Project64 Forums

Project64 Forums (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/index.php)
-   Project 64 - v2.x - Issues (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Having troubles with Dōbutsu no Mori (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=4946)

8bitmario 16th March 2015 10:27 PM

Having troubles with Dōbutsu no Mori

Everything works well, but when I save and I try to load my town, the emulation stops and a window pops up which says: Fatal error: Stopping Emulation :(
Any way to fix it?

Frank74 16th March 2015 11:40 PM

Is this with an ingame save or a save from Project64?

Please upload your save file somewhere so we can check. I don't understand Japanese, so its difficult to play and test.

It has become known that there is a problem with saves somewhere in 2.1+ versions. It needs to be solved. At the moment, enabling fixed audio timing option seems to solve saving problems for some reason. So you might want to try that. Though it probably will change the timings so you may need to adjust VI Refesh Rate or AI count per bytes. Though you may be lucky and not need to change them.

Ambient_Malice 17th March 2015 12:07 AM

Is this the original rom or one of the fan translations?

Frank74 17th March 2015 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambient_Malice (Post 60924)
Is this the original rom or one of the fan translations?

R U Serial? lol....

It was hard enough to find the original to try, no where usual had it...

HatCat 17th March 2015 01:17 AM

no. i iz peripheral

Ambient_Malice 17th March 2015 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank74 (Post 60927)
R U Serial? lol....

It was hard enough to find the original to try, no where usual had it...

There are two fan translations. One is almost useless, the other is 90% complete. (I added the latter to the RDB.)

I ask because unless they're using a new build, the fan translation might be using bad settings. Also, I think the old one caused problems.

(It's a shame N64 fan translation efforts are so disorganised.)

Frank74 17th March 2015 01:27 AM

I wish there was a fan translation for Doraemon 3 - Nobita no Machi SOS! (J). I've actually played it quite a lot, got past a few cut scenes, and its getting really interesting. Shame I haven't a clue what's going on.

MELERIX 17th March 2015 01:35 AM

maybe the "Save Type" is not detected properly.

8bitmario 17th March 2015 05:29 PM

I'm playing the fan translated rom (no, it's not so hard to find...)
I don't know if this bug is on the original rom though.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank74
It has become known that there is a problem with saves somewhere in 2.1+ versions. It needs to be solved. At the moment, enabling fixed audio timing option seems to solve saving problems for some reason. So you might want to try that. Though it probably will change the timings so you may need to adjust VI Refesh Rate or AI count per bytes. Though you may be lucky and not need to change them.

I've tried it, and the rom just doesn't open :/

Frank74 17th March 2015 06:53 PM

I've just been trying the original version. And there is a problem with the Recompiler. If I leave it running in attract mode, after the second pink coloured N64 logo it remains black and it locks up in a loop.

Set CPU core style to Interpreter. If the VI/s are below 60, change Counter Factor to 3.

This stopped the lockup anyway. Should help with the crash I hope.

Let us know if this works.