PDA

View Full Version : where do savestates go?

capngloval
5th June 2009, 10:57 PM
Every thread i read talks about this great, all powerfull save directory. but no where in project 64 v1.6's "c:\program files\project64\" is there a folder called save.

So where is this folder i am supposed to use for save states?

I have tried these file types: srm sra pj. i have put them in every folder in project 64, because they wont work in any folder, no matter what i do.

I have vista, is this the problem? and how come this save folder is mentioned a lot, but no one says where this save folder is...??

Please help a very frustrated zelda fan.
-Denny:mad:

capngloval
5th June 2009, 11:15 PM
What everyone neglected to mention in the other posts is the save folder is invisible, atleast in vista. also you have to go to options, settings, options, and uncheck "hide advanced settings".

then load the game, then click load under system, and then click on the pj file you want and load it.

also, if you have a mismatch of save game to rom, it won't play right. that happened to me.

Well, i solved my own problem, i hope i helped myself.
-Denny:mad:

Ali_C2020
31st October 2009, 05:43 AM
Thank you so much for clarifying this. I was having the same trouble. :)

I recently started playing Super Paper Mario and was well into the game when my laptop broke (Helwert Packard Entertainment PC, they incorrectly connected the Graphics Card so it overheats and becomes inoperable over time). I desperately wanted the save states for my desktop computer, but when I copied the file one of few times it worked, the save states did not follow. I discovered the 'save' dir but couldn't find it. Why is it hidden?

Anyways, I found this thread and your posts and managed to recover my savestates. Thank you so very, very much. I created this account just to say thank you.

You sir, Denny, as legendary. :)