Project64 Forums

Project64 Forums (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/index.php)
-   Project 64 - v2.x - Issues (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   beta is for members only msg - just started happening (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=206)

Mdkcheatz 14th November 2008 09:44 AM

beta is for members only msg - just started happening

[EDIT sorry people, I have removed all this information in respect to the developers and fellow members, I only wish my idiosity will stop getting me in trouble]

Smiff_ 14th November 2008 09:56 AM

are you having problems with this error message?

please dont discuss workarounds for leak protection in the forum.. we'll probably move this thread later.

Mdkcheatz 14th November 2008 10:06 AM

sry

oooooopse, umm yea i cannot use the pj64 beta no longer, i still get that crucial message... but nm, hopefully that is corrected with the next release.... I have taken the liberty to edit my own content, sorry about that :)

Smiff_ 14th November 2008 03:48 PM

sorry about this, i've notified zilmar there's obviously something wrong to cause several users to get excluded.. afaik most members are still running the beta fine though?

if anyone else has just started getting this message please add your names here.

Mdkcheatz 14th November 2008 03:51 PM

hey thx smiff!!

I hadnt realised that the error was even fixed, but its good to know i have support :D

mudlord 14th November 2008 09:41 PM

Quote:

please dont discuss workarounds for leak protection in the forum.. we'll probably move this thread later.
....there really should be a private beta forum. All this exposure is just giving idiots the chance to see what you people are doing. I honestly don't feel comfortable with posting bug reports because of this :(, even though I know I need to hound Jabo on some things, plus let zilmar know of my research efforts.....:(

Mdkcheatz 14th November 2008 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mudlord (Post 3556)
....there really should be a private beta forum.

Knowing vBulletin, they would have to create another directory which a separate forum. and even then Im wondering if it possible to exclude certain people.:rolleyes:

Mdkcheatz 14th November 2008 09:52 PM

This suspense is killing me, my work on pj64 cheat database will be withheld until the members only msg is fixed on my part. i cant access the file to modify it appropriately because i so want to move onto v1.7

squall_leonhart 15th November 2008 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mdkcheatz (Post 3557)
Knowing vBulletin, they would have to create another directory which a separate forum. and even then Im wondering if it possible to exclude certain people.:rolleyes:

Exclusions can be set via Usergroup permissions,

Create Usergroup PJ64 Beta Tester
Set Staff and Tester Usergroup permissions View / Post to Board PJ64 Beta
Set all over members to not be able to view this board.

HatCat 15th November 2008 08:53 PM

I know on another forum the admin excluded a certain user from using invisible mode.

Some boards actually do set a forum as private; others just add a password.