PDA

View Full Version : Dead!

ipsilonv
24th May 2009, 03:58 AM
Dude seriously, just dig a grave to this project... it's been half dead for half it's life and you have it barely on life support with the money form the people that bought the beta. We all loved you PJ64, which is also the reason why you should die in peace. RIP

As a side note, I don't know how much progress has been made, but there is a certain attitude you must have about donations. If you are going to take them, then you have a responsibility to do your best. If you have a busy life, that's fine, but don't take donations. I'm not complaining, since I didn't even donate (Which I guess doesn't make me worthy of a beta), but given the 3 updates in a year.. it seems a little disrespectful and not very honorable, but I might be completely wrong regarding the progress that is made behind the scenes.

Anyways, RIP PJ64. I might sound like a douche.. and I don't care. But I want to make it clear that I really appreciate all that the creators have done, even if I don't approve of certain aspects of their methods. And I'm ready for FLAME :).

mudlord/RED
24th May 2009, 04:37 AM
Yes, you are a douchebag.

Pj64 is still alive. Stuff has still been done. So why don't you crawl in a ditch and die because you are so impatient. :rolleyes:

And you wan't everything for free? Learn to crack! Because the people who leak and crack PJ64 don't have a brain to do it properly and without.................................:D That just shows how pathetic DigitalSpider is. Can't even do things properly.....

Sheesh.

ShadowFX
24th May 2009, 07:34 AM
Dude seriously, just dig a grave to this project... it's been half dead for half it's life and you have it barely on life support with the money form the people that bought the beta.
People didn't buy anything. You donated towards the progress that's been made back then, not for what was to come.

As a side note ... but given the 3 updates in a year.. it seems a little disrespectful and not very honorable, but I might be completely wrong regarding the progress that is made behind the scenes.
There has been progress in form of alpha versions, but probably nothing major. I would have agreed with you if the donations were purely meant for getting access to the WIP versions only.

If I were you, play on your N64 or wait for another fresh new emulator, if there ever comes one. Projects like these are rarely seen as it is such a huge task and requires vast amount of knowledge of the system in question.

squall_leonhart
24th May 2009, 06:22 PM
Dude seriously, just dig a grave to this project... it's been half dead for half it's life and you have it barely on life support with the money form the people that bought the beta. We all loved you PJ64, which is also the reason why you should die in peace. RIP

As a side note, I don't know how much progress has been made, but there is a certain attitude you must have about donations. If you are going to take them, then you have a responsibility to do your best. If you have a busy life, that's fine, but don't take donations. I'm not complaining, since I didn't even donate (Which I guess doesn't make me worthy of a beta), but given the 3 updates in a year.. it seems a little disrespectful and not very honorable, but I might be completely wrong regarding the progress that is made behind the scenes.

Anyways, RIP PJ64. I might sound like a douche.. and I don't care. But I want to make it clear that I really appreciate all that the creators have done, even if I don't approve of certain aspects of their methods. And I'm ready for FLAME :).

go throw yourself in front of a bus :rolleyes:

ipsilonv
27th May 2009, 05:59 AM
@Mudlord
You clearly have very serious issues with understanding what people say. Regardless of the fact that calling someone a douchebag online is in itself quite a retarded thing to do, you fail to address my most important point. My post might be surrounded in comedy given that I really don't care about this project anymore (since 7 years ago when it stopped progressing), but there are very serious aspects that I talk about. If you can't see them then you really need to get some english lessons for grown ups.

And I don't want to get everything for free. This is something you don't understand, my problem is not that you take donations.. but that those donations are very disrespectful. If you take donations you have an OBLIGATION to do your best... If you don't see an obligation the you have some serious social misunderstandings and need to get out of your cave more.

And you have a serious superiority complex man, get down from your throne and realize that the crap you've made is not that awesome. No, you are not a god.. not by a long shot.

People didn't buy anything. You donated towards the progress that's been made back then, not for what was to come.
You just countered your own argument. If you pay for something that is already created.. you are buying it. A donation is meant to encourage growth... which PJ64 doesn't see.. at least not the free version. And don't get me wrong.. if you want to sell PJ64 go ahead.. but don't lie to people.

@Squall_Leonhart
If you won't argue any of my points then don't even bother posting. Or do so, it just shows how mature you are.. although arguing over maturity online won't get us anywhere. You sound like you are 16 though.. just an estimation. But I would rather you argue with me so that you change my mind, and make me realize how wrong I am.. which so far it seems like I'm not. Given the replies I got it seems like this truly has become a scam. If you take donations and release something that doesn't have 7 years (Don't even wanna count how long this has been going on for) of real work, then you have no respect towards others.. and quite sincerely makes you fit to get run over by a bus (a joke of course).

But it seems that there are no people here that can make any responses that resemble something a human being with more than a double digit IQ would write. Then again, I'm here more to see if you realize how messed up this whole thing is, and not to get something out for myself. I really couldn't care less if you release this or not, but I hate people being insulted in such a manner, and people taking a crap on other people's hard earned money.

Have a great day.

RadeonUser
27th May 2009, 07:12 AM
I honestly don't see a reason why you post something like this other than to stir up trouble and/or amuse yourself.

You clearly have your own opinions on Project 64's current status and its true that there hasn't been a post regarding PJ64's status in a while but that does not mean PJ64 is dead.

The reason for the slowed progress is simple, everyone on the PJ64 team now has a life to deal with and does not have as much free time as before.

The donations always have been a way for people to show support for PJ64. The fact that they also get access to the beta is just a thank you from the team. I do see how the donation system could be misinterpreted to appear as a method to force people to pay for the beta but that isn't the intent behind the donation system.

As for "worthiness of the beta" that completely depends on the person. If the team sees a person that is very interested in PJ64, has a lot of free time, and is reporting issues in a very professional and concise manner then that person may be a welcome addition to the beta testers.

PJ64 is a free N64 emulator, always has been and always will. If PJ64 1.6 (or any version) was subscription based I would agree that the lack of updates is deplorable.

PJ64 is still free, alive, and is worked on as life and time allows so what's the problem?

ipsilonv
27th May 2009, 03:44 PM
I read your first sentence and it showed that you failed to even read my post.. so I did the same with yours. I already explained why I posted this.. and it's not just to stir trouble.

ShadowFX
27th May 2009, 09:10 PM
You just countered your own argument. If you pay for something that is already created.. you are buying it. A donation is meant to encourage growth... which PJ64 doesn't see.. at least not the free version. And don't get me wrong.. if you want to sell PJ64 go ahead.. but don't lie to people.
I was clearly using the words buy and donate to present the difference you didn't catch in my post. There is nothing in there that even remotely counters.

squall_leonhart
28th May 2009, 12:06 AM
@Squall_Leonhart
If you won't argue any of my points then don't even bother posting. Or do so, it just shows how mature you are.. although arguing over maturity online won't get us anywhere. You sound like you are 16 though.. just an estimation. But I would rather you argue with me so that you change my mind, and make me realize how wrong I am.. which so far it seems like I'm not. Given the replies I got it seems like this truly has become a scam. If you take donations and release something that doesn't have 7 years (Don't even wanna count how long this has been going on for) of real work, then you have no respect towards others.. and quite sincerely makes you fit to get run over by a bus (a joke of course).

But it seems that there are no people here that can make any responses that resemble something a human being with more than a double digit IQ would write. Then again, I'm here more to see if you realize how messed up this whole thing is, and not to get something out for myself. I really couldn't care less if you release this or not, but I hate people being insulted in such a manner, and people taking a crap on other people's hard earned money.

Have a great day.

Again, go throw yourself under a bus. us Emudevs have better things to do then read lamer posts like yours. You haven't written anything worth responding to, so i won't.

....now whered that Bree girl go.......
@RadeonUser

Agreed, As it is the current alpha builds have games which previously had issues whether minor, or major to work with decent results.

PS. I donated to the project, not for the beta. >.> I actually had using the cracked r45 leak well before donating and only done so because of the work they had already achieved in r45

HatCat
28th May 2009, 01:26 AM

Wouldn't it be up to the intention of the one who gives the money? If that one "donated" just to get the beta it can be called "buying"?
Functionally, though, we imagine there is at least one context, while we use the English language.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/buy
So basically my take on it is, is it considered exchanging the money for the beta? The giver decides that.
Is it giving money that will return the beta software? Yes

Unfortunately, after the "donation", it is presumed that you want the beta because the system is set up such that after donating you will automatically be granted access. There is no option to decline this extension.

Sympathy dude...I respect you. Your judgment...I don't feel alone.

I just want to make sure you are aware of the following.

In fact Jabo and zilmar do happen to be busy. Their personal lives as well
This project is over a decade old. It was temporarily discontinued as of version 1.4 in 2004, but it was ever active until more decline at 2008 to present. Therefore its decline period is less than 2/10 = 20%. Other than that I have no thoughts of opposition against what you have written. "...it's been half dead for half it's life and you have it barely on life support with the money form the people that bought the beta."
Over a year ago Project64 was leaked and later cracked. At this time the developers have been directed to a lot of hatred and unappreciation. You are misunderstood. Misjudgment from pride is why I have an account here. This of course would imply any decline in the rate of donating to be rather recent.
Fortunately those who donated just to support further development are part of the reason why this project does not precede a death. It will not die based on the rate of income, but because of new investigations for an emulator of a more recent platform, GameCube, the next version of Project64 is said to be the last release.
Although the developers do base their time based on which priority gives them more financial support for life, this relates to the judgment as to whether one cares. It can be inferred around here that other people still post help and information, so zilmar still continues with information if he is asked.

CA5
28th May 2009, 02:39 PM
Lol, I love "questionable" posters.

RadeonUser
29th May 2009, 08:53 PM
I read your first sentence and it showed that you failed to even read my post.. so I did the same with yours. I already explained why I posted this.. and it's not just to stir trouble.

I actually did read your post and you make me regret spending the hour and a half that went into the response.

You see, I've been a beta tester since PJ64 1.2 (or is it 1.3? I forget) and have a certain level of pride associated with anything that I do on PJ64. That pride forces me to try and respond in the most professional manner my current state of mind allows.

I'm tired however and after a few months of arguing with idiots I simply don't have much mental reserve left.

So I'll make use of one of Squall's messages here...
"go throw yourself in front of a bus :rolleyes:"
Cause seriously that response is the same level of respect that you're showing.

I seriously must have been out of mind to think the original poster wanted to exchange opinions in an intelligent and respectful manner...
*Stares at the sign that reads 'Welcome to the Internet' and curses silently*

squall_leonhart
29th May 2009, 10:24 PM
Don't worry, I called the mario brothers, our internet pipes will be clean soon!

zilmar
30th May 2009, 12:42 AM

I know I do not get to work on it as much these days, some times heavily for 3-6 months, sometimes not really touching it for 6-9 months. When I was developing 1.0-1.4 I was spending about 40 hours a week on it for at least 18 months.

You would prefer I just not work on it ever again, since I can not live up to the original dedication I had to it ?

With out the donations, the project would have been completely dead, maybe you think the semi alive, maybe you like to call it a semi zombie state is worse then a dead status ?

If you want to think it dead, then go ahead and do so. 1.6 is still excellent and works great in most cases. The problem with 1.6 is there is a lot of architecture problems in the code which makes it hard to really push it much beyond it is current state. So while 1.7 might not seem to be much better, even possibly worse in some cases, it would be because so much of the code has been re-written. Still more needs to be redone as well.

So I assume you like the idea of being dead .. and so you really think it would have been better that it just had died completely with no chance of ever getting a new version?

mudlord/RED
30th May 2009, 10:01 AM
You clearly have very serious issues with understanding what people say.

You were saying that to everyone else too. So how is this different?

And I don't want to get everything for free. This is something you don't understand, my problem is not that you take donations.. but that those donations are very disrespectful. If you take donations you have an OBLIGATION to do your best... If you don't see an obligation the you have some serious social misunderstandings and need to get out of your cave more.

Obviously my braindead friend who eats shit, you have a lot to learn. These people are doing things out of the goodness of thier own hearts. You think they are not entitled to do what they like with what they make?

And you have a serious superiority complex man

Listen here scumbag, since you are being a troll, I am allowed to be one back!

get down from your throne and realize that the crap you've made is not that awesome. No, you are not a god.. not by a long shot.

Fuck no retard, I am quite happy sitting on this "throne". And you are wrong, my stuff is not awesome, ITS SHIT! Compared to what Jabo does, its all a fucking hack! So you talk to me PROPERLY. Its not crap, ITS UTTER SHIT! :mad:

I know I am not a god fucktard, I am a retarded, fucked-in-the-head troll. Get used to it or fuck off and die like squall said.

mudlord/RED
30th May 2009, 10:02 AM
maybe you like to call it a semi zombie state is worse then a dead status ?

Apparently. They want a shotgun to the head of the project to make them happy. :rolleyes:

HatCat
30th May 2009, 09:44 PM
BAHaha :rolleyes: ! Finish us off.

"Apparently. They want a shotgun to the head of the project to make them happy."
Hm you know the way things work is they kinda sock you in the back of the head with a paper ball, and then they just, you know, catch your attention first.

See he hasn't really carried out either of those procedures. He may have waited after socking you but you know that's sorta because he didn't really have a shotgun. Aw crap what have I done?

You would prefer I just not work on it ever again, since I can not live up to the original dedication I had to it ?

With out the donations, the project would have been completely dead, maybe you think the semi alive, maybe you like to call it a semi zombie state is worse then a dead status ?

So I assume you like the idea of being dead .. and so you really think it would have been better that it just had died completely with no chance of ever getting a new version?

Consistency means nothing without love. Why live two incomplete lives over one complete life?

Zombies rape each other.
Once the world around them is destroyed, if they don't rest, they'll be in each others' way eventually.
Thankfully it's not a zombie; other people care about it. People posting all kinds of help or info, even after a project gets discontinued, shows it must be alive. Function without life would be nothing but emptiness.

No way!! I sure as hell don't want to be dead! Damn that would suck, and if I am not a virgin I wanna know. :( Project64 should stay alive for as long as it can!
Fools! It's been alive! When did it die?
The baby pigs are not around it yet. Uh Mr. Syrup's gone on vacation but if you kill it when he gets back everybody happy No.
It works fine to me (besides the God-damned beta), and when changes are being made to the emulator, it lives even stronger!

ipsilonv
10th June 2009, 11:39 PM
@Mudlord
... The fact that you and Squall_Leonhart don't understand the issue here, shows that either you are spoiled kids who have learned nothing about respect for people and money, or you are pieces of shit that just don't give a crap about others. And if you really feel important, then good for you. It's not simple to lie to oneself into believe one is worth something for being nothing. Because trust me, when you are in a place like the Internet, where no one knows who you really are.. you are nothing. You are probably that sort of person that believes his cyber-friends are his real friends, that's how you get raped FYI.

@RadeonUser
If you are going to call me an idiot, please tell me why. If what I said is wrong (which no one has proved) then tell me why, even though that still doesn't make me an idiot.. by definition. I said you didn't read my post because you said that I only wanted to stir trouble... which I had already addressed, and has never been my sole intention. Ask again if you didn't understand, but don't answer with a non-answer.

@ShadowFX
Yes.. it counters, if you don't see this, then you need to buy a dictionary.. the link they provided for the definition of "buy" proves my point.

@Everyone who responded trying to answer my concerns i.e. Zilmar and rswedlow

My concern is with how you take donations and barely work on this. What you have done in the past is done.. but right now there is no tangible progress. At least none that is worth taking donations over. If you are going to take donations in such a way, then it's better that the project be dead. I almost donated at some point, which is why I feel mildly identified. The fact is, if the people that donated don't care about those 20 bucks, then they are really spoiled brats. I'm not happy at the fact that I had to write all this, since I really respected you guys. But I think that taking donations in such a way is as I've stated many times, disrespectful. Donating doesn't mean a project will get done, but it means the creators will do their best by taking hard earn money from people who enjoyed their work. This is hardly the case here, at least the last few years. If you can't work on it enough, don't take donations, it's as simple as that. If that means the project is dead... then so be it. Just because you want to keep up you're precious work doesn't mean you can do it at the expense of others with little to no concern for their efforts or money.

mudlord/RED
10th June 2009, 11:54 PM
or you are pieces of shit that just don't give a crap about others.

BINGO! 3 points to Mr Obvious! :p

when you are in a place like the Internet, where no one knows who you really are.. you are nothing.

And even if people know you, you are still a rotting piece of shit compared to others. :) Because, who would want to know someone who trolls, leaks, and is a utter retard like me huh? You somehow answer that and you would amaze me.

that's how you get raped FYI.

Who friggin' cares? I won't be happy until 4chan's Internet Hate Machine comes and bashes my door in and kills me. And trust me, thats a completely open opportunity. I know some of you people hate me that much. So, go ahead. PROVE IT! I love random acts of violence, don't you? I love random phone calls too, they are so funny sometimes.

And I love trolls vs trolls! Who will win, you?

HatCat
11th June 2009, 02:08 AM
Sorry I wasn't able to sympathize...this update though is where I began to get confused. Walk me through this?

My concern is with how you take donations and barely work on this. What you have done in the past is done.. but right now there is no tangible progress. At least none that is worth taking donations over. If you are going to take donations in such a way, then it's better that the project be dead. I almost donated at some point, which is why I feel mildly identified. The fact is, if the people that donated don't care about those 20 bucks, then they are really spoiled brats. I'm not happy at the fact that I had to write all this, since I really respected you guys. But I think that taking donations in such a way is as I've stated many times, disrespectful. Donating doesn't mean a project will get done, but it means the creators will do their best by taking hard earn money from people who enjoyed their work. This is hardly the case here, at least the last few years. If you can't work on it enough, don't take donations, it's as simple as that. If that means the project is dead... then so be it. Just because you want to keep up you're precious work doesn't mean you can do it at the expense of others with little to no concern for their efforts or money.

You are focused on why zilmar takes donations but (namely at times of job tensity in life) works none to very little on the project.
Let's say that wasn't the condition. Let's imagine he didn't take donations, but the later is still true about working much less with Project64.
Compare that to taking donations and working less...but receiving a weekly donations rate of 0 per week. One reason this is an important idea is because, that's more the current issue.
Another reason is because, if you still, by definition, classify that as a problem, I want to ask you something. Are you aware the donations system is to help continue Project64 development--in ways of expressing care, motivating, and the hearty idea of being able to work less irl hours over developing Project64--instead of just plain, selling it?
If they just wanted to "sell" it...even now, if no development is being done, I'm confused as to why this is a bad thing. No one's buying something that doesn't exist (a new beta that hasn't been made or released yet), so there's no rip-off involved here? If you give the donations just for the beta, on your will, then by intentions, it's definitively "buying" the software, but in this case, you are not buying "the beta".
You are buying access to all beta versions--past and present--which is crucial to help with development using such a supply of information.
It's not like, you buy the current beta, and it doesn't exist yet because zilmar never made it due to inactive development (sub-level due to lacking in donations but more to work tension in real life), so I'm confused as to why this is so wrong.

I am not trying to challenge you, but if I can't, defend those who have helped me out, (Like I don't make the software, but I was sort of hired here due to some background.) I just want to see your perspective.
At least, to help you out given no one else in this thread does, just to learn from you.

"But I think that taking donations in such a way is as I've stated many times, disrespectful....Just because you want to keep up you're precious work doesn't mean you can do it at the expense of others with little to no concern for their efforts or money."

What I do find disrespectful, is calling it "generous offer". By giving the beta software--an incomplete and often unstable, buggy, and quality-misinforming version of the software--to just anyone who, for any reason, decides to donate. That conforms to your second statement quoted here, in the idea of misleading them to think of just the beta as a reward to pay for, instead of donating to respect and encourage development.
You and I have sympathized over how "pay" is defined, but what about "donation"? How many donations (like medical help, personally treating depression, just not like software) do you know of that give you something in turn, that is at risk of the donating one just giving the money for? Why would you deceive someone like that, to cheat nature's aim that you raise money by collecting spirit from other humans, to accomplish some goal? You want their honest intention to have true statistics on your success.

squall_leonhart
11th June 2009, 02:51 AM
@Mudlord
... The fact that you and Squall_Leonhart don't understand the issue here, shows that either you are spoiled kids who have learned nothing about respect for people and money, or you are pieces of shit that just don't give a crap about others. And if you really feel important, then good for you. It's not simple to lie to oneself into believe one is worth something for being nothing. Because trust me, when you are in a place like the Internet, where no one knows who you really are.. you are nothing. You are probably that sort of person that believes his cyber-friends are his real friends, that's how you get raped FYI.

you couldn't be more wrong, infact, you're so wrong your post negates itself with stupidity. the only one looking like an arsehole here is yourself.

If you don't want to DONATE, $20 to a project that for along time has had the best game and gfx compatibility, compared to other emulators, to allow for the development of that emulator to continue, then GET THE F OUT, we don't need you here, as your ideals just insinuate that you don't respect the project, or have its best interests at heart.

Go and download a leak from the internet for all we care, just stop posting here with your capitalistic bullshit as if anyone really cares.

Most of the time, these donations go towards the project in ways of software or hardware updates, so the dev's can test on a broader range of hardware.

You are probably that sort of person that believes his cyber-friends are his real friends, that's how you get raped FYI.

one of my cyber "best" friends is sending me the system marked in my signature, and I had to be adamant about paying him back for the bloody thing marking it on principal.

If you want to live in your own bubble and disregard the networking capabilities of the internet, then thats your own fault for limiting your life and world to the local street you live in.

RadeonUser
12th June 2009, 01:02 AM
@RadeonUser
If you are going to call me an idiot, please tell me why. If what I said is wrong (which no one has proved) then tell me why, even though that still doesn't make me an idiot.. by definition. I said you didn't read my post because you said that I only wanted to stir trouble... which I had already addressed, and has never been my sole intention. Ask again if you didn't understand, but don't answer with a non-answer.

As far as I am aware I did not call you an idiot but you do seem to have a problem understanding what people mean.

You came here, admittedly by your own post, expecting to be flamed. As far as I am aware getting flamed often leads to problems, disagreements, and so forth... This is why I suggested you came here to just stir trouble. You do not seem to want a progress update but only want to complain about the current system.

I fail to see where I misunderstood anything but go ahead and enlighten me on what you meant.

The rest of my post will be a story of my feelings towards PJ64 and the team. It might help you understand where I'm coming from. Read it or ignore it, either way it doesn't matter.

I've been a beta tester for PJ64 for quite a while, to be honest I've forgotten when I started and when I stopped.
Zilmar, Jabo, Smiff, and Gent were already a team working on PJ64 when I joined.
I pretty much fought with Jabo, Smiff, and Gent quite a bit along the ways.
I made some rather deep emotional scars with Smiff and Gent though.
It was a constant butting of heads and I'll admit quite a bit of the problems came from me.
I always demanded a higher quality out of the testing that simply wasn't reasonable.
I never did talk to Zilmar much, out of intimidation or illusions of grandeur I can't say which.

I made the best connection with Gent and Jabo and though we have never met I would trust either of them with my life.
That's just the bond that comes from working closely together for many years.
Like all good things though it started to come to an end.
The team started to focus on their lives instead of working on PJ64 and that's the situation we're left with now.

I personally do not agree with the donation system.
In my mind the only people with the beta should be the people who are working to improve it by identifying issues.
The amount of people interested in PJ64 makes that scenario less and less plausible though.
If donation is the only way to keep PJ64 going and allows for more users to have the beta and hopefully provide some useful bug reports, why not?

Here is what I have seen from you so far.
1) You wish to enforce your will on others.
2) You mention words such as honor and respect yet you show none.
3) You judge and attack without giving anything in return.

ipsilonv
13th June 2009, 11:30 PM
Ok, I will respond to all of this.. but seriously, if you still don't understand my point of view, then there is nothing I can do about it. Oh, and I won't respond to the pointless parts of the argument.

I believe that as reasonable people, the PJ64 should not take donations when they know they can't work enough to make the donations reasonable. It's not a matter of them working for the people that pay them money... it's a matter of respecting what you take and making a reasonable choice based on this. If my parents want to help me pay for my college expenses, then I should make sure that I'm going to work hard enough to make their contributions reasonable. It's not that I have a contract.. but I SHOULD have a moral responsibility to the people who are willing to give me a hand (for whatever the reason). I don't care if you don't mind paying for a zombie project, that's besides the point. My problem is with the developer's attitude. Maybe it's the way I was brought up, but I have feelings of moral responsibilities, honor and respect towards othe people's money and them. BTW, I don't see the internet as an extension to the real life, so I don't feel like I have to respect you if I don't know you. Your opinion, I will respect since it is real.. but not you. My talk about respect and honor applies to real life, and the attitude towards donations is very real.

I read your post, and you still don't see what I wrote above. My problem is about being such half-assed respect towards what other people work for. Money doesn't grow on trees, at least last time I checked. Make this a lesson for you too, if you don't already work that way. You should respect other people (in the real world) and their money. Money might be just a material thing, but it represents the hard work of someone. Even if you are a spoiled brat who doesn't give a crap about your parent's money, those parents do care about it. Just think about it with your common sense, could you really take other people's money and not feel a moral responsibility to work you ass off.. or not take their money in the first place?

@rswedlow
God damn it.. I wrote a response twice and it got deleted.
If you get a donation, no matter the context, you should feel a sense of responsibility. If you get money to help you fight through cancer, then you should do your best to fight it. If you get a donation to help you through a tough time, then you should do your best to get through the situation. The same applies to any kind of donation. If your circumstances in life prevent you from doing you best i.e: if you have an addiction and will use the money to buy drugs; then you shouldn't take the money. People might give you the money with no strings attached, but your morality should attach strings. Not because have to work for these people, but because you owe it to them to give a sense into their hard-earned money. Your morality should force you to feel a sense of gratitude and therefore make you feel like you owe it to them to do your best. If you took the money and failed to feel this sense of responsibility then you didn't deserve to get helped out. And if you donate for work that was already done... well, we went through that.

HatCat
14th June 2009, 08:11 AM
I must challenge so I can learn then.
I act the inverse of the one on the other side, so to learn I must try this with you now. Just a heads up.

If you get a donation, no matter the context, you should feel a sense of responsibility. If you get money to help you fight through cancer, then you should do your best to fight it. If you get a donation to help you through a tough time, then you should do your best to get through the situation. The same applies to any kind of donation.

The donations zilmar and Jabo receive don't extend that much beyond zero, although that idea has been remotely true eternally. They certainly weren't ever rates to live off of.

If you consider time a priority in developing software, and you don't like that the designers are under circumstances hindering that timely development, just don't donate. If you believe only in the work that a team is trying to accomplish, and you value time only in that it is not an issue to the extent where there is terminal danger, you might just donate.
After all, the one making the decision to donate has been given information (on the front page, in the donations FAQ, etc.) about current struggles and that development is not consistent in activity, so it is up to that one whether to donate.

Those who do donate, don't automatically share your specified intentions. It may be wrong of them to not responsibly value their money as you have lectured, but that does not change their motivation for a donation to give that money.
Even if, by one's own will, that one is buying the beta (as opposed to a hearty donation), she/he still has the latest beta. They don't necessarily want what comes after that; it could be just some feature they read got implemented.
They may donate simply to respect the situation the developers are in and possibly give them spiritual hope of escape.

With cancer, there is a huge issue in time, and the person taking donations had better have the time and freedom to collect spirit and do whatever that can be done in prepared time. If they deceive people into thinking that they have more time than is enough, their results are inaccurate, and the money may go to complete waste. However, if they provide the information that time is a threatening issue, but the leader of the household still wants to try, it is not necessarily wrong to donate money out of simple care about the growing issue of cancer--as long as there is hope.

With Project64, there are a lot of scenarios in which the developers can have alternate lives, where someone raising money against cancer is not automatically under dynamic processes in life. There also isn't exactly a physical time limit that must be met.

If your circumstances in life prevent you from doing you best i.e: if you have an addiction and will use the money to buy drugs; then you shouldn't take the money. People might give you the money with no strings attached, but your morality should attach strings. Not because have to work for these people, but because you owe it to them to give a sense into their hard-earned money. Your morality should force you to feel a sense of gratitude and therefore make you feel like you owe it to them to do your best. If you took the money and failed to feel this sense of responsibility then you didn't deserve to get helped out. And if you donate for work that was already done... well, we went through that.

Well, if the developers did use the money on drugs, that's not always one of the more easier things to warn someone who is considering to donate beforehand, but if someone is skeptical enough to despair over the circumstance if they knew of this case, they would probably just look at the actual progress with the project and decide judging by that whether to donate--not being able to identify how they use their money and whatnot.
And we have here someone who is using this method. You see that, in the present, varying activity in development is a bad thing, so you choose not to donate judging just by that.

You're not the only one! Where do you think the developers' weekly average earning of more than zero comes from?

So forgive me if I'm missing information, but all this seems to hint your perspective to be?
The developers should take responsibility for people who decide to donate that either don't responsibly value their money or for people who presume false information on project activity.

Am I following fine?

zilmar
14th June 2009, 10:02 AM
ipsilonv, I am to be blamed for the donation side of things more then any one else. If your not happy about it then It is me alone who takes the responsibility. Why did I do it. It was not to get rich off it, it is not to scam people out of money. My original idea was with the number of users that I could provide enough money to help to do a lot more work on the emulator. This has not happened.

Why did I start this up, because with out it this project is dead, completely dead. I wanted to keep pj64 alive to see it get better. So while I might agree with you, it is either this or nothing. While it might not seem like a lot has changed in 1.7 that is cause I have because I have tried to not break things and keep things consistent with the development. The project64.exe has had probably about 40-50% of the code has been re-written. It might not seem like a huge amount of it has changed, to the end user but it is a very different code base.

It is purely because of the donations, this site and project is a alive and work has been done. I took the site off the emulation64 network because of stability issues. Any ad revenue goes to maintaining the server. No other n64 emu authors are still involved. Some days I wish I had never started pj64 and had worked on a project that could have been commercialized.

So do you wish I had pulled the plug and never had gone back to pj64, it went the same was as nemu64, ultahle, etc ?

if you really serious about costs and respect of money I could easily get payed like $90 a hour if I do contract work. I figure I would have been lucky to have made about $0.20 an hour on project64

ShadowFX
14th June 2009, 11:18 AM
I don't intent to write a lengthy post. For one, I'm not all good at that, and second, does this basically mean PJ64 is on 'life support', with the already diminishing donations?
Whatever the reason is that people still donate, I currently believe donating should only mean showing gratitude to what PJ64 is now (stable 1.6). Personally, I already moved on for the most part, but I check the forums from time to time. I guess I'm not completely detachted yet.

Also, I don't think zilmar hands out any more access rights to people for the so called 'alpha' version. Is that dead too?

squall_leonhart
14th June 2009, 12:36 PM
no its not on life support, it is just not as readily updated as it used to be.

Kd.
14th June 2009, 08:51 PM

You know zilmar, you could sell it to someone.

Dude28
14th June 2009, 09:07 PM
some people create while other criticize...

project64 rocks end of story...

ipsilonv
15th June 2009, 06:48 AM
@rswedlow
People taking donations should feel a moral responsibility to do their best to value the money that is being given to them.

This is a half-assed summary.. but I don't think I'll be able to do much better. I'm sorry if you didn't understand what I meant with all my posts :/, it's probably due to my failure to convey my idea concisely. But no, it's not what you wrote on your post. I understand how that's what you got from what I said.. but it doesn't really do justice to my point.

@ShadowFX
It's totally fine to donate to someone as a form of appreciation. But the creators should not accept that money.

@Zilmar
Well, I guess how wrong it is depends on how many people donate. Maybe I blew this out of proportion because the money you get form it is negligible. That doesn't make it right though. I know you didn't want to scam anyone... I know you never felt like you were going to make a living out of it, but it's still not right. Meh, it's not right in my eyes.

I wish PJ64 lived forever, I really do... even if it was finished in 100 years. But if it means taking donations with such an attitude.. then I'd rather not. I know I'm no one to lecture you about what' right or wrong.. since I'm reaching you through a forum. But it still kinda sucks to see this happen, since I really respect you and your work. It's seeing someone you really respect do something you consider to be wrong... no one likes to see that. But of course, given the money you get is no much, I probably shouldn't have said all this and kept it to myself. It might be unfair to do this to you when there are people out there doing things that are much worse. I do feel better now though, even if this was pointless.

@Dude28
Some create and others criticize, what is that supposed to mean? Are you dividing society into these two classes (if that's so.. then you have a really distorted view on how society works), or is it just a comment on a case to case basis (Are you saying every creation is subject to criticism? If that's so.. then it has nothing to do with this. I'm not criticizing the product, but I will not repeat myself). I think you need to come up with better lines if you wanna sound philosophical. Maybe start by changing your name to Descartes28?

@Suall_Leonheart
"it is just not as readily updated as it used to be."
Dude, don't give such a bullshit answer. That's the kind of talk governments and companies use (It means nothing). Don't feel offended by this (I already know I need to jump in front of a bus, don't be repetitive :/). It's not an insult, it's constructive criticism , chill.
@ the one who asked the question
The project has not have much activity for several years, and now it's in one of it's hibernation periods due to inability to work due to the lives of the creators being busy. As in all past hibernation periods... I wouldn't expect updates for a long time, much less if you are not a donor. And please don't expect 1.7 for a really long time. Basically... just don't pay attention to the updates, since you'll be disappointed. Just wait for the release if it ever comes, that way you'll be surprised :).

squall_leonhart
15th June 2009, 07:13 AM
@rswedlow
People taking donations should feel a moral responsibility to do their best to value the money that is being given to them.

This is a half-assed summary.. but I don't think I'll be able to do much better. I'm sorry if you didn't understand what I meant with all my posts :/, it's probably due to my failure to convey my idea concisely. But no, it's not what you wrote on your post. I understand how that's what you got from what I said.. but it doesn't really do justice to my point.

@ShadowFX
It's totally fine to donate to someone as a form of appreciation. But the creators should not accept that money.

@Zilmar
Well, I guess how wrong it is depends on how many people donate. Maybe I blew this out of proportion because the money you get form it is negligible. That doesn't make it right though. I know you didn't want to scam anyone... I know you never felt like you were going to make a living out of it, but it's still not right. Meh, it's not right in my eyes.

I wish PJ64 lived forever, I really do... even if it was finished in 100 years. But if it means taking donations with such an attitude.. then I'd rather not. I know I'm no one to lecture you about what' right or wrong.. since I'm reaching you through a forum. But it still kinda sucks to see this happen, since I really respect you and your work. It's seeing someone you really respect do something you consider to be wrong... no one likes to see that. But of course, given the money you get is no much, I probably shouldn't have said all this and kept it to myself. It might be unfair to do this to you when there are people out there doing things that are much worse. I do feel better now though, even if this was pointless.

@Dude28
Some create and others criticize, what is that supposed to mean? Are you dividing society into these two classes (if that's so.. then you have a really distorted view on how society works), or is it just a comment on a case to case basis (Are you saying every creation is subject to criticism? If that's so.. then it has nothing to do with this. I'm not criticizing the product, but I will not repeat myself). I think you need to come up with better lines if you wanna sound philosophical. Maybe start by changing your name to Descartes28?

@Suall_Leonheart
"it is just not as readily updated as it used to be."
Dude, don't give such a bullshit answer. That's the kind of talk governments and companies use (It means nothing). Don't feel offended by this (I already know I need to jump in front of a bus, don't be repetitive :/). It's not an insult, it's constructive criticism , chill.
@ the one who asked the question
The project has not have much activity for several years, and now it's in one of it's hibernation periods due to inability to work due to the lives of the creators being busy. As in all past hibernation periods... I wouldn't expect updates for a long time, much less if you are not a donor. And please don't expect 1.7 for a really long time. Basically... just don't pay attention to the updates, since you'll be disappointed. Just wait for the release if it ever comes, that way you'll be surprised :).

As long as myself and others still want to contribute to pj64, it will not die.

ShadowFX
15th June 2009, 09:52 PM
Exactly what contributions are those? High Res-texture projects? Cheats updates? GUI updates? Be real, as long as there is no more core development, it is actually on life support.

HatCat
15th June 2009, 10:55 PM
You seem relieved in some fashion, but then I'm not sure what is left.

So then is that the issue? If you say that is already the case (or not the issue)--that the developers here have that moral responsibility--what problem still stands?

Of course, it more than often is not the case (actually doing our best), since it is always hard to reach our physical limits while thriving. Then again, that level is not so far beyond risking your job life to work on an emulator, compared especially to just feeling that moral job.

@ShadowFX

How come?

mudlord/RED
16th June 2009, 03:07 AM
How come?

Because it is unethical. And everything should be for free, or at least pirated.

As much as I see that ipsilonv is somewhat like me in being a troll, I have to sadly, agree. :( I can see now where ipsilonv comes from, and I have to agree with most of its points.

Including that everything emulation MUST be free. What Nintendo is doing is wrong, too. Forking out money for something thats ALREADY sold? Well EXCUSE ME! I am never forking out money twice. Thats just low. I feel like spamming Nintendo's legal department for that.

And so really, emulation is not a profitable business. Zilmar I think is already aware of that.

HatCat
16th June 2009, 04:49 AM
k the last point I had thoughts on around the time I read this thread back at EmuTalk, like right after I joined, I was able to picture this myself

"It's totally fine to donate to someone as a form of appreciation. But the creators should not accept that money."

My interpretation on this is,

If I (in their place or whatever) get a donation, when the one donating just donated to respect my work or whatever, I should refuse the offer? Throw it away if I have to, whatever it takes to reject it?

I can imagine reasons for that, but I can't seem to connect your answer.

Unless you mean to say, the best thing for the authors to do at that point, say the donation system is permanent, is to just reject every donation, because it's wrong to have a financial setup. And I'm not disagreeing with that, whether or not it is what you meant, just to learn though...

squall_leonhart
16th June 2009, 06:13 AM
Exactly what contributions are those? High Res-texture projects? Cheats updates? GUI updates? Be real, as long as there is no more core development, it is actually on life support.

Cheats, RDB updates, Bug reports, behind the scene discussions, scenario testing..... it all goes towards improving pj64.

ShadowFX
16th June 2009, 07:41 AM
Cheats, RDB updates, Bug reports, behind the scene discussions, scenario testing..... it all goes towards improving pj64.
I actually took you off my ignore list just to try and discuss that with you. I now see it's still quite pointless. Don't get me wrong, if you are happy to work on that stuff, go right ahead. But I still stand by my opinion, you are trying to keep PJ64 alive, but you are just delaying the inevitable fact that once you guys lose interest, it will probably die real quick unless someone actually continues to work on core development.

mudlord/RED
16th June 2009, 10:04 AM
I'm going to be civil to you, even though I know you are allied with byuu. :rolleyes:

So, what would you suggest? Or would you rather PJ64 go open source and die? :)

squall_leonhart
16th June 2009, 10:49 AM
don't even respond to shadowFX.

he eats teh penis and fails at life, its clear on every forum he joins.

ShadowFX
16th June 2009, 11:10 AM
I'm going to be civil to you, even though I know you are allied with byuu. :rolleyes:

So, what would you suggest? Or would you rather PJ64 go open source and die? :)
Well thank you for being civil. And allied? Last time I checked, this is not a warzone...
To be honest, I don't have a say in the matter, it's up to developers to make that decision.

mudlord/RED
16th June 2009, 12:40 PM
And allied? Last time I checked, this is not a warzone....

I'm afraid it is a warzone. Byuu made it 100% clear by his actions, not to mention the forced dictatorship he operates under his pissant forum, and the admin approval only access, so he censors what he hates. :rolleyes:
His actions make me act like this: If a ceasefire can be made, I am all for that. But until that happens, there will always be war.

To be honest, I don't have a say in the matter, it's up to developers to make that decision.

But you made a quite valid point. It is on life support. I was just asking kindly about your thoughts on the matter :)

ShadowFX
16th June 2009, 01:21 PM
I don't think it's wise for me to judge whether there is a warzone or it is simply 'emu drama'. With my limited knowledge about programming techniques, code clarity and such, I can't really say who does better than who (probably not even relevant).

Personally, I'm only interested in the clean character of byuu's forums. Fresh new topics and a relatively limited amount of users (those that take part in discussions that is). I was growing a bit tired of reading the same stuff over and over on other emulation related forums. More importantly, it's an emulator that is in active development, so I can contribute in my own ways too. A double win, I'd say.

Many views byuu has reflect on my own. Not talking about programming, but on how he approaches emulation, how he deals with end users etc. Not everything he does makes sense though, but who am I to argue about that.

But you made a quite valid point. It is on life support. I was just asking kindly about your thoughts on the matter :)

I more or less already expressed those. It just boils down that I would like to see active (core) development on an N64 emulator some day, but it just remains to be seen. Don't get me wrong, it does not *have* to be such a low level emulation approach like bsnes, it would be too slow to even test it. What I've learned is that N64 emulation will require different techniques to be feasible at all. Documentation on hardware is also a problem in this area so it would require real skill, time, motivation and reverse engineering. It's a different subject I'd not like to touch right now, though.

I would actively participate in such a project as well, concerning testing, bug hunting and making suggestions.

I'm sorry if this looks like a mash-up of different subjects, but at times I'm not very good at making coherent posts :o

HatCat
16th June 2009, 09:53 PM
I must presume mudlord's answer was just random, since it had nothing to do with my question, so, if anyone actually reads,

And of course it would have to be alive for those contributions to be physically possible. If the emulator was dead it would just be useless.

...but you are just delaying the inevitable fact that once you guys lose interest, it will probably die real quick unless someone actually continues to work on core development.

The core manages to apply to updating Project64 equally as well as just a text file that it reads because they're all part of the project.

If you die off because you hate that one part is no longer being updated, that's your own death, not the project's.

mudlord/RED
16th June 2009, 10:21 PM
Personally, I'm only interested in the clean character of byuu's forums. Fresh new topics and a relatively limited amount of users (those that take part in discussions that is). I was growing a bit tired of reading the same stuff over and over on other emulation related forums. More importantly, it's an emulator that is in active development, so I can contribute in my own ways too. A double win, I'd say.

So in that case, you approve byuu's dictatorship. *single hand clap* >.>

I was going to actually contribute a Direct2D based renderer for the ruby library, but why bother when the developer makes that impossible? Oh well, thats his loss. I guess that idea could go into Snes9x or something.

Not everything he does makes sense though, but who am I to argue about that.

I agree, some of his ideas never make sense. Like this shit what he creates with this forum dictatorship. It only breeds hatred, and thats what it certainly does for me.

HatCat
16th June 2009, 10:23 PM
Oh I am sure byuu's just this poor misunderstood scientist.

ipsilonv
17th June 2009, 02:03 AM
If my friend offers me money to buy an eraser, and I already have one I shouldn't accept the money. It's not an analogous scenario, but it's the same train of thought. It's like I see a lot of other freeware software I've seen have said (apart from those that CAN'T take donations because of legal matters)... I understand you appreciate my work, but I can't take your money. However, if you can help us any other way, that's totally fine.

And no, you shouldn't throw away the money :/, from the start, you shouldn't have taken it. But then again, maybe that's just how my brain works... I don't take

I can't think of any other way to explain something that for me comes as common sense. But as I said, maybe I was out of line given the circumstances. Specially since the thread turned into a Troll free-for-all (with exceptions).

Regardless, I've discovered that whether or not I'm right is inconsequential. It's not like it will make a difference, you have to but look at the responses to see that. Stalemate!

HatCat
17th June 2009, 02:43 AM
At least I want to understand your perspective.
Mind the simpletons. You have done well to not stoop to their level.
You haven't really done any trolling; you come here with more honesty.

To hell with stalemate.

I'm not taking money for something I already have. This may not mean much from me, seeing as I have spent my own money on one item in the last one or two years, hell I wouldn't know. I don't want a lot out of this world. In the time I wished to help more, donating a huge amount to this project would have been one of those things. My balance has been the same for...just a matter of months? I haven't worked in four years (not an adult...ew uh yet), but on a different account I still gain interest.
My physical combination is 9-9-9, and I haven't touched that thing since Hell froze over.

For now I am still puzzled but to just one thought. I haven't managed to take your first block of info because, what physical object does the team here have that donations are for? Like I couldn't compare your example at all.
They already have respect, to some extent...if that was a physical object though, there's still a lot of disrespect, which might also explain getting virtually no donations.

mudlord/RED
17th June 2009, 03:24 AM
It's like I see a lot of other freeware software I've seen have said (apart from those that CAN'T take donations because of legal matters)... I understand you appreciate my work, but I can't take your money. However, if you can help us any other way, that's totally fine.

So the idea of donations purely for goodwill is fundamentally flawed? :rolleyes: What about charities? You don't see them denying donations!!!!

from the start, you shouldn't have taken it.

Read first answer.

But as I said, maybe I was out of line given the circumstances. Specially since the thread turned into a Troll free-for-all (with exceptions).

You were not out of line. Lets take this to PM to make it a real troll free for all! :mad:

Stalemate!

Fuck no. What little do you know is that I am out of this pissant "scene" so I can do what I like. Don't like it? Well call the Internet justice league to do something.

ShadowFX
17th June 2009, 06:53 AM
So in that case, you approve byuu's dictatorship. *single hand clap* >.> It only breeds hatred, and thats what it certainly does for me.
A dictatorship for you perhaps, but I don't see it that way. Like I pointed out in my previous post, maybe from a programmer's perspective you feel confined when you would be working with him, but certainly not from an end users point of view (mine, at least). Also, his forums are open and not in any way strictly moderated.
If you die off because you hate that one part is no longer being updated, that's your own death, not the project's.
I never even used the word 'hate'. I'm simply not interested in all those extra side projects that has got almost nothing to do with core emulation. Except maybe those RDB updates and so.

squall_leonhart
17th June 2009, 07:01 AM
shadowfx is a serious cat, hes the kind of person that ruins the internet.

ShadowFX
17th June 2009, 07:10 AM
"I never even used the word 'hate'."
Cool. Anyway that doesn't kill the project.
um also sorry for taking your post the wrong way, at least to the extent of just using hate as an example
No problem :)
Of course it doesn't kill the project, it's on life support ;)

HatCat
17th June 2009, 07:13 AM
Ah crap...

What the hell is life support? Is that this conspiracy of quite temporarily putting zilmar on crutches to advertise better or something?

I keep reading that phrase in this thread and not registering it.

Ewwww get away from me :( heh I deserved it
Just in case though, I guess I meant to this
it will probably die real quick unless someone actually continues to work on core development.
if I needed to quote the second half as well...just saying it's not all about the core, cool that you value it for that though

Of course kill ?!= die in the following legal context so I should really check and do my research next time.
"to deprive of life in any manner" (kill)
"to cease to live; undergo the complete and permanent cessation of all vital functions; become dead" (die)

So yeah that's pretty ghetto. :cool:

mudlord/RED
17th June 2009, 08:47 AM
A dictatorship for you perhaps, but I don't see it that way. Like I pointed out in my previous post, maybe from a programmer's perspective you feel confined when you would be working with him, but certainly not from an end users point of view (mine, at least). Also, his forums are open and not in any way strictly moderated.

That is a bald faced lie.

His forums:

* Require account approval, only he can approve accounts. All my accounts so far, as to try to at least be reasonable, like I have towards you, have failed to be activated. So, that is saying something
* have that lapdog FitzRoy policing it. Enough said.

And yes, I feel extremely confined. Because of this, I feel like making a bsnes fork because thats the only way I can submit my changes to the source code!

squall_leonhart
17th June 2009, 10:12 AM
fitzroy is a prick.

bigger then Grinvader even.

mudlord/RED
17th June 2009, 11:52 AM
Hey, Grin has a soul. You take that back! :(

ShadowFX
17th June 2009, 06:26 PM
All my accounts so far, as to try to at least be reasonable, like I have towards you, have failed to be activated. So, that is saying something
You and byuu have a history with arguing. You two simply have too different of opinions, as far as I could read. With all respect, I can somewhat see why he hesitates to have you on his forums. And thank you for being reasonable, I appreciate that.

mudlord/RED
17th June 2009, 09:43 PM
You two simply have too different of opinions, as far as I could read. With all respect, I can somewhat see why he hesitates to have you on his forums.

Well, that certainly makes a whole world of sense. :) Oh well.

squall_leonhart
6th October 2009, 10:01 AM
ipsilonv, I am to be blamed for the donation side of things more then any one else. If your not happy about it then It is me alone who takes the responsibility. Why did I do it. It was not to get rich off it, it is not to scam people out of money. My original idea was with the number of users that I could provide enough money to help to do a lot more work on the emulator. This has not happened.

Why did I start this up, because with out it this project is dead, completely dead. I wanted to keep pj64 alive to see it get better. So while I might agree with you, it is either this or nothing. While it might not seem like a lot has changed in 1.7 that is cause I have because I have tried to not break things and keep things consistent with the development. The project64.exe has had probably about 40-50% of the code has been re-written. It might not seem like a huge amount of it has changed, to the end user but it is a very different code base.

It is purely because of the donations, this site and project is a alive and work has been done. I took the site off the emulation64 network because of stability issues. Any ad revenue goes to maintaining the server. No other n64 emu authors are still involved. Some days I wish I had never started pj64 and had worked on a project that could have been commercialized.

So do you wish I had pulled the plug and never had gone back to pj64, it went the same was as nemu64, ultahle, etc ?

if you really serious about costs and respect of money I could easily get payed like $90 a hour if I do contract work. I figure I would have been lucky to have made about $0.20 an hour on project64

Zilmar, we want to see Project64 improve as much as you do, and that your current time constraints have limited your working on the app, I thoroughly believe that it is time you allowed others to help. Granted very few people have the experience with the RSP needed to improve that, there are people within the userbase who can help by ironing out the bugs in the GUI, like with the per game plugins not saving, and the cheat dialogue crashing the emulator.

Please dude, let us help!

HatCat
6th October 2009, 04:18 PM
Stalemate!Fuck no. What little do you know is that I am out of this pissant "scene" so I can do what I like. Don't like it? Well call the Internet justice league to do something.

Dude...that was genius.

It takes me a second time of reading that, but, samadmin's not the only one I miss.

"Wha--O hell the fuck no! I'm off of this pissant chessboard so I can do what I like."
And the Ipsilon dude just leaves, poor guy.

eternalsword99
4th May 2010, 10:00 PM
Guys.... There have been constant bug postings about 1.7 and yet i see very little response. My true question is, now in 2010 is this project considered dead? I do not blame or criticize the original creators, but if they feel they cant or dont want to put any more time into this, shouldnt an open source come out?? The public can take over, we need emu revival

squall_leonhart
4th May 2010, 10:35 PM
stop registering to ask stupid questions.

eternalsword99
5th May 2010, 12:04 AM
stop registering to ask stupid questions.
I have seen that you are a very active member of this site and it appears that in emulation in general you are very active as well. While you may view my question as being stupid, i represent not the stupid people out there, but in fact those who are uninformed. My hope is that people like myself who haven't donated (I assume you've donated) will be informed of the progress, if any exists.

Im just saying that it is very disconcerting to see that the home page hasn't had a blog post since November 26, 2008.