Project64 Forums

Project64 Forums (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/index.php)
-   Site News (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Status messages in Full Screen (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=70)

Jabo 24th June 2007 02:16 PM

Status messages in Full Screen

One of the things that bothers lots of people when they are full screen is that they don't know what's going on in the emulator when they use keyboard shortcuts for things like save states. A while ago zilmar and I added the capability to display messages to the user for this very purpose in full screen. In the last week or so I decided to make it a little bit nicer, I've also done this in another one of my emulators (hint, hint).
I think it looks rather cool actually, if it looks similar to media center, good, I intended to get it rather close. I will probably post a new build sometime into July 4th weekend that includes this update. Beta members will notice the time in the right hand side of the display, this is something quite a few people asked for I believe!

Breadwinka 24th June 2007 02:16 PM

OMG That looks also Im Looking Forward to the next build.

Anonymous 24th June 2007 02:16 PM

written by JW

Well done!
Which other emu you are referring to?

Anonymous 24th June 2007 02:17 PM

written by ThePreserver

Yay! Jnes is still alive! 8) (Is it pronounced "Jay Ness"? [And yes, nes and ness have different sound meanings but that is going alittle off topic])

MikeSixer 24th June 2007 02:17 PM

Good Job I was wondering how long it would take for another update

Anonymous 24th June 2007 08:38 PM

written by CoinCollector

Yes, it looks very nice! Keep up the work! The project is coming along very nicely.

Anonymous 25th June 2007 02:19 AM

written by cool19

not bad nice work

ShadowFX 25th June 2007 03:26 AM

Nice work, I'll be sure to try it on my HTPC :D
How's the emulation itself coming along?

Anonymous 25th June 2007 07:38 AM

written by Secretidentity

Awesome, the project is going well it seems.
I tried 1.7 at a friends house and i can just say that huge improvments have been made.

The games run muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch faster and everything is just better.

Hopefully 1.7 will be finished before christmasor early 2008.
Netplay is the only thing that i dont need since all i want is a emulator that emulates all games well. its impossible to emulate the n64 to 100%

Anonymous 26th June 2007 01:46 AM

written by joey bangbang

um i need to know how toget 1.7 will you ever put it up for download? ;)

mudlord 26th June 2007 07:59 PM

Quote:

um i need to know how toget 1.7 will you ever put it up for download?
You need to be a pj64-emu.com member to be able to download 1.7. And no, the betas will not be public.

Anonymous 28th June 2007 04:10 AM

written by gab

great news!!

thanks a lot ;)

Anonymous 29th June 2007 01:54 AM

written by Indy

Hi!
I think it would be a great idea to play the multiplayer-games of N64 online!
For example we could play it with Kalliera. So we could have more fun to play the great N64 games!
Greetings,
Indy ;D

Anonymous 30th June 2007 03:22 AM

written by Joe

hey have you guys fixed the netplay thing in version 1.7 yet, or are you saving that for later?

Anonymous 30th June 2007 07:22 PM

written by TekkenDevil

Great I really think its good because sometimes I play fullscreen and sva the game fast with F5 and especially when I play in the dark its frustrating because sometimes I don`t know if I pushed the button hard enough and if the game is saved or not or if I even pushed the right one because I didn`t look on the screen for the short pause...Plus the clock,its excellent!! Might I recommend anothe addition? A built in updater,or at least a button to look for updates because the way we have to get it ourselves and innstall it ourselves is just too uncomfortable because you hope nothing special has been deleted or something...That`s all,see ya!

Anonymous 1st July 2007 04:47 AM

written by Peni

How can I get 1.7? I'd donate but the donations are closed and have been for ages. Whats the point of teasing us with new features when you arent going to let us have them?

Anonymous 1st July 2007 07:05 AM

written by Myroc

How do i dl PJ 64? Cant see any links or anything...

Anonymous 2nd July 2007 07:37 AM

written by samhil

its a great emulator. it runs games better than the previous version.

Anonymous 2nd July 2007 07:47 AM

written by jenna

how do i get project 64

Anonymous 2nd July 2007 11:36 AM

written by vboy

jabo i need help but i cant find you, im at emutalk. :(

Anonymous 2nd July 2007 12:43 PM

written by ...

Cool what am i doing

Anonymous 4th July 2007 09:41 AM

written by Random

Does anyone in the developing group know Josh Raper? (BTW that is his real name, im not trying to be funny

Anonymous 5th July 2007 03:22 PM

written by pog

Can i turn this new feature off, looks really annoying?
is there a link where i can see all the features of 1.7?
And is 1.7 going to emulate the whoomps properly in mario kart 64?, if so an option to stop this would be good.

Anonymous 6th July 2007 10:02 AM

written by Ivan

You get PJ64 by downloading 1.6 from the download page, or by contributing $20.00 USD and downloading 1.7 from the beta download page.

Also, to the person with the 1.5 problem, I'd update to 1.6 which can be downloaded here.

I also favor the "Check for update..." option as expressed above.

Anonymous 7th July 2007 06:01 PM

written by cheater killer

ya ok i guess its good for like playing n64 on ur cpu but people use it the cheat which is dum >:( :P :-\ 8)

Anonymous 10th July 2007 06:11 AM

written by totoff

just for me
ameliration on compatibility p64 1.7 to vista crash
thanks
thcusss

geniv 10th July 2007 02:28 PM

I can't wait till a never version of 1.7 comes out. been using 1.7 for a while and it's awesome.

definitely worth the $20. besides since you people pirate all those game roms just get the pay the $20.

Anonymous 10th July 2007 04:30 PM

written by XD

i want project64 net play u have to code a new netplay :) never lags

Anonymous 10th July 2007 04:37 PM

written by wayan

is bery good

Anonymous 12th July 2007 02:31 PM

written by someone that wants to do some comments ...

ill tell some bugs

in kirby the life bar is bad
in mario tennis (jap)you cannot see the ball effects
in resident evil 2 you can see yourself and zombies throug walls
in zelda majora when you have the cool effect when putting the masks the game runs slower in some pc's
1080 is still slow
fixing the matrix mode (and the pause) in conker bads fur day would be good
in zelda oot the start menu has some slow downs (when opening is still a bit small time before it opens and when changing the eqipment the clothes dont change faster)
pokemon snap still doesnt recognize pkmn signs (very important because you cant finish the game)
starcraft 64 still looks bad but it looks better than before

well another thing is working on the transfer pak in pkmn stadium for the jabo plugin(because you cant play the game boy game in the pkmn stadium game in the nrage plugin)

well im not telling you to do this only giving you some bugs to work for

hope this helps in improving the emulator
=) :) :)

Anonymous 14th July 2007 12:25 AM

written by ea

i cant w8 for project64 to come out ;D

Anonymous 14th July 2007 05:41 AM

written by netplay neads a super sever .

my net is Internet speed: 334 kilobits per second. and ping to hi for netplay i want new netplay bad.. i just cant play netplay public one :(
cos of ping

netplay ever be 100% never :(

Anonymous 16th July 2007 08:07 AM

written by dudu

i need project1.7, with ky for "exit" key "escape" is possible Jabo?

Anonymous 17th July 2007 04:40 AM

written by halopro77

hey i have the old project 64 and it wont let me play it cause i dont have the plugins then i got the plugins then it still wouldent let me!! >:(

plz tell me how 2 do it

Anonymous 17th July 2007 02:09 PM

written by RooZ

Is the ultimate goal of PJ64 to emulate every good ROM 100% (or as near to 100%)? I mean in 50 years (if we get there) when N64's are ancient history, I'd like to still be able to play some Goldeneye :)

Anonymous 18th July 2007 10:25 AM

written by Luna rezende

perfect ;)

Anonymous 19th July 2007 10:43 AM

written by Jabo when is the donation page going to up?

Will you still be working on Pj64 Jabo are any of the team members of
pj64?

Because I'm getting worried with the long delay i know that emulating is time consuming but almost a month of no information that a bit over bored
look at this pj64 notice the one's can't donate or wondering what you are doing in Pj64 beta like in full detail what's happening with the beta oh and one more thing try to work on performance not always working hard on compatibleness.

Anonymous 19th July 2007 10:46 AM

written by Jabo when is the donation page going to up?

oops lot of grammar mistake's have to rewrite it. :D

Anonymous 20th July 2007 02:54 AM

written by HAFIZ

This web is great. :d

Anonymous 21st July 2007 05:05 PM

written by

Project 64 1.7 is out now? or release at end of 2007? Please let me know. thanks