Project64 Forums

Project64 Forums (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/index.php)
-   Site News (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Project64 2.1 (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=3678)

zilmar 1st May 2013 05:19 AM

Project64 2.1

Released 2.1, it now has glide64 in the installer.

Project64.exe:
  • Make sure current dir is base folder (not screnshot)
  • Initialize eeprom to 0xFF instead of 0x00
  • Add LL and SC to Analyze Instruction
  • ignore 0x0407000D as an opcode in analysis
  • Make it easier for plugins to read directories from the emu
  • fix per game rsp plugin
  • updated rdb file

Glide64:
  • Added version to the installer
  • Get Settings to go through the emulator
  • Get Glide64, GlideHQ, Glitch64 to be a single dll
  • Read texture directory from emulator
  • Fix up getting functions from texture lib

Input Plugin:
  • Update to 1.7.0.12 provided by squall

zilmar 1st May 2013 05:30 AM

squall leonhart did raise that the Glide HQ still doesn't load the entire pack
and the Entire Green channel is missing from a compressed textures/texture cache.

I tried to work out what was wrong, and I could not find it yet. I might have to re-write a decent chunk of the code for me to work out this, I am not sure when I will have the time and energy to do this so I figured it was better to release this update now then to wait till everything is perfect.

Going to see how it works trying to release lots of small releases.

Not sure how my spare time goes.

the_randomizer 1st May 2013 06:56 AM

I'll be sure to thoroughly test and report back :D

squall_leonhart 1st May 2013 07:27 AM

no response from kool smoky either :(

im still working with mudlord to see about getting those lens flares fixed in OoT

they affect the intro as well as aiming at the sun.

et500 1st May 2013 12:23 PM

In the official (non PJ64) Glide final release, I also had a bug where all compressed textures were blue if the cache was created with that version. If the texture cache was created with an older version the textures were OK even when being loaded with Glide64 final. Don't know if that helps but the cause might be in one of the last commits to official Glide64 final.

And a small bug report, viewing the about screen of the new glide plugin in PJ64 2.1 release crashes the emulator.

squall_leonhart 1st May 2013 12:52 PM

i've never been able to reproduce that in the Final (may) version

it may be a AMD vs Intel bug, particular if any SSE2 is used in the compression code.

the_randomizer 1st May 2013 03:21 PM

Aha! I found out how to trigger the bug for the screwy graphics (I think)! Loading ROMs from the file-->Open command as opposed to pressing F12 and loading has given me some weird results with many games.

I should note that is when I ran the ROM for the first time upon installing 2.1.0.0, 2.1.0.1, etc. But the second time loading the ROM from the browser, it works just fine. Same thing happened to Mario Kart 64 the first time when I loaded it, but the second time was fine.

Loading Killer Instinct Gold for the first time via File/Open -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=His21...ature=youtu.be

Now, taking the same game, but this time closing the emulator and loading the ROM from the browser, no changes to the emulator were made:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4vte...ature=youtu.be

Summary:

Loading ROM from the File-->Open - Results vary, can crash or force-close emulator without warning
Loading ROM from ROM Browser - Rarely any issues

Conclusion: Load ROM files from the File/open command is far more unpredictable as opposed to loading same games from the ROM browser...at least from what I can see. Note that this happened in the first 2.1.x.x build and not specific to the newest one.

et500 1st May 2013 04:05 PM

Glide does not seem to use the default aspect ratio and LOD calculation settings for games like Goldeneye. These settings should not be game specific unless changed while running the game. (Because it is too much effort to change it manually for every single game, the default setting should be used by default).

the_randomizer 1st May 2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by et500 (Post 46116)
Glide does not seem to use the default aspect ratio and LOD calculation settings for games like Goldeneye. These settings should not be game specific unless changed while running the game. (Because it is too much effort to change it manually for every single game, the default setting should be used by default).

I can assume that Zilmar still has bugs to iron out, no biggie:p

shunyuan 1st May 2013 07:57 PM

Have problems to save Jabo's 1.7.0.12 controller settings.

It took several times to save the settings, after stop emulating, the default setting roll back. And sometimes some parts of settings are saved, some parts are missing, such as the GUID, controller pack, and dead zone.

Is it possible that Jabo's plugin didn't flush setting after OK button is pressed? Or the some delay to reflect the settings save to .ini file?

Tested with Logitech RumblePad 2 USB. Both Project64 2.1.0.1 and Project64 2.0.0.14 have the same problems.

squall_leonhart 1st May 2013 08:22 PM

no problems what so ever here.

might be permissions again.

@Zilmar, did you change any assembly in glide64, Death-droid raised the possibility that koolsmoky used assembly for alternate crc calculation.

Melchior 1st May 2013 09:05 PM

I have a bug report of sorts I'll be posting next in the Issues sub-forum.
I had a few crashes that occurred, I have files to upload.

squall_leonhart 1st May 2013 10:03 PM

what kind of crashes?

the_randomizer 1st May 2013 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suanyuan (Post 46125)
Have problems to save Jabo's 1.7.0.12 controller settings.

It took several times to save the settings, after stop emulating, the default setting roll back. And sometimes some parts of settings are saved, some parts are missing, such as the GUID, controller pack, and dead zone.

Is it possible that Jabo's plugin didn't flush setting after OK button is pressed? Or the some delay to reflect the settings save to .ini file?

Tested with Logitech RumblePad 2 USB. Both Project64 2.1.0.1 and Project64 2.0.0.14 have the same problems.

Have you tried the nRage plugin? Those tend to be less troublesome in my opinion.

shunyuan 2nd May 2013 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nintendo1889 (Post 46136)
Have you tried the nRage plugin? Those tend to be less troublesome in my opinion.

I have no problems with nRage plugin. But nRage plugin uses its own setting file and doesn't save settings through Project64 2.1 setting manager. Only Jabo's plugins are integrated with emulator's setting manager, so this bug may be in plugin or in emulator's setting manager.

squall_leonhart 2nd May 2013 08:05 AM

nrage saves settings fine

you are definitely having folder permission issues

shunyuan 2nd May 2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squall_leonhart (Post 46152)
nrage saves settings fine

you are definitely having folder permission issues

I doubted that.

I installed Project64 2.1 and Project64 2.0 under c:\emulator\_n64 folder, and that folder is not window OS protected.

I know Win7 and Vista have UAC problem, so I always install emulators at different folder outside "Program Files", so I can easily copy plugins to emulator plugin folder.

And if it is the permission issues, then I should have similar problems to save other per game settings for Project64 2.1, since they are stored at the project64.cfg file.

Did it make sense?

squall_leonhart 2nd May 2013 04:03 PM

Folders created by elevated installers are created with limited local user permissions.

nrage settings change fine.

supersaiyanvegeta4000 11th May 2013 11:23 AM

conker's bad fur day and bomberman 64 stutter a little bit and have a little sound issue like humming or a pitch i can't tell which it is? also indiana jones and the infernal machine still doesn't work?

the_randomizer 11th May 2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supersaiyanvegeta4000 (Post 46483)
conker's bad fur day and bomberman 64 stutter a little bit and have a little sound issue like humming or a pitch i can't tell which it is? also indiana jones and the infernal machine still doesn't work?

Use the audio plugin he made
http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=3644

It works better than the default.

supersaiyanvegeta4000 13th May 2013 02:33 AM

what about indiana jones and the infernal machine is there anyway to get it to play right?

AQPHOT 13th May 2013 11:59 PM

No corre en AMD

Por que no corre en AMD?, trato de instalarlo y no se puede instalar

squall_leonhart 14th May 2013 10:30 AM

english or gtfo

supersaiyanvegeta4000 17th May 2013 11:35 AM

i am trying to play castlevania legacy of darkness but it seems the audio runs a few seconds fast my graphics card is a radeon 7770.i tried all the audio sync options and it still runs a little fast.

Tasoulis 23rd May 2013 02:26 AM

What is the best RDB to download for this version please?

MELERIX 27th May 2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squall_leonhart (Post 46561)
english or gtfo

thats is not the right way to answer to an user that is just requesting help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AQPHOT (Post 46540)
Por que no corre en AMD?, trato de instalarlo y no se puede instalar

tal vez por que tu no tienes actualizado Direct X, o no tienes actualizado los Drivers de Video.

HatCat 28th May 2013 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MELERIX (Post 47049)
thats is not the right way to answer to an user that is just requesting help.

Inappropriate way to answer, probably.

User that is just requesting help?
Mmmmm...nah, user who was breaking the (would-be as discussed) rules of the forum by posting in Australian (or whatever the hell that damn language is them kids use these days!) on a forum knowingly being 99% Americanish (uhh I mean English, I think..right?). Doesn't take a whole lot of intelligence to not do that. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MELERIX (Post 47049)
tal vez por que tu no tienes actualizado Direct X, o no tienes actualizado los Drivers de Video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFb9XfZeNQs

MELERIX 29th May 2013 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatCat (Post 47075)
User that is just requesting help?
Mmmmm...nah, user who was breaking the (would-be as discussed) rules of the forum by posting in Australian (or whatever the hell that damn language is them kids use these days!) on a forum knowingly being 99% Americanish (uhh I mean English, I think..right?). Doesn't take a whole lot of intelligence to not do that. :)

and how did you expect that an user will understand the rules if he doesn't know english ? :rolleyes:

in the same way that you don't understand spanish right ? ;)

imho the user was not doing nothing wrong, we do not know his age to judge him, he was just requesting basic help in his native language, because for obvious reason you can notice that he does not talk in english, and that is not a reason to treat him without respect.

HatCat 29th May 2013 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MELERIX (Post 47101)
and how did you expect that an user will understand the rules if he doesn't know english ? :rolleyes:

in the same way that you don't understand spanish right ?

u no finish reading posts
me repeat again

It takes *intelligence* to observe something like that.
Not "knowledge of the rules" in your language.

For example, I go to a forum.
I see that it is written 99% in Spanish.
I don't post in my native language because I see it's a Spanish forum.
????!
PROFIT! :)

Only you non-English people can't possibly comprehend that for some reason. :rolleyes:
(heh, I'm just being a dumbass, never mind me)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MELERIX (Post 47101)
imho the user was not doing nothing wrong, we do not know his age to judge him, he was just requesting basic help in his native language, because for obvious reason you can notice that he does not talk in english, and that is not a reason to treat him without respect.

Well, age doesn't make something more or less worth moderating.
He could be 3 months old and posting hentai across the forum; doesn't change the likelihood of it getting deleted. :D

Bing Translate/even Google Translate that piece of crap!
Different ways to post in English.

Anyway, there isn't an "actual" rule to keep all posts in English.
It was just something the (old) moderators of this site agreed on, but a rules list was never actually organized.

So I don't really care that much; I just wasn't gonna reply as harshly as squall did.

squall_leonhart 8th June 2013 04:59 AM

ole english, or gtfo.

kdmillar 11th June 2013 04:46 PM

Why is it that the Project 64 version of Glide in 2.1 does not have the advanced emulation options tab? I hate playing in 4:3 and that made it very simple to stretch the image or force 16:9. Is there and alternative way to do this in 2.1?

ExtremeDude2 11th June 2013 07:36 PM

It does >.>

kdmillar 11th June 2013 08:00 PM

Does it? Where?

squall_leonhart 11th June 2013 10:50 PM

maybe try reading the thread.

kdmillar 12th June 2013 03:55 AM

I'm sorry, I have read the entire thread and there is no mention of how to force 16:9 or stretch the image using the Glide64 graphics plugin in Project 64 2.1. The final non Project 64 version had a third tab called advanced "Emulation Settings" that had this option within it. Maybe I'm an idiot for not knowing how to do this or where to find it in this version, but all I wanted was help, I do believe that is a major point of a forum.

Edit: I have found the answer finally but on emutalk:
http://www.emutalk.net/threads/54533-Project64-2-1
Squall, this is probably the thread you were referring to as you answered the question there that I have posed here; you most likely thought it was in this thread.

squall_leonhart 12th June 2013 05:54 AM

Hmm, odd, i thought i had pasted it in here already.

Zilmar answered it himself in another thread.

Xirix 23rd June 2013 08:13 PM

Would there be a decent mirror to download the installer for this? It would seem my ISP or something else is blocking me from downloading it from the main site, just directs to a page saying "Illegal download attempt".

p_025 23rd June 2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xirix (Post 47663)
Would there be a decent mirror to download the installer for this? It would seem my ISP or something else is blocking me from downloading it from the main site, just directs to a page saying "Illegal download attempt".

That happens every once in a while, I'm not sure why. It sure doesn't mean "this is illegal, you're going to jail" it just means something went wrong with your download request. Just try again in a few minutes, and every few minutes, until it works.

AdamR 25th June 2013 05:56 PM

Is there a ZIP/archive download of PJ64 2.1? (I might have missed it)

Mullins 28th June 2013 06:50 AM

Why does the installer get detected as adware?