5th October 2008, 07:28 PM
hello all

im running project64 1.6 with - jabo's direct3d8 1.6
- azimer's audio v0.40 beta 2
- jabo's direct input7 1.6

p4 3.00ghz
ati x1950 pro agp
2.5 gig memory

i love playing project64, and i am getting an adaptoid soon :)
however some games have errors like goldeneye has no sky and rayman 2 wont work at all - excite bike 64 has loads of errors and space station silicon valley

is it because, when these games were ripped, they did not rip well ?
or is it project 64 ?
or is it plugin issue's

any help and information would be great

HatCat
5th October 2008, 08:18 PM
The following resource imposes correct judgments upon the sensitivity of memory-plugin emulation combinations for games.
http://bmgcl.emuxhaven.net/n64mgcl/N64ConfigList.htm

Coincidentally the most famous emulator is not perfect and falls under this list. In fact an emulator is never perfect, but that's a separate thought.

The instances you mentioned are common examples of what many users want to see fixed because very few if any combinations fix them. Most difficulties and challenges for games fall under the graphics plugin.

Not-well rips? Most downloads are verified good dumps, and the usual case of a bad dump is when the person dumps the image that one's self from the cartridge directly.

Currently two (technically three) graphics plugins will show GoldenEye's sky, and Excitebike 64 works best with a graphics plugin not affiliated with Project64. I actually haven't tested the other games yet.

TaminoBR
7th December 2008, 11:02 PM
I would like to inform about another game that doesn't run well on PJ1.6 (I don't know the problem has been solved in PJ1.7).

The game is Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon. It is such a simple game compared to others that run really well on the emulator, but it runs really slow. Why is that?

HatCat
7th December 2008, 11:08 PM
http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=141

squall_leonhart
8th December 2008, 02:16 AM
Sky appears to be rendered in LLE.