PDA

View Full Version : Using controller online

Moohaumed
24th July 2009, 06:20 PM
I'm using KVE because I have vista. I just managed to get the controller to work with KVE. The sensitivity, and C buttons started working when I chose the N-range graphics plugin instead of Jabo's direct 3D8. However, when I try to start an online game, my controller won't move. If I am the host of a game, I can move, but my opponent cannot. Everything works fine with a keyboard, and works fine with a controller offline.

Any suggestions?

HatCat
24th July 2009, 10:01 PM
During NetPlay all members should use the same controller plug-in if they use Project64k.

Moohaumed
24th July 2009, 10:04 PM
ok, but N-range is the only one that works for my controller. Any ideas on how to get Jabo's direct to work?

HatCat
25th July 2009, 12:24 AM
That depends how it doesn't work.
On the other hand, N-Rage's plug-in is decent. You could set up organized opponents to all use this. If they use the plug-in, too, that gives them control.

For Jabo's DirectInput if you're not using a keyboard I doubt I can help. I never cared to buy some controller adapter; I guess I'm just too lazy to make things easier for myself. Real issues should be easier to see and report anyway.

Moohaumed
25th July 2009, 01:56 AM
I thought of that myself. From what I can see, asking around people on the Kaillera rooms, people using a keyboard have to use Jabo direct or they get the same problems. How it doesn't work is, I can't assign the C buttons. They're just not detected, the analog stick goes really slow, and it only has one speed and doesn't detect sensitivity.

Mupen works flawlessly on and offline for me. It too uses the N-range input plugin. On this program, you can actually adjust the sensitivity of the buttons, as well as the analog stick. I don't want to use that though because it's too difficult to find other users that use this emulator.

I think it's safe to say that the problem is with the controller plugin. If anyone knows a lot about Jabo's direct, N-range, and controller configuration please let me know.

Moohaumed
27th July 2009, 11:30 PM
Update:

I've had a couple of successes, wasn't able to determine if the other players were using the N-range plugin. I would estimate my success to failure ratio to be around 1:15 on a good day. It takes at least a good half hour to get a game going.

HatCat
28th July 2009, 01:37 AM
For the sensitivity issue back when you were using Jabo's DirectInput7 1.6 if you go Options/Configure Controller Plugin... does the deadzone slider option help?

Moohaumed
28th July 2009, 02:34 AM
The slide is at 0%.

I managed to get around the analog sensitivity issue using xpadder, but it's a pain to open it every time, and the C buttons aren't detected with the program.