UltraG4m3rR225
13th July 2009, 12:56 AM
I have this YouTube account
http://www.youtube.com/UltraGamer225
and i would like to record gameplay since i am an LP-er
So AVI recording would be nice

HatCat
13th July 2009, 02:38 AM
For now it is at least still possible just not internally implemented.
From my current understanding, it would probably be better to make an internal video capture feature work with a custom specific format based on the fact that the system is being emulated...and then some tool for converting it to a more raster format like AVI.

Recorders like Camtasia or FRAPS should work fine.

jmf145
14th July 2009, 07:44 AM
For any screen recording your probably going to need a a dual core processor and a fast hard drive. Also, I have heard good things about BB FlashBack:
http://www.bbsoftware.co.uk/BBFlashBack_FreePlayer.aspx

squall_leonhart
14th July 2009, 03:32 PM
processes can only work up to a specific percentage of the processor,

it is best keeping avi recording out of the emulator, and sticking to fraps and various other tools.

wildgoosespeeder
14th July 2009, 05:49 PM
Built-in AVI recording would be nice because it would get rid of possible studdering compared to using an on-screen recorder program and using 320x240 windowed resolution for Project64. Right now, CamStudio (http://camstudio.org/) is the best solution.

Gir489
15th July 2009, 08:47 PM
FRAPS is what I use to record anything faster than 30FPS that's being rendered.

Casperbrown
29th May 2014, 01:20 PM
My Screen Recorder is one of the best screen recording tools. Records your screen and audio from the speakers or your voice from the microphone - or both simultaneously. It's easy to use, and the recordings look great. Use the region recording to capture just the 320x240 window. Low cpu usage for lag free game recording.

the_randomizer
30th May 2014, 05:46 AM
nVidia Shadowplay seems to be very stable and has no impact on performance, works well in full screen, MPEG4, up to 50 mbps bitrate and good compression.

jump_ace
5th July 2014, 06:36 PM
I guess fraps would be a good workaround. I was hoping to record directly too, o well.

Jerome

LegoManIAm94
21st September 2015, 07:09 PM
I use Fraps for my screenshots and recording videos. Works fine for me!

aaronmayne
5th October 2015, 02:35 PM
Open Broadcaster Software records your screen beautifully. That's the software that most Twitch streamers use (aside from xsplit).

DixieKongJD
10th January 2016, 07:46 AM
This is a bump but oh well.
---------
Although it is possible to use such things as OBS, Camtasia, etc. in-emulator AVI recording is also a good idea, especially for things like recording the game better quality, or other stuff like that...
Speaking of OBS I couldn't get it to show the PJ64 window.

DanielG
23rd March 2016, 06:32 AM
I see no one has posted an answer, there is an alternative n64 emulator that you guys can use that has built in AVI recording, Mupen64 ReRecording, it even has movie recording based on inputs, if that's your thing.

the_randomizer
24th March 2016, 03:50 PM
Shadowplay works if you have a decent GPU.