PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Stadium

Gilgameish
4th October 2008, 06:34 PM
Simple question, probably asked a dozen times but I'll try. Will there ever be a way I can load a GB *.sav file into Pokemon Stadium? I have the carts sure but I dislike using them due to limited save battery and a adaptoid is a expense I don't need.

HatCat
4th October 2008, 06:40 PM
Have you tried the transfer pak through N-Rage's controller plugin?

Options, Settings...
Controller Plugin: N-Rage's DirectInput8 V2 1.82

Options, Configure Controller Plugin...
Controller Pak: Transfer Pak

Gilgameish
6th October 2008, 05:50 PM
I love you ok? I can't test it now because my GB games are on my external HD, man this is something I've been wanting for months but because of all the "Pokemon n00bs" I assumed it had been asked a million times.
If I don't reply again assume all went well!

squall_leonhart
7th October 2008, 06:32 PM
get the latest nrage plugin, the one bundled with 1.6 has some bugs in mbc support.

Gilgameish
8th October 2008, 12:03 AM
Thanks fellow final fantasy fan!

squall_leonhart
8th October 2008, 12:14 AM
v2.1 RC3 is the latest.

Smiff_
8th October 2008, 12:38 AM
we should probably provide this plugin or make it more obvious that there's an update.. i will do something about this.
can someone provide link to latest (fixed) download location please

squall_leonhart
8th October 2008, 12:48 AM
http://www.randomwisdom.com/files/NRage_DInput8_V2_2.1_rc3.zip

not exactly where i'd like the current code to be... was hoping to get a decompression library into it so that gb carts could be loaded from zip files, but works far better then 1.8 did on a number of points.

ninmario4life
8th October 2008, 02:14 AM
Hi i have project 64 1.6 and RDB & GameFAQ v1.6.016 update installed.now i downloaded that n rage rc3 plugin put it in the plugins folder within the project 64 program folder so i open up project 64 go to the settings then as soon as i click settings... i get a ''this application has failed to start because msvcp70.dll was not found.re-installing the application may fix this problem.'' error box so i click ok then another error box pops up saying ''failed to load plugin: C:\program files\project 64 1.6\plugin\nrage_dinput8_v2_2.1.dll'' now im guessing the 2nd failed load plugin box came up because it said the msvcr70.dll was missing in the first warning box so i figuare hmmm ill just google the msvcr70.dll and download it and put it in the plugin folder of the project 64 program folder and it should fix the error well i download it from http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvcr70 and put it in the plugin folder where the nrage rc3 .dll is start up the emulater go and click on settings and bam the same error boxes pop up!now i dont get it i put the missing msvcr70.dll in the plugin folder with the nrage .dll so why am i still getting this error?

HatCat
8th October 2008, 02:49 AM
Put it with PROJEC~1.EXE. It isn't loaded in the Plugin folder.

zilmar
8th October 2008, 02:50 AM
dll has to be in the .exe directory

squall_leonhart
8th October 2008, 10:49 PM
installing the .net 2.0 runtime will also fix this.

ninmario4life
8th October 2008, 10:49 PM
moved it there and i get the same message

ninmario4life
8th October 2008, 10:52 PM
microsoft .net framework 2.0 service pack 1 is already installed along with all of the window updates.

ninmario4life
8th October 2008, 11:01 PM
so i dont get why i am still getting this error

HatCat
9th October 2008, 12:41 AM
Project64 1.6 and MSVCR70.DLL are in the same directory.

Given that if you still get the error on loading MSVCR70.DLL the file isn't right...maybe the module version.

squall_leonhart
9th October 2008, 02:45 AM
Project64 1.6 and MSVCR70.DLL are in the same directory.

Given that if you still get the error on loading MSVCR70.DLL the file isn't right...maybe the module version.

nvm, im wrong, MSVCR70 is a component of .net 1.1, and MSVCR71 is a component of .net 1.1 sp1

ninmario4life
9th October 2008, 11:36 PM
ok i got rid of the error i needed msvcr and msvcp .dll files i put them in the main folder now the error is gone and im able to configuare my controller and everything.now how do i use my data from my gameboy games with pokemon staidium 1 and 2 to use my pokemon in the n64 games?1 thing is i know is i have to browse for the rom and save.

squall_leonhart
10th October 2008, 02:17 AM
that should be explained in the help file that accompanies the plugin.

Dark Snake
13th October 2008, 04:33 PM
change ur controller plugin to N-rage latest version change the pak to transfer pack and u needa gba emulator and rom and is rom files that put gba rom file gba color game and sav file found in the gba rom file(unzipped)

Porsche911C
20th December 2008, 04:11 PM
OK, I know this thread is a little old, but I've got a new question. I've got an adapter that is N64 to USB so I can use a real N64 controller with PJ64 (I included a picture of it). I've also got a real transfer pak with a copy of Pokemon Red in it and I'm wondering if there is any way to use the data from my Pokemon Red through the transfer pak with Pokemon Stadium.

squall_leonhart
20th December 2008, 05:55 PM
I believe its only possible with an adaptoid and the nrage plugin.

CA5
20th December 2008, 07:26 PM

How do you know all this stuff? Honestly, you blow me away. Are you good in all areas of I.T? I bet you are... :D

Porsche911C
20th December 2008, 09:03 PM

Oh, an adaptoid? So in other words, it's not possible cause you can't find one anywhere! :(

Breadwinka
21st December 2008, 05:47 AM
Oh, an adaptoid? So in other words, it's not possible cause you can't find one anywhere! :(

no use the nrage plugin or the adaptoid plugin.

Nrage
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=12136
Adaptoid
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=11798

try those.