PDA

View Full Version : Error - Project64 beta is for members only.

HousePlant
4th June 2009, 08:41 PM
I keep getting the error message:

Project64 beta is for members only.

if you have an account at pj64.net, you should not be seeing this error!!
Please contact us on the site

After about half a minute of use. What's up? I paid and everything. It was working fine until today. It started when I copied the whole pj64 directory from my laptop to my desktop over the network.

PS - I've already tried re-downloading and doing a fresh install, still no go.

HousePlant
4th June 2009, 08:47 PM
I just did the change your email back and forth trick to no avail. Still not working.

squall_leonhart
5th June 2009, 01:34 AM
redownload the latest exe.

HousePlant
5th June 2009, 09:57 PM
Already did that 3 times on 2 different computers.

HousePlant
5th June 2009, 10:18 PM
This is pretty lame

HousePlant
7th June 2009, 12:36 AM
Still lame. PM'ed Zilmar yesterday.

HatCat
7th June 2009, 07:12 PM
Usually unique network setups interfere with the security. Any luck with zilmar?
If you found mudlord he'd be happy to give you a lift.

Since I'm zero with networks, I just have one last thing to suggest?
Can you alter the error's chance by downloading an older beta version?

In the beta downloads feature click the link for "View All Files". Search for builds of file Project64.exe. I would start off with build 47, but build 45 could either make it much worse or better. Generally the older you go the more information you get.

HousePlant
7th June 2009, 11:22 PM
Thanks rswedlow. Your switch to an older version advice worked (I switched to .47).

As for my network it's pretty standard; I'm behind a wrt54g2 running DD-WRT. I'm pretty sure that my setup isn't the problem though because this occurs no matter what network I'm on (school, work, etc...).

Anyway, this is a decent temporary solution until Zilmar or Mudlord get back to me. Thanks

squall_leonhart
8th June 2009, 02:44 AM
disable the network supposedly works

HousePlant
8th June 2009, 02:49 AM
Already tried that, didn't work. Thanks though.

j3rk
9th June 2009, 06:17 AM
This has been happening to me for a while too. I've tried all of the tricks floating around, but it still does it. Any other ideas? I suppose I could try the above, and grab an older EXE, but I'd much rather run the latest. Thanks!

j3rk
9th June 2009, 06:24 AM
48 is working for me... (still rather use 49 though.) :)

HousePlant
9th June 2009, 06:44 AM
This is getting a little ridiculous. Zilmar has been active in other parts of the forum, he's either not checking or ignoring the PM's and this thread.

squall_leonhart
9th June 2009, 10:36 AM
stop pming, he'll get around to it when he gets around to it.

HatCat
9th June 2009, 12:14 PM
Since the versions are beta in this case, the later versions are seriously less table in areas. Some betas had few feature additions but experimental re-compiler tests, so they do nothing to help. Using an older version for enjoyability is fine.

Of course the error is not...you get this even when you're disconnected??

HousePlant
9th June 2009, 04:06 PM
I get the error regardless of what my network setup is; even when completely disconnected.

If I hadn't paid 20 dollars to use the latest beta then I would not be at all impatient, but this isn't the case.

HatCat
9th June 2009, 06:12 PM
If your network setup is a local thing though that changes things.

You have disconnected such that you have no Internet access?
Just a firewall blocking Project64 should test this.

HousePlant
9th June 2009, 08:48 PM
Here is a list of what I have tried in regards to network:

1. Using my home network with normal settings with firewall on
2. Using my home network with DMZ
3. Disabling network card entirely
4. Using schools network
5. Using work network
6. Using a firewall on home network to block PJ64 exclusively
7. Hitting the computer

All of these except trying home and school network were tested across two separate computers, one with wired LAN one wireless. Thanks though.

HatCat
9th June 2009, 09:56 PM
Heh unfortunately this really looks like some omen for zilmar. I've always been puzzled.

You have changed between networks, but I haven't gathered yet if you actually tried other PCs outside your area?
This is sometimes rather much to ask of a user of course, but if this was possible and not already tested by you, that provides a lot of information on this case.

HousePlant
9th June 2009, 10:04 PM
I've tested on a friends computer on his home network, didn't work.

From what I can gather reading other accounts of this same problem it appears I've been blacklisted by the authorization server so whenever my copy tries to log on and confirm it's activation I get the error, furthermore, whenever this error is received it makes a registry entry which causes the same error to occur if contact with the server times out in the future. I've searched for the registry key but can't find it.

I don't know why I was blacklisted in the first place, I never distributed my copy to anyone or anything of that nature, everything was working fine until that random error a few days ago.

HatCat
9th June 2009, 11:05 PM
I've tested on a friends computer on his home network, didn't work.

From what I can gather reading other accounts of this same problem it appears I've been blacklisted by the authorization server so whenever my copy tries to log on and confirm it's activation I get the error, furthermore, whenever this error is received it makes a registry entry which causes the same error to occur if contact with the server times out in the future. I've searched for the registry key but can't find it.

I don't know why I was blacklisted in the first place, I never distributed my copy to anyone or anything of that nature, everything was working fine until that random error a few days ago.

Blacklisted? Like your IP address might be part of some range IP ban? Not that I know about the beta security, but it's possible something unique like that is featured in your account. I don't know if, maybe after the software being leaked, the team decided to ban some IPs due to some major worry, and you happen to live in a region close to one of the hackers, which would explain why it still happened on your "friend's" PC.
And yet, as far as your account signaling, through the newest betas, the decline from the site to approve using the emulator, well you've changed your e-mail and updated your account, so I can't guess what else could be so unique. I'm like thinking about user IDs or something, but you registered back in 2008 September it looks like.

I am sending you a private message. Hopes either way as to whether you would screw me for this, but I think you should try downloading the beta with my account.

HousePlant
10th June 2009, 12:51 AM
I think that they ban the account, not the IP. I'm worried that if I use your account yours will be blocked too. I think perhaps one of my students tried to run it (I installed it on their laptops for when I'm bored) at the same time as I ran it at home or something; I did hide it on their computers but who knows. Of course this is all just wild conjecture. But notice in the help menu that each download is linked directly to your account with your email in it. Also, in some cases this exact problem can be fixed by changing your contact email on the PJ64 main page and then changing it back; presumably because some sort of check occurs.

Anyway, I really appreciate the offer and if Zilmar never gets back to me I'll give it a shot but I'd hate to be responsible for putting you through this mess so I'll only use it as a last resort; I'll PM you for permission again if I do decide to try it. Thanks

squall_leonhart
10th June 2009, 02:33 AM
i think your speculation is entirely unfounded and wrong :P

its just a glitch that occurs, but the bloody thing works fine when you're not connected to the net, and theres no registry entries created by 1.7 last i checked.

HousePlant
10th June 2009, 02:39 AM
As I said earlier, it does not work when not connected to the net. Please keep comments to useful statements.

HatCat
10th June 2009, 02:58 AM
Do not worry about me please.
That'd be funny though if zilmar kinda left me out, after losing my account, password gets changed or something.
Likely he would "unban" me from a situation like that, but please, don't worry.
I can't assume 100% certain, in case you honestly using my account does suspend my beta access, like he's not going to, hold you responsible, but this is my offer. Even if it is my last.

But I want to help you guys out. Speculation or not you apparently have put time well before this thread...you've suffered. No betas are being released in this time period like a more active time, so if I get blocked from access because of you, zilmar would probably have more time to fix our accounts in a spare moment during the long period before activity really lightens.

Whether you do or not, just don't hold me as part of the reason. :)

squall_leonhart
10th June 2009, 04:47 AM
As I said earlier, it does not work when not connected to the net. Please keep comments to useful statements.

:rolleyes:

it does as i run it off multiple non-net connected machines.

zilmar
10th June 2009, 05:54 AM
Protection is per file, not account.

house plant, it looks like it was giving you that error cause it was run on a few machines. If it hits to many it starts saying that incase it was leaked.

I have reset the stats so it should be working for you now again.

HousePlant
10th June 2009, 08:21 AM
Thanks a billion!!!

mudlord/RED
10th June 2009, 08:46 AM
but the bloody thing works fine when you're not connected to the net, and theres no registry entries created by 1.7 last i checked.

Yes. The system is designed as such. I'm not gonna elaborate since I have respect for zil, but he is right. There's no reg entries, all tracing is on the server and per file.

darkplayer
14th July 2009, 01:29 PM
I have exactly the same problem.
Maybe i need this reset too (I've played too much?:D)
From one day to an other i can't play with it...

JamesKagy
31st July 2009, 07:06 PM
I just started having this problem as well, can I have a reset please? I just tried moving it to my new computer because my old one is kaput.

JamesKagy
1st August 2009, 01:02 AM
Help! I tried everything listed in this post but it still gives me the error, I think I am blacklisted like that other guy. I have transferred this to only 2 computers but I use virtual machines... so I've probably used it on about 6 individual configurations...

Help, I was going to use this in my class for a final review game but I had to use sixtyforce instead, and it has no gameshark support :/

HatCat
1st August 2009, 02:25 AM
If you get the error while you're disconnected and offline then it might be what you hinted at. Can you wait for this one dude to show up?

JamesKagy
9th August 2009, 08:54 PM
If you get the error while you're disconnected and offline then it might be what you hinted at. Can you wait for this one dude to show up?

I can wait, but when do you think he will show up? It's been a week...

mud
11th August 2009, 02:24 AM
RJ, HousePlant, whoever:

PM me and we can work out this problem.

I cannot perform miracles however serverside, since zilmar is the one with control of the server.

HatCat
12th August 2009, 06:19 PM
JamesKagy, for reference, the user is zilmar.
Regardless of the next time he will show up, if you want this problem solved, you should send a private message to mud.

It's not a matter of zilmar being too late. Even if already without issue, the strategy for this error system can be improved in two-fold perspective. The only member here offering this information is mudlord.

All who have this issue or are otherwise interested, send a private message.
convenience link to do that, http://forum.pj64-emu.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=21686