PDA

View Full Version : Kaillera!

Vortex099
5th October 2008, 07:06 PM
Ever heard of Kaillera, the Emulator online play plugin? Please impliment that!

HatCat
5th October 2008, 07:15 PM
That's a long-term goal because of the needs to improve the emulator first to prevent malsynchronization. The hacked Project64k for Kaillera was of version 1.4 and very buggy. Nemu64 was slow but used it. 1964 has pretty good synchronization but isn't stable.

The only emulator that had NetPlay worked on it that was ready for it under professional notice was Mupen64, but that project dissolved into the future.

squall_leonhart
7th October 2008, 06:29 PM
Actually, i have to say this, but screw kaillera, its a dead systen which although having a number of security faults, has not seen very much development attention in years.

It would be better to implement a inhouse netplay design. I had a few ideas regarding that a few years back but i never wrote them down anywhere, but a setup similar to dukonnector would be good.

zilmar
7th October 2008, 07:27 PM
I have ideas what I want for netplay I will look at kaillera when it comes to that. If it is not what I want then I will write my own. I need to get other things working well in the emu first before I consider netplay But saying that a lot of the design goals is in part to get rid of the errors that netplay will face now.

for example with the way the settings are getting redesigned it means the synchronization of settings should be easier. I do not need to go through out the code to work out if your in netplay or normal mode to work out how to get a setting.