PDA

View Full Version : Possible High Quality Picture or HD?

master guns 244
24th July 2009, 09:40 PM
if willing people could modify games to make them able to be played in high quality or possibly HD.:D:cool::)

HatCat
24th July 2009, 09:42 PM
Games have been retextured.
http://www.emutalk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=110

Currently beta version upcoming for Project64 (or 1.7) also supports texture replacement.

squall_leonhart
26th July 2009, 10:16 AM
redundant thread is redundant..... and stupid.

f0xh4x0r
31st July 2009, 11:30 PM
Its not just as simple as you think. The texture replacements are a good by-fix however.

Thank you squall for another pointless post squall, have you done everyone a favor and out yourself yet?

squall_leonhart
1st August 2009, 09:37 AM
stop trolling me, my circle of friends can make life for you very difficult.

Truth Unknown
2nd August 2009, 07:08 AM
You know squall, you never did explain why it was redundant even though it is somewhat obvious and the previous post did have some kind of explanation. Also you shouldn't resort into making more problems, even if its to retaliate.

f0xh4x0r, squall is a contributing member to the community, although he does go out of his way to make a point. Even if he doesn't explain himself, he does mean well mostly.

squall_leonhart
2nd August 2009, 08:37 AM
mostly..... heh

It just gets insanely crazy when its clear that newbs haven't hit google before asking a question thats explained by 90+ sites.

Zeth Alkar
4th August 2009, 01:21 AM
mostly..... heh

It just gets insanely crazy when its clear that newbs haven't hit google before asking a question thats explained by 90+ sites.

I actually agree with Squall on this, Having the same newbs ask the same questions over and over again that they can find easily via google or EVEN IN THE SAME THREAD their asking it about. It gets really irritating that they don't do any research first, everyone just want things to be handed to them on a silver platter. :/

Darren
10th September 2009, 10:52 AM
mostly..... heh

so maybe hes new and asked a question, lol isnt this forum a friendly place, he asked a simple question someone linked to a site and you drag him down.

be nice lol.

ChainsawDoctor
16th September 2009, 12:08 AM
stop trolling me, my circle of friends can make life for you very difficult.

u mad!?!?!

HatCat
17th September 2009, 02:32 AM
stop trolling me, my circle of friends can make life for you very difficult.u mad!?!?!

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/3453/circlem.png

Stewie
21st September 2009, 11:10 PM
i dont like using texture mods, make the games unoriginal like.

its easy to make pj64 HD, all you do is select a high resolution like 1920x1200 and apply anti-aliasing, you could use the rice plugins and use HQx4 and make it awesome

HatCat
22nd September 2009, 12:09 AM
There are better substitutes, but I'll say the same.
I just don't do any filtering; I don't want anti-aliasing or anything.

For JPEG screenshots those distortions may complement, but as far as replaying through a game entirely, I want to dwell in memory without some retexture or whatever. I really don't want to see what someone else makes of a game's graphics, even if it is certain improvement.

Though I retextured Virtual Chess, because the new chess set looks awesome, black and white classic and original. Their ugly, brown and tan old-school texturing sucked, with some textures coming from compressed JPEG. The whole game could have used some touching up.
I also wanted to retexture Gauntlet Legends, since that's not really a game about memory as much. The way I remember that game, a retexture would be an interesting project there.

squall_leonhart
22nd September 2009, 09:57 AM
i dont like using texture mods, make the games unoriginal like.

its easy to make pj64 HD, all you do is select a high resolution like 1920x1200 and apply anti-aliasing, you could use the rice plugins and use HQx4 and make it awesome

http://emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=45875&page=128

Stewie
7th October 2009, 05:20 PM
Running in 1080p isnt really true HD as its stretching the internal resolution of the N64 to fill the screen.

what if there was an option were you can double the n64s internal resolution similar to what you can do in Gsdx and pete's Opengl2 plug-in.

HatCat
8th October 2009, 12:22 AM
Um I think internal resolution is just a setting at which graphics were designed, though it is also a default screen size.

You can change the in-game screen size or aspect ratio as well, but redesigning the graphics for higher resolutions is, well, what they do.

I don't want to be quoted on that, but if the idea I take is right, those methods in reference for the PSX plug-ins are probably of similar, non relation.

Stewie
8th October 2009, 11:09 AM
Um I think internal resolution is just a setting at which graphics were designed, though it is also a default screen size.

You can change the in-game screen size or aspect ratio as well, but redesigning the graphics for higher resolutions is, well, what they do.

I don't want to be quoted on that, but if the idea I take is right, those methods in reference for the PSX plug-ins are probably of similar, non relation.

Put increasing the internal resolution of the Psx makes a huge diffrence

Setting the internal resolution higher would bring out the details to texture mods, specially when they are hi-res. you wouldn't make a 1024x1024 texture for a game that tuns at 320x240.

Gsdx + PCSX Reloaded
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/7642/512x240.jpg
Normal

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9769/2048x960.jpg
Internal Resolution Quadrupled

HatCat
8th October 2009, 03:33 PM
They're just different vectors; those screens don't automatically indicate a change in "internal resolution". Most plug-ins can do vector re-size and change the resolution of the emulator window.
Actually the first screen could be more accurate.

Like I said my idea is that the "internal resolution" is just a description--not a constant or a variable: If it's not a symbol for the screen drawing size (like what you can change in third settings tab in Jabo's configuration), it's just a label we give for the size for which the textures were designed for, maybe also a reference for the geometry design.

And texture design well there is replacement for that currently.