Project64 Forums

Project64 Forums (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/index.php)
-   Site News (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Pj64 vs Windows (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=66)

Anonymous 21st May 2007 11:10 PM

written by Delta Dreamer

"Why not just continue to "support" Win'98 but don't test the platform. If '98 users run into trouble, let them be your beta testers/trouble shooters."

I'm in! This guy has the right idea. I've kept 98SE purring like a kitten since 2002 (cloned across 3 HDDs, and 3 MOBOs). I'm sure other Advanced Users will accept the challenge! Please, restrict Noobs from flaming old dogs, and only let Users who 'know' their OS vote on this subject. Regardless, I will continue to use PJ64 versions 1.4-1.6. Thanks, for the best N64 emulator!

Anonymous 22nd May 2007 11:09 AM

written by J

a linux version would be AMAZING

Anonymous 23rd May 2007 12:55 AM

written by fredobedo

indeed, macosx and linux versions would be super! Those OS are amazing !!

Anonymous 23rd May 2007 11:47 AM

written by David

Yes Windows 2000 support is important! Please don't drop it! It is still the best version of Windows and the only version I will run. A rock solid OS

Anonymous 24th May 2007 06:11 AM

written by Marco

Here's another vote for Linux/Mac as I run a linux server at home and travel with OSX. Choices for N64 emulation on OSX are pretty skimpy, though what there is is not bad.

Anonymous 24th May 2007 10:07 PM

written by Delta Dreamer

"written by Smiff". "because PJ64 has always been a Windows emulator. porting to Linux would be a major task."

No disrespect, but can ya'll read the above quote? I'm sure Linux and Mac OS-X are fine operating systems, but unless someone volunteers to write the appropriate Ports, this is non-discussion, IMHO.

Besides, I believe one of the Dev team members already asked us to keep this focused on 'Windows' versions. Am I correct?

Someone, please correct me if i'm wrong, but won't Vista's lack of support for DirectSound make it difficult to support it AND all of the OSes preceeding it (ie. NT/98/98SE/ME/2000/XP)?

If so, maybe a 'Vista ONLY' sound Plug-in could solve that problem.

Oh yeah, Noobs; this smart "hobo" has Win98SE running on a AMD Athlon 1700 at lightning speed, with PJ64. I suggest you not make asumptions about what can, or can't be done, until you have tried it yourself. Of course, i'm talking to people that suggest a full re-install, when they get a fatal BSOD {sigh}.

Hey Dev team, I think ya'll should focus on the Core emulation, that's what's important. As long as the Plug-in specs remain compatible, I could still use the older Plug-ins with the new Core. Am I wrong?

Anonymous 25th May 2007 09:35 AM

written by Z

Please keep 98 support I'm too poor/cheap to upgrade

Anonymous 25th May 2007 11:31 PM

written by HeadHunter2

Support only:

Windows 2000
Windows XP (fuckoff MCE!)
Windows Vista with Special Sound Plugin

Anonymous 26th May 2007 11:43 PM

written by mmatt

I know it won't do any good, but I'm throwing my lot in with the Linux crowd here, because we need developers to start taking it seriously. It's a growing market, I know I'd donate for a native Linux version.

Anonymous 28th May 2007 10:23 PM

written by Brian Kyuubi no Kitsune

i think you should support xp, windows 2000, vista