Project64 Forums

Project64 Forums (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/index.php)
-   Site News (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Project64 Settings (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=77)

zilmar 17th September 2008 01:57 AM

Project64 Settings

I am redoing all the internals and the UI around settings. One thing I think should be dropped is the shell integration. Unless I am wrong and please tell me if I am this is a feature that is basically never used? What do people think about the simple/advanced settings .. Any new settings people would like? Suggestions on layout, etc .. if you have any thoughts this is the best time to give a suggestion since I am working on it.
Some of the things planned:
  • When updating some configuration for a game, it will update the cfg file instead of the rdb. That way I can always often a reset back to original settings.
  • Being able to set plugins for individual
  • Removal of shell integration
  • Change the settings configuration UI to a tree list of pages instead of a tab list as it currently is (to be able to offer more pages and better organized) current version is running out of space.
  • Bold the setting that have been changed so you can easily see what is different.

Hopefully I will be able to achieve what is above, but happy to hear any other suggestions.

Anonymous 17th September 2008 01:57 AM

written by UberPubert69

Yeah the shell intergration is unused at least to me. it would be pretty neat if you could have the boxart for the roms in the romslist. yay 1st comment!

written by UberPubert69

also the settings that your changing are awesome! hope your kid is doing well ;)

written by UberPubert69

btw will the next Project64 emulator be released to the public, or releasing the beta downloads to the public?

Breadwinka 17th September 2008 01:57 AM

this for now we will assume its for project 64 beta and to let you know 1.7 is far more unstable then 1.6.

written by UberPubert69

oh, that kinda sucks if you mean u need to donate for his next build. i would if i could but i dont own a credit card and am only 15.

legend 17th September 2008 01:57 AM

Exciting to hear the new Zilmar!!! The only thing I would add is to suggest you simply/reduce the amount of settings that really don't ever need to be adjusted or do virtually nothing: SP Hack, Delay SI Interrupt,etc. The ini can always be adjusted worst case scenerio.
Also, ditch shell integration and whatever else you deem unneccessary. That way you won't need a toggle for advanced or not. You can just have something nice in the middle. I have no idea if most people use this toggle but I can't really image they do.

Tooltips would be nice but very time consuming. I think I would rather you dedicate your time elsewhere.;)

Don't forget to fix the recompiler issue with the beta & Beetle Racing if you can! :)

written by Metatron

Wait new release for public user. :D

written by UberPubert69

ok sweet ;D

Anonymous 17th September 2008 01:58 AM

written by Jhon

A hole new look would be nice, Vista stile mabe for 2008!

Anonymous 17th September 2008 03:11 AM

written by Calculon64

Oh my God
Just learning that you are working on a new release brings joy. Thank you so much for your work in the emulation scene. This is the only N64 emulator worth trying. I just can't wait for it. You doing a great thing for all us and we all thank you for it. I hope your family is doing great. Don't blink for a second, that baby is going to grow up fast. I have two small boy and feels like they were born yesterday. Can't wait to play my favorite games with them.

Take care.

Anonymous 17th September 2008 05:18 AM

written by Trojan

I agree these emulators are great! but they usually use the same dull windows look. But I would just concetrate on compatibility of games. Also getting project 1.7 relesed to the public would be nice ;D

Anonymous 17th September 2008 07:54 AM

written by Andypc

Would a lack of shell intergration effect people using Project 64 with a front-end. I use Mamewah and run Project 64 with command lines. This is the only way in an Arcade Cabinet.

Anonymous 17th September 2008 07:58 AM

written by Adam

Compatibility would be top of my list - games like Turok (seeing through walls when right up close, etc)
Next would be the clock in the corner like zsnes and maybe a fps display that makes sense! At the end of day, I just would like to be able to play most games perfectly and keep an eye on the time, before my wife busts me! Thanks for all your hard work thus far and pls long may it continue on the best N64 emu thus far! ps. post your paypal address and I will give a gift to your new baby son - Adam

Anonymous 17th September 2008 10:44 AM

written by UberPubert69

turok does that on a real nintendo 64 so its cant be fixed.

Anonymous 17th September 2008 11:25 AM

written by Lollapalooza

I think the highest priority should be playability...focus on games with serious glitches (i.e. pokemon snap, etc) if you can make every game 100% playable, matched to the console, isnt that the ultimate goal of emulation?

mario64 17th September 2008 12:01 PM

If you would approve my account upgrade I'd be glad to provide input on v1.7. I paid yesterday

Anonymous 17th September 2008 12:46 PM

written by drmario

-I don't use the shell integration, doesn't always work too great on vista, I just associate the .n64 extension with pj64 using windows.
-hopefully we see some sort of update soon, I'm not sure which donation method you use now but I just got paypal and that's the only one I trust the security of. Since it's been around a year since the majority of people donated to get 1.7 beta, they shouldn't be too upset if you gave it to us now, at least give us the download, we don't need any of the extra support or anything that the donaters got but I would gladly do my best to contribute by reporting bugs.

Anonymous 17th September 2008 02:23 PM

written by Joe

Wow....you are up off your lazy ass and actually doing some work? I am amazed!

Anonymous 17th September 2008 04:07 PM

written by Raphael

I know that does not have much to do with the topic of the news, but it would be wonderful a Project64 with support for 64-bit CPUs, huh?

mudlord 17th September 2008 11:27 PM

Quote:

Wow....you are up off your lazy ass and actually doing some work? I am amazed!
And I am amazed why you are such a troll. Where's the respect kids have these days????

Anonymous 18th September 2008 05:26 PM

written by xsx

@andrew lackie

Get a better PC. I have yet to have 1.7 crash, and I've played through several games in their entirety... not to mention I'm on vista.

Syagrius 19th September 2008 06:32 AM

If you like his work, donate and that's a fair trade. I did it and can enjoy all the betas coming up. So keep up the good work Zilmar!

I agree that the main goal should be to correct game compatibility, graphic glitches, core stability for every games.

Again, I want to express my thanks fo the great job you have done so far with Project 64 and hope you achieve a near perfect emulation of PJ64.

Also, my little girl is only 1 year and 4 months, and I can say that a baby grows fast! And how wondeful to be a father. You can't imagine what it is before being one. Finally, it does not prevent me from enjoying my hobbies as it probably won't prevent yours Zilmar.

Have a good day!

Syagrius

Anonymous 19th September 2008 12:41 PM

written by julio

Descarga o no esa mierda hijos de lagran puta caras de mi culo cuando recien acabo de cagar hijos de puta caras de verga

Breadwinka 19th September 2008 06:36 PM

@xsx

dude i have a intel q6600 with 4 gigs of ram and 9800gt i think my comp is fine bud.

Anonymous 20th September 2008 06:05 AM

written by Loquendo 555 jajaja

xD ;D jajajaja no veo america kids si estoy diciendo que tengo project version diez y seis 16

Anonymous 22nd September 2008 12:40 AM

written by kyled

nice, yeah get rid of shell integration, it's an unnescesary setting

Anonymous 22nd September 2008 10:31 AM

written by Orson

An Audio Plugin that allows you to dump sounds would be nice.
Just like the Graphics Plugin that allows you to dump textures.

I know this isn't nesessarily an emulator thing, but if someone is reading this that is capable...

Anonymous 22nd September 2008 01:44 PM

written by Marcus

I don't know if it is even possible but a feature to freeze the current scene and dump 3D models as Collada (or some other format) would be the bomb. I'd love to import some of these beautiful low polygon models into Papervision.

Anonymous 23rd September 2008 06:18 AM

written by Rhys

Just wanted to say thanks for your continuing work on this project and congrats on the new family member! :)

Anonymous 23rd September 2008 06:25 AM

written by guest I-8

Thanks for the updates, zilmar!

I never used shell integration, but I think the UI really needs some improvement... I used Mupen 64 once, and the GUI was very cool. Is a skin-changeable interface possible?
Anyway, compatbility first.
And good luck with the family! :D

Anonymous 24th September 2008 06:12 AM

written by kiko

I suggest take a look at all the other emulators out there and their (settings) UI. Combine bits and pieces of what's good and leave out what isn't. Similar to Google's approach with Chrome- combining the best features of the competition. I think P64 already has one of the best UI's out there but of course, there's always room for improvement.

Anonymous 24th September 2008 12:12 PM

written by abner

huecos les voy a enviar un troyano >:(

Anonymous 24th September 2008 02:09 PM

written by kyled

one major feature that would be nice is skins for project 64,
like different styles, then we could choose how pj looks.
anyway keep up the good work.

Kyled.

Anonymous 25th September 2008 11:28 AM

written by Mobou

Hi zilmar, can you make an option to change frame limit value , so we can play PAL games at 60 fps for exemple, thanks for the excellent emulateur.

Anonymous 25th September 2008 03:05 PM

written by PRabbit

I think you should add a registry cleaner to Pj64 and maybe a newsreader.

Anonymous 25th September 2008 05:02 PM

written by UberPubert69

hey Zilmar could you post a comment so we can see what you think of our ideas? ;D

Anonymous 25th September 2008 06:14 PM

written by alejandro

quiero descargar pj 64

squall_leonhart 25th September 2008 09:44 PM

Mobou, 1.7 will allow you to increase the fps, regardless this won't fix the lag on pal games. PRabbit, 1.7 uses vonfig files rather then registry. Skinning? no, useless, The rom browser's style is set. Skins add more points where errors can occur. Audio Dumping is asking for a world of copyright hurt. Beta's will not be released to the public. until atleast the majority of core crashes are solved. I doubt Zilmar would risk his rep by releasing anything that resembles a disaster

squall_leonhart 25th September 2008 09:44 PM

UberPuberty, nothing anyone here suggested is new.