PDA

View Full Version : New Forum (before going public)

zilmar
30th September 2008, 09:07 PM
Is there anything you see here that is not working correctly. Or does not seem to work?

squall_leonhart
30th September 2008, 09:57 PM
what am i specifically looking at Zilmar? it seems to be working ok.

HatCat
30th September 2008, 09:57 PM
Join date for newest member is 01-01-1970
member.php?u=2055

squall_leonhart
30th September 2008, 09:58 PM
ignore that Iconoclast, thats a bug that occurs when you import a database, or accounts are created via means other then the Register link

HatCat
30th September 2008, 10:00 PM
Accounts before that have correct dates

zilmar
30th September 2008, 10:19 PM
ignore that Iconoclast, thats a bug that occurs when you import a database, or accounts are created via means other then the Register link

but should be a bug I can fix

HatCat
30th September 2008, 10:37 PM
Post time offset by 1:10

My time zone is Central; I will use Eastern so the hour seems correct.

zilmar
30th September 2008, 11:01 PM
Post time offset by 1:10

My time zone is Central; I will use Eastern so the hour seems correct.

server seems to be 10 minutes fast .. the other hour is probably something to do with DST Correction Option .. with day light saving I will have a better look at that soon

HatCat
30th September 2008, 11:03 PM
Forcing DST on corrects the offset.

zilmar
30th September 2008, 11:03 PM
seems the server does not auto sync time, so I took 10 minutes off the server time

zilmar
30th September 2008, 11:08 PM
does DST auto work ?

HatCat
30th September 2008, 11:09 PM
When filtering for new posts should the search ID value be stored? Before today and after you linked to here the result address was different.

zilmar
30th September 2008, 11:13 PM
When filtering for new posts should the search ID value be stored? Before today and after you linked to here the result address was different.

not sure exactly what you mean ...

if you want to bookmark search for new posts then bookmark:
http://forum.pj64-emu.com/search.php?do=getnew

HatCat
30th September 2008, 11:17 PM
Difference being
search.php?searchid=()
search.php?do=getnew
I mean the result address in the browser after going to there.

Maybe something else you changed today automatically changed it back.

squall_leonhart
30th September 2008, 11:49 PM
but should be a bug I can fix

you're welcome to try, but most others have given up trying to get their data base converters to make it work.

HatCat
1st October 2008, 12:04 AM
It only happened to one user so far. The rest of them have correct join dates; all of which haven joined before today.

Logging in is getting faulty again. Cookies are being forgotten just at this forum, and logging in with or without them gives a blank white page. I must wait seconds or minutes before I can log in.

zilmar
1st October 2008, 01:20 AM
Difference being
search.php?searchid=()
search.php?do=getnew
I mean the result address in the browser after going to there.

Maybe something else you changed today automatically changed it back.

I am still not sure what your talking about .. maybe that search.php?do=getnew translates in to a custom search which generates a search id, which you see after that.

zilmar
1st October 2008, 01:48 AM
Join date for newest member is 01-01-1970
member.php?u=2055

good catch .. there was only 4 users that had this issue .. the cause should now be fixed.

HatCat
1st October 2008, 01:53 AM
That search ID used to not show up in the result URL. At first it did, but after you linked to the template here on the current forum that changed. Today it went back to generating the ID. I am just thinking maybe something unexpected changed as an effect of what you did today.

http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=70
I get a special login message, but I can just close it and view the thread.

zilmar
1st October 2008, 03:39 AM
That search ID used to not show up in the result URL. At first it did, but after you linked to the template here on the current forum that changed. Today it went back to generating the ID. I am just thinking maybe something unexpected changed as an effect of what you did today.

I must be being thick today .. I still do not understand what your getting .. might be that I just have not seen it my self.

Smiff_
1st October 2008, 10:39 AM
well, this fits my current little screen much better than the old forum (i use tabs on side for portrait type display, on 1024x768). that's all i got to say right now :)

zilmar
1st October 2008, 11:08 AM
well, this fits my current little screen much better than the old forum (i use tabs on side for portrait type display, on 1024x768). that's all i got to say right now :)

I do find this works nice .. also it stretches the whole screen which is nice.

At some stage I will look at put some ad sense in to the forum.

The Tjalian
1st October 2008, 10:34 PM
Would it be possible to allow us to have images in our signatures? Or at the very least, custom avatars? I'm not suggesting you allow ridiculously huge images, just something along the lines of 400x100/400x150.

HatCat
1st October 2008, 11:36 PM
Images were disabled for a reason I am not too sure of. I'm fine to say I don't need them for here even though I always enjoyed showcasing.

zilmar
I click "New Posts".
I see this in my Address "URL" bar at the top of my web browser.
[...]search.php?searchid=#

Days later--around the time you first linked to this new forum--I go here again.
I notice the result changes.
[...]search.php?do=getnew
Noteably them being the exact same
I thought you removed ID generation.

Yesterday and today I saw this.
...search.php?searchid=#
Same as it first started, something was reset?

Which means you did something you weren't entirely aware of in effect, or I should learn a language besides English. Summed up it reset back to returning searchid=#.
---
Now how about clicking that t=70 link back there? Maybe log out and then click it, but I really get some kind of FTP-login-ish dialoge when I go to that thread.

squall_leonhart
2nd October 2008, 09:42 AM
nuts, i miss my signature (specs)

Franpa
4th October 2008, 01:40 PM
I get the login message too and I can cancel it and continue browsing the page like normal. It is A standard password box you get when FTP'ing etc.

zilmar
4th October 2008, 02:24 PM

This should be fixed now.

Kreationz
4th October 2008, 06:14 PM
It seems to be correct for me. I just registered. The new forum looks and seems to work good so far.

HatCat
4th October 2008, 06:28 PM
The member's list doesn't show any of the new users who registered and posted.
The youtube video link in the Mario Kart 64 topic is gone (Not the frame buffer one with the admin message again).

Kreationz
4th October 2008, 06:56 PM
I'm showing in the Member's List and only registered an hour or two ago and this makes post #6 and checked after post 5. So maybe it takes a few posts? Post to a specific place? Or there is delay?

HatCat
4th October 2008, 07:14 PM
It might be donators only. Someone posted once and added me as a friend; he's not on the list. Then again no members with one or zero posts are listed there.

zilmar
4th October 2008, 07:29 PM
The member's list doesn't show any of the new users who registered and posted.

They do .. just need to have some posts before they show in the list.

The youtube video link in the Mario Kart 64 topic is gone (Not the frame buffer one with the admin message again).

Since vbulletin does not show HTML .. have to work out how to embed video .

Kreationz
4th October 2008, 08:02 PM
@ Iconoclast

I'm not a donator yet, :o till next Friday, :cool: but I am showing.

HatCat
7th October 2008, 12:04 AM
Point being recently I'm seeing the login issue more frequently. On ocassion I go to the bookmarked forum index and see I'm not logged in or any sign of it. I log in...tried it with and without cookies when this has happened. Blank white page, go back or reopen the bookmark, login again and there's a delay but it works

There is a lot of accounts with no posts at all (bots maybe), but I'd have thought just one post is enough to be considered a member...by database definition. Post count's all about talk and not necessarily with merit, but on the other hand I'm not sure what the deal is with putting this guy back up.
member.php?u=1248

HatCat
13th October 2008, 12:40 AM
Is there something about the site (maybe caching) that happens every moment? There seems to be some kind of consistency in the time that I need to login, get to a blank white page, go back or reopen my bookmark and login again to login successfully.

I also noticed that I can enter a wrong username or password and I will still get an instant white page reaction. Seems to be something in the login script

squall_leonhart
13th October 2008, 01:41 AM

Since vbulletin does not show HTML .. have to work out how to embed video .

there are modifications available to show youtube, and other hosts videos, not to mention that VBulletin does support HTML, you just need to enable it in the Usergroups permissons.

HatCat
13th October 2008, 01:57 AM
Hm that's right, a forum had an admin editing a regular user's posts to use table HTML. Might be a simple redraw

Also now I remember squall said others' issue reports when using FireFox tied to needing to clean its cookies, but I found out that FireFox never gives me the blank white page. I'ma recall this SQL jack I got when browsing the currently private forum.

"SYSTEM WARNING: fopen(D:/Web/Sites/pj64.net/site/cache/static/index.php/option=com_joomlaboard&Itemid=36&func=listcat&mosmsg=Joomlaboard+needs+to+%28re%29establish+your +access+privileges+before+it+can+create+a+list+of+ the+latest+posts+for+you.%5CnDo+not+worry%2C+this+ is+quite+normal+after+more+than+30+minutes+of+inac tivity+or+after+logging+back+in.%5CnPlease+submit+ your+search+request+again./data.Mozilla40compatibleMSIE70WindowsNT60SLCC1NETC LR2050727MediaCenterPC50NETCLR3004506.html) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory"

So he's using something on both forums that IE7 doesn't like. But I don't care now, I'll use FireFox

HatCat
15th October 2008, 02:05 AM
Dates of thread updates on the forums index page are way off. Currently the New Posts feature only shows updates to the present time properly.

The forum index is for people who don't care about skipping bumped over updates anyway. I wouldn't avoid considering removing the page entirely except for the statistics.

HatCat
24th October 2008, 02:48 AM
(Another thread uses that group directory, and I saw two members and a few guests viewing this thread so far.)

http://www.pj64-emu.com/administrator/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/images/browser_rightclick.jpg