PDA

View Full Version : Can't access Beta Forums

the_randomizer
5th October 2008, 12:10 AM
Hey, I'm trying to access the PJ64 1.7b forums and I have been able to for the past month or so (I even donated) and ever since yesterday, when I log in with the right username/password, a window pops up and says "You are not authorized to access this area" or something to that effect. What the crap?!

mudlord
5th October 2008, 12:13 AM
Don't fret.

The forums will be backed up so you can see them. Plus, let zilmar know of that site bug.

the_randomizer
5th October 2008, 12:15 AM
Ah, my bad...Wasn't sure if I did anything wrong or not, so, maybe I should PM him...?

HatCat
5th October 2008, 12:16 AM
Does it say "Login" or "Logout" at the top-right?

Smiff_
5th October 2008, 12:45 AM
if anyone has login problems don't panic, zilmar is changing things around so it will be resolved.. its just tech issues - you haven't been kicked out!
please use the contact us form if you can't login for several days! (don't make another account please)

zilmar
5th October 2008, 01:05 AM
Hey, I'm trying to access the PJ64 1.7b forums and I have been able to for the past month or so (I even donated) and ever since yesterday, when I log in with the right username/password, a window pops up and says "You are not authorized to access this area" or something to that effect. What the crap?!

These are the new forum for beta users ... the username and password to access this forum is the same as the main site.

clean your cookies for the site, see if that fixes the problem.

the_randomizer
5th October 2008, 02:12 PM
Well, looks like clearing the cookies fixed the issue; huh! Never thought they would create such a problem, but, now I know...thanks!

HatCat
5th October 2008, 02:34 PM
Well I still run into your issue now and then, but after clearing all of my cookies the message still pops up ocassionally. To me it's always seemed random, and the navigation bar at the top should give you the beta member navigation options regardless of whether you get the message as long as you're despite appearances logged in.

the_randomizer
7th October 2008, 03:17 PM
Yeah, clearing the cookies in Firefox helps me when it happens.

zilmar
7th October 2008, 07:13 PM
Well I still run into your issue now and then, but after clearing all of my cookies the message still pops up ocassionally. To me it's always seemed random, and the navigation bar at the top should give you the beta member navigation options regardless of whether you get the message as long as you're despite appearances logged in.

Beta menu is there now logged in or not, just the beta downloads is what appears/dissapears.

I got to try to get the problems you see happen to me so I can work out how to fix them. Tho I am going to be working on the emu more then the site for a little bit.

HatCat
7th October 2008, 11:18 PM
I will have to experiment with clearing cookies until then since I have only tested that once honestly.

ExtremeDude2
14th April 2012, 02:30 AM
I lol'd