PDA

View Full Version : Audio issues

brassnuts
12th June 2009, 03:39 PM
Hi there Pj64 users,

I downloaded the 1.6 version of pj64 and a few roms, namely, paper mario, mario 64, and majoras mask. I have also added several plugins for some trial and erroring. My system specs are :

Xp SP3
Dx9.0c
7900gtx
Athlon 64 3000+
2gb DDR

My issue is with audio only. I have run all the games trying all the different plugins to no avail. Graphically all 3 games i tried have worked 100% perfectly. No glitches whatsoever. The audio however is constantly stuttering in a similar fashion on all the games. I have tried syncing the game to the sound which didnt actually seem to affect the sound at all??? The closest i got was using zilmars plugin with buffering turned up to max. Unfortunately tho the sound was still unbearable. Checking task manager whilst running pj64 i notice no cpu or memory hogging, in fact, its not even using 10% of the cpu or memory at any one time. The same stuttering occurs whichever audio plugin i use. I have tried HLE and LLE plugins also.
I have onboard sound - realtek HD - with the most recent drive update.

Any help would be vastly appreciated as i would like to spend some time getting into some of the old classic games i loved so much. I never managed to get 120 stars! Nor have i played Majoras Mask at all!

Thanks in advance

brassnuts
12th June 2009, 04:40 PM
Problem solved........

My sound acceleration was at minimum in dxdiag........