.7 - Issues" board to stop non beta users being able to post there. Unless you had some other thoughts ?

thats pretty much what i was getting at.

Will you be intergrating the site links into the new forum?

zilmar
30th September 2008, 06:31 PM
thats pretty much what i was getting at.

What do you think that non beta users should be able to do?

Will you be intergrating the site links into the new forum?.

not sure, at the moment you can click on the icon to get back to the main site ...

so it is two clicks .. If people find it really good to I can look at it. It is just more joining of the two frameworks. So do able just not basic either.

squall_leonhart
30th September 2008, 10:07 PM
What do you think that non beta users should be able to do?

not sure, at the moment you can click on the icon to get back to the main site ...

so it is two clicks .. If people find it really good to I can look at it. It is just more joining of the two frameworks. So do able just not basic either.

General Chat
PJ64 General Help
3RD Party Plugins help
Suggestions
PJ64 1.6 bugs

In the Beta Discussion, maybe have Sub boards for the seperate parts of PJ64

Project 64 v1.7 - Issues >
Application & Core bugs
Video bugs
Audio bugs
Input bugs
Cheat System - Bugs & Suggestions
RDB
Cheats (this cheats board will allow us donators to submit our own codes without having people rip them off and use them on other emulators without our permission, allowing Gent to convert them to the encoded format)

zilmar
30th September 2008, 11:04 PM
General Chat

In the Beta Discussion, maybe have Sub boards for the seperate parts of PJ64

Project 64 v1.7 - Issues >

I am happy with the boards we have at the moment .. easier to expand then to shrink. I think it is better to see the number of posts we get and if we need more boards.

I mean the forum on emutalk which was the official one for pj64 for a long time. Was just one board and it seemed to work fine. I find most of the time to many boards is worse then not enough.

squall_leonhart
30th September 2008, 11:46 PM
lol, well we aren't exactly using the pj64 board on emutalk to track bug discussions though.

mudlord
1st October 2008, 12:03 AM
Cheats (this cheats board will allow us donators to submit our own codes without having people rip them off and use them on other emulators without our permission, allowing Gent to convert them to the encoded format)

Funny....okaygo already made a decryptor for the file. Making protection useless. :rolleyes:

HatCat
1st October 2008, 12:11 AM
If there isn't a retexturing forum by the time the old forum is dissolved into this one what will happen to serious projects worked on by those who donated only for that reason?

squall_leonhart
1st October 2008, 12:26 AM
Funny....okaygo already made a decryptor for the file. Making protection useless. :rolleyes:

okaygo can go and.........

HatCat
1st October 2008, 12:42 AM
Ha...I wished I could specify an XML setting specifying which graphics plugins could or could not use my retexture, but that's obviously not under the plugin's control. That'd be also for reasons outside of physics.

Similarly I don't see why it's a fret with cheats.

zilmar
1st October 2008, 12:55 AM
lol, well we aren't exactly using the pj64 board on emutalk to track bug discussions though.

We should be using the bug tracker to track bugs

Kreationz
4th October 2008, 07:01 PM

I think allowing Non-paid users access to a specific Beta Forum branch where they can ask questions before deciding if the upgrade is worth it to them would be nice. Also maybe for a feature suggestion. If users think you are trying to please them they might be more willing to donate or not.(Aka, they saw something get implemented they suggested and now want the beta more because of it.) Just a thought though.

Android
23rd July 2011, 07:55 AM
I think allowing Non-paid users access to a specific Beta Forum branch where they can ask questions before deciding if the upgrade is worth it to them would be nice. Also maybe for a feature suggestion. If users think you are trying to please them they might be more willing to donate or not.(Aka, they saw something get implemented they suggested and now want the beta more because of it.) Just a thought though.

I think you're wrong.

HatCat
23rd July 2011, 07:24 PM
okaygo can go and.........

lmao......

[okaygo, lead developer of Mupen64k and Mupen64++ fork of Mupen64 to have NetPlay]

"okay go can go and........." :rolleyes: "okay" :)

it just sounds awesome XD

Android
23rd July 2011, 07:33 PM
lmao......

[okaygo, lead developer of Mupen64k and Mupen64++ fork of Mupen64 to have NetPlay]

"okay go can go and........." :rolleyes: "okay" :)

it just sounds awesome XD

lol, 3 years ago..

HatCat
23rd July 2011, 07:35 PM
Yeah, thanks. :rolleyes:

I actually saw squall's post a few intermediate times, but you reminded me of it again. :D