Project64 Forums

Project64 Forums (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/index.php)
-   Site News (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Project64 2.0.0.11 (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=3521)

zilmar 26th February 2013 01:24 AM

Project64 2.0.0.11
 
Just letting you know I made the latest alpha in to a beta.

squall_leonhart 26th February 2013 08:31 AM

yay, now everyone can experience the massively increased load times in roms and levels in certain games.

guest86 2nd March 2013 09:44 AM

Wow! That really fast for update to come. Can't wait to see new version of Project 64. Really long time to see. :D

the_randomizer 2nd March 2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squall_leonhart (Post 44322)
yay, now everyone can experience the massively increased load times in roms and levels in certain games.


Which games?

MarathonMan 2nd March 2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Which games?
Supposedly Goldeneye but I haven't tried myself.

squall_leonhart 3rd March 2013 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nintendo1889 (Post 44366)
Which games?

All of them

2.0 Interpreter and 1.7/1.6 Recompiler boot all games faster


GoldenEye lags on the black screen after starting a mission
Majora's Mask has long pauses on the subscreen and before displaying the spinning mask - also mini hangs just after loading a game profile till it the Rec cache settles.

Pretty much every game displays this behavior

honestly, i think the current caching is completely nuked lol.

i get 100% perfect performance with the interpreter, with none of these delays, hangs, pauses.

mudlord_ 3rd March 2013 04:17 AM

at least there is one upside: the interpreter is now perfect.

the_randomizer 3rd March 2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squall_leonhart (Post 44369)
All of them

1.7 Interpreter and 1.6 Recompiler boot all games faster


GoldenEye lags on the black screen after starting a mission
Majora's Mask has long pauses on the subscreen and before displaying the spinning mask - also mini hangs just after loading a game profile till it the Rec cache settles.

Pretty much every game displays this behavior

honestly, i think the current caching is completely nuked lol.

i get 100% perfect performance with the interpreter, with none of these delays, hangs, pauses.

Which is weird, seeing as interpreter is supposed to be "slower", but I noticed that too. Hopefully the dynamic core can be fixed, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

zilmar 3rd March 2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nintendo1889 (Post 44380)
Which is weird, seeing as interpreter is supposed to be "slower", but I noticed that too. Hopefully the dynamic core can be fixed, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

if you turn off the speed limiter then the recompiler should be faster, should be like double the speed.

A recompiler still needs to compile which is where you might be seeing the slow down. Try disabling the advanced block linking, that requires even more time in compiling.

Jorchking 4th March 2013 01:53 AM

Mario Tennis 64
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by squall_leonhart (Post 44369)
All of them

1.7 Interpreter and 1.6 Recompiler boot all games faster


GoldenEye lags on the black screen after starting a mission
Majora's Mask has long pauses on the subscreen and before displaying the spinning mask - also mini hangs just after loading a game profile till it the Rec cache settles.

Pretty much every game displays this behavior

honestly, i think the current caching is completely nuked lol.

i get 100% perfect performance with the interpreter, with none of these delays, hangs, pauses.

It's a good notice!!

I'll hope that "MARIO TENNIS 64" can be run normally, because is one of the most popular roms of nintendo 64 that can't be play very well


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.