Project64 Forums

Project64 Forums (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/index.php)
-   Project 64 - v1.6 (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   USB Adaptor wont work (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=2817)

larrycook 27th September 2011 12:57 AM

USB Adaptor wont work

I just the bought the Nintendeo 64 USB Adaptor For my Windows Vista PC it won't work I plugged the USB device into my computer it installed the driver I went to the game controller section of the control panel and nothing shows up my computer is all up to date.It wont work on the Emulator ether Called Project 64

I just the bought the Nintendeo 64 USB Adaptor For my Windows Vista PC it won't work I plugged the USB device into my computer it installed the driver I went to the game controller section of the control panel and nothing shows up my computer is all up to date.It wont work on the Emulator ether Called Project 64

squall_leonhart 27th September 2011 05:22 AM

Asplosion.

daaceking 27th September 2011 09:33 AM

driver is for force feedback (if it supports). Adapters sometimes say "will only work with genuine n64 controllers". is yours genuine?

larrycook 27th September 2011 01:09 PM

Yes and the computer now recolonizes it the connection was loose I guess. but now it won't work on the emulator. I used these instructions off of Youtube to configure it. I'm not allowed to post URLs for some reason. The title of video is Classic Controller on Project 64 (How to set the perfect Controls) by fallingRabit.

larrycook 27th September 2011 03:38 PM

Well I figured what it was there was no device selected and some of the button where assigned wrong. But I have another problem I'm trying to play Super 64 when I move analog he goes vary slow.

HatCat 27th September 2011 10:20 PM

Try forcing the analogue range to 100% in the controller plugin config.

daaceking 28th September 2011 03:54 PM

use n-rage input plugin. set the device. adjust the slider as iconoclast recommends. if rumble is supported, set that too. force feedback main area is within control panel. the plugin also, needs to be adjusted. i just max out both of them.

HatCat 28th September 2011 04:20 PM

Meh, rumble's not that important. Some visual rumble support would be nice though.

daaceking 28th September 2011 07:08 PM

I like rumble. It's cool jumping and when kazooie smashes her face into the ground, the gamepad shakes. Although it is unnecessary. It's like the wii. You don't need all them controllers. But at the end of the day, they do add fun. Which is the most important factor of a game for me. I keep game difficulties low because I play for fun, not to teach me how skilled I am. :)

HatCat 2nd October 2011 02:11 AM

It's definitely a nice feature to go along; I just wish I could simulate rumble using an on-screen display in the emulator since of course I don't have a device that will naturally perform it.

And yeah, I'm not into the difficulty or skill show-off thing either unless the style of the game itself is something I already really like.

Natch 2nd October 2011 02:19 AM

Put a shakeweight in your keyboard.

HatCat 2nd October 2011 02:25 AM

Naw, I want on-screen simulation of rumble in response to game events. :D

daaceking 2nd October 2011 12:42 PM

I'm pretty sure we've been through this sort of conversation. I remember suggesting n rage. It has a visual rumble option and in window mode, I think it shakes. I haven't tested it. I personally wouldn't like to play in windowed mode even if it covers the full screen. Simply because it waters down the n64 effect. :)

Natch 2nd October 2011 06:05 PM

I've never gotten it to shake.

HatCat 3rd October 2011 11:15 PM

OH! You know what I think I see it now.

No the screen doesn't shake; it never did when I tried to test that option years ago.

But I turned on the visual rumble option again like you reminded me, and I did notice in Zelda OOT with the Stone of Agony that natnatertatertot kindly collected for me on that saves website XD that when you go over a hidden hole that you could blow up with a bomb...you see the Project64 window flash blue as if you just deselected it from the system taskbar, with the application title bar switching between active and inactive. If you just stand there in the same spot, the effect will keep repeating until you leave.

Unfortunately though I can't remember any other places to test rumble besides the Stone of Agony in Zelda OOT XD.

Natch 4th October 2011 05:21 AM

Well, it's visual at least.

:D You're welcome, you lazybutt.

:I darn, it won't work in Fullscreen. That's kinda sad. Mebbe you could set up a dual screen :3

daaceking 4th October 2011 11:38 AM

I don't know if you guys have used msn/live messenger at some point. However, I recall it used to having/has a nudge button which made the window shake like mad. Couldn't something like that be implemented into an input plugin?

HatCat 8th October 2011 12:50 AM

Well I guess so. I'm not really big on what the confinements set by zilmar's specs are, besides having to use his bad grammar and/or spelling he uses throughout the header files in your own code. That's like the only reason I'm afraid to open-source XD

Nah not really. It is one of the non-minor reasons though to be honest.

And yeah I know MSN Live Messenger (as well as Trillian) supports the nudge feature you're talking about. Bitches annoy the shit out of me with that though.