Project64 Forums

Project64 Forums (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/index.php)
-   Project 64 - v2.x - Issues (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bad Roms ? (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=2356)

Allagro 25th March 2011 09:39 PM

Bad Roms ?

Ok I've downloaded the lastest version of Project 64 1.7 and everytime I set the rom directory,my roms say in my rom browser "bad roms" . Help :confused:

Natch 25th March 2011 11:40 PM

Please state the rom names.

Allagro 26th March 2011 12:35 AM

The main ones I added were

Super Smash Bros. (U) [!]
Nintendo All-Star! Dairantou Smash Brothers (J) [!]

I even re-downloaded them. Could I be missing files to cause this. I downloaded the latest Project64.rdb from this site and still the problem occurs.

[EDIT]

Quote:

I downloaded the latest Project64.rdb from this site and still the problem occurs.
Now when replace the .rdb file it wants to work. When I did it before it didn't wanna do shit. smh.....
Problem solved

Now it says "Cannot open rom because plugins have not fully initialized."
BTW "initialized" is spelled wrong on the emulator. Just throwing that out there, if you guys plan on fixing spelling errors.

dsx_ 26th March 2011 01:15 AM

correction, its spelled non-american.

Allagro 26th March 2011 01:19 AM

Well u can put it that way xD

I got pictures, and this is windows 7 but with a theme

To show that its legit
http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/y...n/6cae1c18.png

Problem
All plugins are there except the Jabo_dInput plugin. For some reason it doesn't wanna show up in the drop menu. I got every other plugin, and I even tried a different input plugin(nrage) and the problem still occurs.
http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/y...n/9e405d7d.png

Allagro 26th March 2011 03:46 AM

*BUMP*

Anyone here can help me out. I'm starting to feel that I donated for the emulator for no reason. :(

I can't even get the thing to play a rom yet. Can anyone can make me a premade folder or something and see if it'll work out.

1337 26th March 2011 05:49 AM

let me get a screenshot of the plugins folder.

Witten 26th March 2011 08:02 AM

Did you install PJ64 in Program Files?
If so, install it in C:\PJ64 1.7beta for example.

Allagro 26th March 2011 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1337 (Post 26817)
let me get a screenshot of the plugins folder.

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/y...n/f25a99f0.png

Quote:

Originally Posted by Witten (Post 26823)
Did you install PJ64 in Program Files?
If so, install it in C:\PJ64 1.7beta for example.

No, it didn't ask me where to install it. I just clicked on the executable and the emulator just started with a bunch of newly created folders, and I'm suppose to save it there?

[EDIT]
I don't know what running the executable in the root of the C:\ did, but it Started Up!!! :D. I just moved the folder back to my old location and it still runs. However, Jabo_DInput still doesn't show up in the drop menu.

[EDIT]
Now I get a a bunch of graphical errors like no shield, messed up Fox's shine, messed up items, another error when I use cheats that says

Quote:

CN64System::LoadFileImage - Exception caught
File D:\My Programs\Emulation\Project64\Source\Project64\N64\ System\N64Class.cpp
Line: 372

1337 26th March 2011 03:42 PM

Running down my checklist:

1. DirectX up to date?
2. GFX card up to date?
3. Tried a earlier version?

What I've tried is downloading the zip file to the desktop, extracting to the folder name there, and running it.

Allagro 26th March 2011 04:00 PM

It was a bitch but I fixed it. I had to use a early version of jabo_Direct3D8 plugin since the latest one doesn't work that well. Version 1.7.0.56 is the one I'm using. The latest ones don't seem that stable. This one fixes the graphical bugs. Anways....

Thanx guys for all your help.Though I still can't get Jabo_DInput to show up, but thats ok. :)

[EDIT]
Another......problem. They just keep piling up D:<

"while processing graphics data an exception occurred, you made need to restart the emulator"

After I play for a while that keeps showing up, anyone know a solution

ExtremeDude2 26th March 2011 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Korrupshen (Post 26833)
"while processing graphics data an exception occurred, you made need to restart the emulator"

After I play for a while that keeps showing up, anyone know a solution

use a different plugin like glide or rice, jabo's video plugin always does that to me when i'm trying to select a character.

Allagro 27th March 2011 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryancollins (Post 26836)
use a different plugin like glide or rice, jabo's video plugin always does that to me when i'm trying to select a character.

I'm using jabo3d8

ExtremeDude2 27th March 2011 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Korrupshen (Post 26858)
I'm using jabo3d8

Then try rice or glide like I said it WILL work

Allagro 27th March 2011 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryancollins (Post 26885)
Then try rice or glide like I said it WILL work

The only reason I'm using Jabo3d8 the 1.7 version is because I wanna use the 1.7 textures. Rice and Glide is nice, but neither of them runs 1.7 textures. Thats what I'm trying to say.

Mini007 27th March 2011 09:19 PM

Well, If you want the problem to be solved, give us some more info on what you've got for hardware and such so that we can know what may be going on as to why Jabo's plugins aren't working for you.

No info means no solution. You can't read a book in the dark and you can't fix a computer without specs, give us somethin' to chew and we'll tell you how it tastes (metaphorically speaking of course :D).

Any and all specs are welcome to help explain what may be going on, graphics card (brand, manufacturer, driver version, etc.), audio (same deal as graphics), Specific Windows 7 version (x86 or x64, Home Premium or Ultimate, etc.), Other issues going on that MAY be related to your plugin problem (other odd problems in other programs), and anything else you can come up with.

It may be fixable, but it also may not be as of right now. Give us the low down on your rig and we'll brainstorm on what the issue may be!

Allagro 27th March 2011 09:36 PM

System Manufacturer: LENOVO ideapad y550 [laptop]
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPUT6600 @ 2.20GHz (2 CPUs)
RAM: 3 Gigs
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce 240M
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

BTW the plugin works it just after a while of playing a error shows up the one in the previous posts.

ExtremeDude2 27th March 2011 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mini007 (Post 26899)
Well, If you want the problem to be solved, give us some more info on what you've got for hardware and such so that we can know what may be going on as to why Jabo's plugins aren't working for you.

No info means no solution. You can't read a book in the dark and you can't fix a computer without specs, give us somethin' to chew and we'll tell you how it tastes (metaphorically speaking of course :D).

Any and all specs are welcome to help explain what may be going on, graphics card (brand, manufacturer, driver version, etc.), audio (same deal as graphics), Specific Windows 7 version (x86 or x64, Home Premium or Ultimate, etc.), Other issues going on that MAY be related to your plugin problem (other odd problems in other programs), and anything else you can come up with.

It may be fixable, but it also may not be as of right now. Give us the low down on your rig and we'll brainstorm on what the issue may be!

I think that this is a Jabo plugin problem that happens when you select a character no mater what you do

Mini007 27th March 2011 10:39 PM

Hmmm...

How long does it take to occur? I currently have a Lenovo Ideapad Y550P [laptop as well] which isn't far off in specs, has same graphics, core i7 processor, and 4 gigs of memory as of right now.

I haven't experienced this issue as of yet with the Jabo plugins (only got the 1.7 emulator say...1 to 2 hours ago :D) but I may also have some settings put in for windows that you may not.

I want to know if you know what disablelastaccess and disable8dot3 are, if not then they could be part of why the plugins are acting weird. (as other people seem to have a similar issue with windows 7 and I want to find out if they may be the cause)

If you don't know what they are, I'll direct you to another post regarding changing them.

If you do know what they are, I want to know if you changed their values or not from the windows 7 default.

Also, I am using PJ64 beta release V.1.7.0.11 with the following plugins used:

Jabo's Direct3D8 1.7.0.57-ver5, Jabo's DirectSound 1.7, Jabo's DirectInput7 1.7.0.8, RSP Plugin 1.7.0.3 (basically the defaults)

The only game I've tested with PJ64 1.7 has been Mario Party for a brief 30 min or so. (that's why knowing when the error occurs is important to me as of right now)

While I wait for your reply, I'll quickly test SSB (US version at least) in order to see if I encounter the same issue and have my theory blown out of the water or if there's a possibility that I'm right.

Mini007 27th March 2011 11:03 PM

I just tested SSB (US version) and didn't encounter any issues with it (besides fireballs being kinda flat and stuff, general "normal" plugin issues) and definitely not at the character select.

So, there still could be a chance that I'm right, unless the timing and/or settings for the plugins/ROM are different somehow.

ExtremeDude2 28th March 2011 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mini007 (Post 26910)
I just tested SSB (US version) and didn't encounter any issues with it (besides fireballs being kinda flat and stuff, general "normal" plugin issues) and definitely not at the character select.

Use 1.7.0.56 it is better anyway

HatCat 28th March 2011 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Korrupshen (Post 26900)
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce 240M

I don't think that card supports the Direct3D implementation on Jabo's plugin here.

Allagro 28th March 2011 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mini007 (Post 26907)
Hmmm...

How long does it take to occur? I currently have a Lenovo Ideapad Y550P [laptop as well] which isn't far off in specs, has same graphics, core i7 processor, and 4 gigs of memory as of right now.

I haven't experienced this issue as of yet with the Jabo plugins (only got the 1.7 emulator say...1 to 2 hours ago :D) but I may also have some settings put in for windows that you may not.

I want to know if you know what disablelastaccess and disable8dot3 are, if not then they could be part of why the plugins are acting weird. (as other people seem to have a similar issue with windows 7 and I want to find out if they may be the cause)

If you don't know what they are, I'll direct you to another post regarding changing them.

If you do know what they are, I want to know if you changed their values or not from the windows 7 default.

Also, I am using PJ64 beta release V.1.7.0.11 with the following plugins used:

Jabo's Direct3D8 1.7.0.57-ver5, Jabo's DirectSound 1.7, Jabo's DirectInput7 1.7.0.8, RSP Plugin 1.7.0.3 (basically the defaults)

The only game I've tested with PJ64 1.7 has been Mario Party for a brief 30 min or so. (that's why knowing when the error occurs is important to me as of right now)

While I wait for your reply, I'll quickly test SSB (US version at least) in order to see if I encounter the same issue and have my theory blown out of the water or if there's a possibility that I'm right.

Nope, mind if you link me to that post

HatCat 29th March 2011 12:11 AM

http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=1844

Allagro 29th March 2011 12:49 AM

Wait.....what does this have to do with

disable8dot3 & disablelastaccess :confused:

HatCat 29th March 2011 04:40 AM

Your graphics card has little to no support for Jabo's Direct3D, so you have to use a different plug-in.

So those things won't have anything to do with getting the plugin to initialize a device your graphics hardware doesn't support.

Also, I hastily misread his post as referring to another post about changing the plugins, instead of those values.

Mini007 30th March 2011 01:41 AM

Mostly application compatibility is what they are used for. I guess they aren't the issue in this situation (but keep them in your computer tool box for possible older computer application issues). I haven't tested any of the texture packs on jabo's plugins either and dunno if I would run into issues with them.

Also, I think that that the Nvidia 240M should handle Jabo's plugins unless there's something in the specs I'm unaware of :confused:

The 240M should be capable of handling most recent games and DirectX 11, as I am running the GT 240M and it currently is able to do so (though I personally haven't tested anything beyond DirectX 10).

I really just don't know until I experience some issue similar to this one, or the one involving Direct64 that I also posted about. Even my old Geforce 6600 "seems" to handle Jabo's plugins, but I still don't know what issues (beyond slowdowns or crashes) that I should be seeing to confirm that graphics card support or other factors are to blame.

I guess I should test the rest of the plugins and read through the forums a little more thoroughly to see if there is some identifiable problem to this issue, or if someone could slip a little more info under my door explaining this a little more clearly than I currently have been seeing it.

HatCat 30th March 2011 03:23 AM

In theory, it could also be that a minimum version of DirectX isn't installed, to use Direct3D8.

Either way try switching to the Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5.2 plugin instead of Direct3D8 1.6, should be all-around more compatible to check that.

dsx_ 30th March 2011 08:18 AM

geforce 240m supports directx 10.1 and opengl 2.1. shouldnt be any problems whatsoever.

Allagro 30th March 2011 08:06 PM

I think its Jabo3d8 1.7 personally because I have no problems with previous jabo's plugins. Do you guys think downgrading my dx will help, and is Project 64 1.7 even DX11 compatible?

This is the second time it went BSOD on me, and also let me repeat that this is the legit version.

Mini007 30th March 2011 09:43 PM

Hold up, The emulator is causing you to BSOD? I thought your problem was that the emulator was just crashing while you were trying to use Jabo's plugins.

If you are getting BSODs, there must be another factor at work. Did you happen to write down what the BSOD showed as to what created the error? Also, I know from my Y550P that I had to go and remove a boatload of bloatware and disable some of Lenovo's custom devices that were included from the factory installation as they were causing some slight system issues (chkdsk failed to operate every time I tried to use it at boot until those particular devices were disabled. There also could have been other issues, but I have forgotten what they were.)

Also, downgrading your DX version is not possible (at least not through any simple means) and would also serve no purpose in this issue. More likely you should try to update your DX, in case it might not be or if it is missing certain components. Your drivers also should be all up to date (though, even the older ones should be able to handle DirectX 8 successfully).

Until then, I still won't know what the issue could be unless you show what your BSOD said specifically and/or you try to update your DX, drivers, and possibly the other components of windows (you never know, something else altogether may be affecting your DX operations).

squall_leonhart 30th March 2011 10:50 PM

chkdsk has some issues on a vanilla windows 7 install on a laptop regardless.

Mini007 30th March 2011 11:10 PM

I guess that's probably true.

At least for my laptop (even on clean windows 7 x64, not just factory install) I had to go into the device manager and disable the Lenovo slidebar (useless navigation device that only works with Lenovo's driver and software) and Lenovo energy management (equally as useless) to get chkdsk to function again.

On a clean windows installation those two devices appear as unknown devices, but will still create the issue unless they are disabled. They might be on the Y550 (not Y550P, as that's my laptop) and creating problems, but I haven't looked at the Y550 to see if those "features" are present. I dunno if they would interfere with anything else beyond boot-up applications (caused same issue with boot-up defrag from Ultradefrag).

If those are present on his laptop, it might be a good idea to disable them whether they affect PJ64 or not.

Allagro 31st March 2011 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mini007 (Post 27029)
Hold up, The emulator is causing you to BSOD? I thought your problem was that the emulator was just crashing while you were trying to use Jabo's plugins.

If you are getting BSODs, there must be another factor at work. Did you happen to write down what the BSOD showed as to what created the error? Also, I know from my Y550P that I had to go and remove a boatload of bloatware and disable some of Lenovo's custom devices that were included from the factory installation as they were causing some slight system issues (chkdsk failed to operate every time I tried to use it at boot until those particular devices were disabled. There also could have been other issues, but I have forgotten what they were.)

Also, downgrading your DX version is not possible (at least not through any simple means) and would also serve no purpose in this issue. More likely you should try to update your DX, in case it might not be or if it is missing certain components. Your drivers also should be all up to date (though, even the older ones should be able to handle DirectX 8 successfully).

Until then, I still won't know what the issue could be unless you show what your BSOD said specifically and/or you try to update your DX, drivers, and possibly the other components of windows (you never know, something else altogether may be affecting your DX operations).

Its both, the error "while processing graphics data an exception occurred you made need to restart the emulator" keeps coming from Jabo3d8 1.7.0.56 after playing for a while with textures. I'm not using the latest one because of the graphical errors it has and its disability to not be able to go 16:9 like 1.7.0.56 can. The BSOD was some emulator error when I closed the emulator, but it happened without saying the error too. I can't really remember what the error said. I would tell you if I knew how to cause the BSOD again.

I'll try some stuff you guys said on the weekends I'm busy at the moment. One thing I did do for sure was get rid of most of the factory installions.

HatCat 31st March 2011 01:04 AM

Access violation exception is from any of Jabo's D3D8 plugins I think. It can also be extra prone if you use cheats or save states to play the game.

I'm not sure if there is a degree of mass retexturing data that would correlate to an AV exception.

squall_leonhart 31st March 2011 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mini007 (Post 27035)
I guess that's probably true.

At least for my laptop (even on clean windows 7 x64, not just factory install) I had to go into the device manager and disable the Lenovo slidebar (useless navigation device that only works with Lenovo's driver and software) and Lenovo energy management (equally as useless) to get chkdsk to function again.

On a clean windows installation those two devices appear as unknown devices, but will still create the issue unless they are disabled. They might be on the Y550 (not Y550P, as that's my laptop) and creating problems, but I haven't looked at the Y550 to see if those "features" are present. I dunno if they would interfere with anything else beyond boot-up applications (caused same issue with boot-up defrag from Ultradefrag).

If those are present on his laptop, it might be a good idea to disable them whether they affect PJ64 or not.

ok i have to correct myself, the chkdsk issue i was referring to is caused by laptops with IR.

dsx_ 31st March 2011 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squall_leonhart (Post 27057)
ok i have to correct myself

i'll bet that was hard

HatCat 31st March 2011 05:37 PM

http://forum.pj64-emu.com/customavat...atar792_25.gif

lol, anyway, about some of those other plugins not showing up, I forgot that there was a recent report of this in one of the alpha versions, so I'm just curious if using an older beta version also makes a difference, like build 47

:p And that was still noble of sir squall while I didn't take the time to post about how I didn't know wth I was talking about. NVIDIA blah 200 something, it's a 3-digit decimal with yet another one of those damn suffixes that makes a big frekkin' difference every time. Obviously then yeah the person has HDD errors or variants of malware infection.

Allagro 31st March 2011 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconoclast (Post 27068)
Obviously then yeah the person has HDD errors or variants of malware infection.

Are you referring that to me, if so.....I have know I scan my laptop everyday with Microsoft Security Essentials

Natch 1st April 2011 12:44 AM

Pff. Crap.

Spybot or AVG.