PDA

View Full Version : Project 64 1.7 with GameEx


321liftoff
8th July 2009, 12:00 PM
Had 1.6 working with GameEx. I put 1.7 in the same directory with the same GameEx settings. When I launch a rom from GameEx, it goes to 1.7 and shows an error "Attempt to open file failed."

What settings in GameEx should there be for launching 1.7?

Or another way to ask: What's the proper command-line syntax for 1.7?

squall_leonhart
8th July 2009, 12:28 PM
there is no set comand line syntax yet as there is no 100% released version of 1.7.

syntax is subject to change.

321liftoff
8th July 2009, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the reply, Squall.

Do you know what the command-line syntax for the latest released binary of 1.7 is (from memory, is it 1.7.0.49?)

321liftoff
8th July 2009, 11:33 PM
Another finding...

If I put quotes around the rom name (since it has spaces in it) or rename the rom to take out the spaces, a new error message pops up:

"Failed to open Eeprom"

While this error message is displayed, "Emulation Started" is displayed in the status bar at the bottom of the Project64 window. When I click OK on the error message, "*** CPU PAUSED ***" is displayed on the status bar. Then I click 'End Emulation' on the file menu. At this point:

1) The name of the rom is in the title bar of the window
2) the window is all white with no rom listing, even though the rom directory has roms in it
3) "Emulation Ended" is shown on the status bar
4) When I click 'Start Emulation' the rom starts just fine.
5) when I stop emulation, the window is all black

This is using WinXP SP3 with Project64 1.7.0.49 executable with all the plugin updates from the beta page.

321liftoff
8th July 2009, 11:39 PM
If I use quotes (or rename the rom to not have spaces) with the 1.7.0.10a release, it works correctly.

I'd try various other combinations, but http://www.pj64-emu.com/ is broken.

Edit: The syntax I'm using is <executablepath> <rompath>

rabidpuppy
11th July 2009, 12:09 AM
I have also just updated from Project64 1.6 to 1.7, you just need to put quotes around your

[ROMPath]\[ROMFile]

in the GameEx advanced config emu setup, for the emu command line. That fixed it for me (I also had to downgrade the input plugin back to 1.6, no 1.7 version would work 100% for me).

Try that and if you still have issues I will post my working GameEx setup for 1.7.