PDA

View Full Version : More suport for games like resident evil 2?

drwhojan
3rd October 2008, 03:38 PM
Will they be more suport for games like resident evil 2?, Im not sure of the tec issues, But this must be the only game that i have problems with for sound and graphics also video

Any glad to see your site up and runing!, Hope 1.7 officel is out soon!

HatCat
4th October 2008, 12:42 AM
In the future zilmar claims focus on the popular games or those with most popular issues between games.

This is one of those games. Particularly accuracy progress has been made. I'm not sure on the limits of answering questions on beta progress, but very many games have issues talked about by many users.

zilmar
4th October 2008, 01:38 AM
Will they be more suport for games like resident evil 2?, Im not sure of the tec issues, But this must be the only game that i have problems with for sound and graphics also video

res evil 2, at some stage I would like to work out what the issues are with this game and is it possible to fix them. Just not in my short term goals. If fixing another game helps with this .. that is always possible.

Any glad to see your site up and runing!, Hope 1.7 officel is out soon!

Not likely any time soon .. maybe sometime in the next 2 years.

mudlord
4th October 2008, 02:46 AM
res evil 2, at some stage I would like to work out what the issues are with this game and is it possible to fix them. Just not in my short term goals. If fixing another game helps with this .. that is always possible.

Main issues are the RSP/audio timing issues (MusyX audio) and depth issues in Jabo's plugin.

Though IIRC, the sound is much better in the current beta than 1.6....

drwhojan
4th October 2008, 01:18 PM

I can olny fixs some problem using my old voodoo 2 card it also helps with the sound, But i supose that it has to be moved on from using old video cards lol!.

TyberZannxxxx
6th October 2008, 08:41 PM
Resident Evil 2 works fine! The default graphics plugins just can't display the FMVs.

waisl
8th October 2008, 11:23 AM
The video of re2 will be all right when using glidehq plugins, and the music can also be well using either Jabo_dsound or AziAudio. The only problem is the speak voice can't be heard in the game.

I think this wouldn't be a big problem to be fixed. After all mupen64 can emulate the speak very well. However, the image will be crashed in some place with mupen64.

Wish re2 can be perfectly emulated soon:)

HatCat
9th October 2008, 12:35 AM
Resident Evil 2 (E) and BioHazard 2 (J) have the character voices. The USA version doesn't.

Videos show on Glide64, but some accuracy progress has been made on Jabo's plugin as well. There's a nice sci-fi look in the software rasterization feature.

All of you forgot the geometry depth compare. If you play for a while you'll see the wrong objects in front of others, and it is distracting. Only Glide64 with Zeckensac's wrapper is known to fix this.

FlotsamX
13th October 2008, 07:00 AM

Heh, I remembered a few years back when you said it would be released early 2008 at the absolute latest. Oh well, it's just nice to see you're still working on it.

squall_leonhart
13th October 2008, 08:49 AM
Life happens.

SGi
13th October 2008, 08:50 AM
Heh, I remembered a few years back when you said it would be released early 2008 at the absolute latest. Oh well, it's just nice to see you're still working on it.
there is something that's called real life you know, besides the next ver will be more likely a 2.0 rather than 1.7 :)

drwhojan
13th October 2008, 02:53 PM

No chance of updates beta versions?, A taste lol!

HatCat
14th October 2008, 12:29 AM
The term was "around 2008", but that does not matter. He probably meant that differently than first thought.

It would seem "beta versions" have been updated, but the layout for site improvements is finished. Which means beta development since some time is continued...whatever was done to resolve the real life "distractions"