PDA

View Full Version : Directory question

MES Seele
22nd May 2009, 10:42 PM
So I am attempting to port 1.7 to my mac via a legit ver of crossover (yes I did pay for it). However I am having trouble.

Does Pj64 create any files in system32 when it initiates? I need to know because in order to function I need to gather all files used by the exe and drop them within the same directory (This seems to be the only way since there is no installation process and the files run straight from the executable)

[Edit] Found the file myself. All is well. Turns out PJ64 runs better on my mac then it ever could have on my pc.

You can lock this then... or whatever happens to threads that that no longer have purpose

delcotron
18th August 2009, 12:42 PM
Hi, Iīd appreciate a lot if you could tell me which one is the file and where did you copy it? Iīm trying to run 1.7 on crossover but P64 icon will show on the dock for a second and then go...

Thanks!

MES Seele
21st August 2009, 06:06 AM
When pj64 1.7 is first opened on a PC, a file is created in System 32 that is not created when the program starts on a Mac. The file name is MSVCP60.DLL. I also happen to have access to a PC, so I fired 1.7 up on it first, and simply searched out the file on the directory. Then just throw it on a flash drive, pop it into your mac, and drop the file off in Crossover's system 32 folder.

Since I use normal crossover (not games) the directories may be different, and since the exe does not install the program itself, you have to make a folder and drop the other files in manually.

On crossover in the bar on the top of the screen under 'Configure', is an option entitled 'manage bottles'. On the pane that pops up under 'advanced' is the option to open up Crossover's C: Drive in finder. From there, there are two folders: Program files and windows. When you unzip the beta file, a folder called Version 1.7.0.10 is made. You can drop that whole thing into the 'program files' folder. System 32 is located in the 'windows' folder. Drop the aforementioned file in there. That should be it :)

If you have any problems getting it to work, let me know and we'll figure it out. I find the best setup for my mac is to use the video plugin 'glide 64 napalm', and an N-rage type for the controller plugin (I had trouble w/ Jabo's controller plugin). The default audio plugin works really well as is.

Since MSVCP60.DLL is part of the beta, I don't think I would be allowed to just post the file here. If you don't have access to it, you could always ask one of the mods for permission or something.

Hope everything works out

squall_leonhart
21st August 2009, 08:31 AM
lol

MSVCP60.DLL is part of the Visual C 6 runtime.

MES Seele
22nd August 2009, 04:13 AM
Please specify.
Why exactly would 1.7 not function properly without it? Or, why do you figure that it would not be created when 1.7 is started up on a mac?

HatCat
22nd August 2009, 09:04 PM
The only reason I myself need that module is because of the Direct3D6 plug-in.

squall_leonhart
23rd August 2009, 02:38 AM
Please specify.
Why exactly would 1.7 not function properly without it? Or, why do you figure that it would not be created when 1.7 is started up on a mac?

because its a windows runtime......

delcotron
23rd August 2009, 09:13 AM
When pj64 1.7 is first opened on a PC, a file is created in System 32 that is not created when the program starts on a Mac. The file name is MSVCP60.DLL. I also happen to have access to a PC, so I fired 1.7 up on it first, and simply searched out the file on the directory. Then just throw it on a flash drive, pop it into your mac, and drop the file off in Crossover's system 32 folder.

Since I use normal crossover (not games) the directories may be different, and since the exe does not install the program itself, you have to make a folder and drop the other files in manually.

On crossover in the bar on the top of the screen under 'Configure', is an option entitled 'manage bottles'. On the pane that pops up under 'advanced' is the option to open up Crossover's C: Drive in finder. From there, there are two folders: Program files and windows. When you unzip the beta file, a folder called Version 1.7.0.10 is made. You can drop that whole thing into the 'program files' folder. System 32 is located in the 'windows' folder. Drop the aforementioned file in there. That should be it :)

If you have any problems getting it to work, let me know and we'll figure it out. I find the best setup for my mac is to use the video plugin 'glide 64 napalm', and an N-rage type for the controller plugin (I had trouble w/ Jabo's controller plugin). The default audio plugin works really well as is.

Since MSVCP60.DLL is part of the beta, I don't think I would be allowed to just post the file here. If you don't have access to it, you could always ask one of the mods for permission or something.

Hope everything works out

Wow man, thanks, I owe you one, itīs working right now, thanks again! I had already copied all directx dlls to system32 and couldnīt make it work, it was the MSVCP60.DLL the one I needed. Furthermore, itīs great that you explained it so clearly so anyone can make it without any further knowledge of Crossover.

Thanks!

MES Seele
25th August 2009, 04:07 AM
Great! Glad to hear everything is working for you :)

michaelam
25th August 2009, 05:17 PM
i have a problem with my project 64
whenever i try to open project 64 this occurs

Direct3D failed to initialize
Error code;8876086A
D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE
ok
then when i click ok this happens

the default or selected video plugin is missing or invalid.

check that you have at least one compatible plugin file in your plugin folder.

can someone please tell me whats wrong and how to fix it? thanks

XFi6
25th August 2009, 08:21 PM
Direct3d isn't available on Macs.... (Assuming you're using a Mac; if you're not, why are you posting in this thread?)

HatCat
25th August 2009, 08:21 PM
i have a problem with my project 64
whenever i try to open project 64 this occurs

Direct3D failed to initialize
Error code;8876086A
D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE
ok
then when i click ok this happens

the default or selected video plugin is missing or invalid.

check that you have at least one compatible plugin file in your plugin folder.

can someone please tell me whats wrong and how to fix it? thanks

Go Options/Settings... to change plug-ins.
Obviously the default (Direct3D8 processor) won't work due to your video setup. If you don't want to use older plug-ins update your video card or drivers.

MES Seele
27th August 2009, 08:47 PM
I probably should have put "Mac" in the thread title to keep this from being turned into a default 'h31pz, how does i do this? thread', however, I have noticed that as soon as a topic is started where any OS other than windows is mentioned, you're pretty much ignored.

Besides, I suppose the question fits the title well enough anyways.

kleiner266
19th September 2011, 07:57 PM
Hey guys I am totally new to this forum. i too am attempting to install v1.7 beta on a mac, but am unsure where to find the system 32 folder, which presents a problem when trying to follow the installation instructions above. I get the whole transferring the .dll file to the folder, i am just unsure how to find that system 32 folder. any help would be awesome.

squall_leonhart
19th September 2011, 08:44 PM
no support for macfaggotry.

kleiner266
19th September 2011, 09:28 PM
seeing as this entire thread is based on running proj 64 on a mac it would seem there is some support. so thanks man!

HatCat
20th September 2011, 01:38 AM
On Windows, SYSTEM32 is %systemroot%\system32.

phpgen
5th January 2012, 09:53 AM
I am also having this same issue.

squall_leonhart
10th January 2012, 02:44 AM
seeing as this entire thread is based on running proj 64 on a mac it would seem there is some support. so thanks man!

I can see how a macfaggot would delude themselves into thinking they.

wait a tick, i'll just post that you can install and run Direct3D 11 titles on OSX Lion so then it must be true.