PDA

View Full Version : Net play?

egrll
8th June 2009, 07:30 AM
I was wondering if it were possible to net play with Turok Rage Wars on Project64? I don't see a net play tab. If I can't net play with Project 64, could somebody tell me an emulator that can please? Thanks. =]

I just downloaded Project64 v1.6, just incase anybody was wondering what version I have.
I like the new download section. It looks more organized from the last time I saw it. =)
I also like how there's the previous versions of the emulator. I like how it shows a part of history and how much has been accomplished since then, even though I don't know what's been accomplished, or if anything's been accomplished, but it looks like something's been accomplished to me. Lol.

squall_leonhart
8th June 2009, 07:48 AM
the only version of pj64 to have netplay is the unsupported pj64k based off 1.4

egrll
8th June 2009, 09:36 AM
the only version of pj64 to have netplay is the unsupported pj64k based off 1.4

Thanks for the info.
Why would an old version have net play and not the current? That doesn't make any sense to me. Does this v1.07 have net play? The one which money's needed to get? Lol. From torrent viewing, seeing you on The Pirate Bay there Squall, I wonder. Has v1.07 been leaked? How does it work to get v.107 anyways? Pay, download and that's it? That's what I've read. Do you need to sign into something to use the v1.07 emulator?

Off topic.
How do I change my name on this forum?

RadeonUser
9th June 2009, 07:00 AM
Netplay for PJ64 1.7 is planned as far as I am aware but there are no guarantees that it will make it into the final release.

The reason an older version of PJ64 has netplay support is because that version was modified by hotquik. The modifications hotquik made were a bit unstable though and the emulator tended to hang or become out of sync in certain situations. As Squall stated that version is called PJ64k, Project 64 Kaillera, and is based off Project 64 1.4.

As for obtaining a 'leaked' or 'cracked' version of PJ64 1.7 off a torrent site I wouldn't advise it since there have been fake and/or old versions leaked out with malware and other nasty software included.

If you're going to do it anyway just make sure the file is clean. There's nothing worse than having to reinstall an operating system and reload any software and/or settings that were installed.

squall_leonhart
9th June 2009, 10:22 AM
So there you have it ^_^

egrll
9th June 2009, 12:29 PM
Netplay for PJ64 1.7 is planned as far as I am aware but there are no guarantees that it will make it into the final release.

The reason an older version of PJ64 has netplay support is because that version was modified by hotquik. The modifications hotquik made were a bit unstable though and the emulator tended to hang or become out of sync in certain situations. As Squall stated that version is called PJ64k, Project 64 Kaillera, and is based off Project 64 1.4.

As for obtaining a 'leaked' or 'cracked' version of PJ64 1.7 off a torrent site I wouldn't advise it since there have been fake and/or old versions leaked out with malware and other nasty software included.

If you're going to do it anyway just make sure the file is clean. There's nothing worse than having to reinstall an operating system and reload any software and/or settings that were installed.

Thanks for the info.
I had no plans on downloading v.1.07. I was just wondering if such hard work got leaked, that's all. I was also was interested in seeing if somebody took something and did their own thing with it. From what I read, it just sounds like there's lots of bad things added to it. =[
I'm still wondering about the whole downloading thing though. You pay, get to download it as much as you want and that's it? Wouldn't that mean people could share the hard work out to others after somebody's downloaded it?

HatCat
9th June 2009, 05:55 PM
When you are signed in you can download the beta. The download is unique to your user account. These exceptions provide information that can be used to see if you are a valid member.

A lot of contributions were made with this one, but there are other emulators supporting NetPlay.

egrll
10th June 2009, 02:12 AM
When you are signed in you can download the beta. The download is unique to your user account. These exceptions provide information that can be used to see if you are a valid member.

A lot of contributions were made with this one, but there are other emulators supporting NetPlay.

Could you tell me these other emulators, that's if it's not against the rules of this forum to be talking about other emulation? I'm new to all of this, but I'm willing to learn much. =] Thanks.

HatCat
10th June 2009, 02:47 AM
Mupen64, 1964, and Nemu64 support NetPlay.

For Mupen64k there is a download for Windows hosted here.
http://www.goldeneyeonline.com/

egrll
10th June 2009, 05:38 AM
Mupen64, 1964, and Nemu64 support NetPlay.

For Mupen64k there is a download for Windows hosted here.
http://www.goldeneyeonline.com/

Just wow. I had no idea just how big this whole N64 emulation was. =]