Project64 Forums

Project64 Forums (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/index.php)
-   Project 64 - v1.6 (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   C-down button not working (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=1308)

ryanthemagi 19th December 2009 07:24 PM

C-down button not working

I tried searching the forums but couldn't find anything about this...

I have an n64 usb adapter for my computer and am using Jabo's DirectInput7 1.6 for the emulator. My controller works fine, but when I map the buttons for the emulator, the c-down button just doesn't register at all. The button works fine when I plug it into an original n64 and even tried another controller but still no luck. Every other button maps fine and works except c-down. Can anyone help?

squall_leonhart 20th December 2009 09:40 AM

install the adapters driver.

in3rtia 17th January 2010 02:46 AM

I just had this same exact problem...
using a authentic n64 controller with a generic usb adapter, for which there are no drivers.
the controller seemed to work fine in XP but i installed windows 7 a few days ago and reinstalled p64, and i had the same problem as you.

but, I fixed it by doing the following (well, not so much a fix but a work-around):

- open up P64
- Go to Options > Settings
- for Input (controller) plugin, instead of Jabo's, select N-Rage's Direct-Input8 V2 1.80a and click OK
- Go back to Options > then Configure Controller Plugin
- Stay under the Controller 1 tab, but switch to the Devices tab
- in the right panel, select your gamepad in the dropdown under Gamepad Devices.
- then go back to the controls tab, and you should be able to map all your buttons - at least, mine worked.

you may want to calibrate the controller in windows before doing this.
For windows 7:
Start > Devices and Printers > right click the gamepad icon > Game Controller Settings > select your gamepad from the list and click properties.

hope this all wasn't terribly obvious information and i hope it helps. good luck

s0l1th0m 26th April 2011 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in3rtia (Post 11943)
I just had this same exact problem...
using a authentic n64 controller with a generic usb adapter, for which there are no drivers.
the controller seemed to work fine in XP but i installed windows 7 a few days ago and reinstalled p64, and i had the same problem as you.

but, I fixed it by doing the following (well, not so much a fix but a work-around):

- open up P64
- Go to Options > Settings
- for Input (controller) plugin, instead of Jabo's, select N-Rage's Direct-Input8 V2 1.80a and click OK
- Go back to Options > then Configure Controller Plugin
- Stay under the Controller 1 tab, but switch to the Devices tab
- in the right panel, select your gamepad in the dropdown under Gamepad Devices.
- then go back to the controls tab, and you should be able to map all your buttons - at least, mine worked.

you may want to calibrate the controller in windows before doing this.
For windows 7:
Start > Devices and Printers > right click the gamepad icon > Game Controller Settings > select your gamepad from the list and click properties.

hope this all wasn't terribly obvious information and i hope it helps. good luck

yeah man, this worked for me, thank you very much!

Jabo 26th April 2011 07:41 PM

Can someone tell me what C-Down registers as? Which button? POV? Slider? I don't understand entirely why this should not be detected...

HatCat 26th April 2011 10:35 PM

It sounds like they couldn't get it to register at all, though I imagine it's some form of driver fault mainly.

Jabo 27th April 2011 06:57 PM

Yea just this seems like a pretty strange bug I was hoping someone like in3rtia could throw a hint my way about which axis was having the problem...

Jabo 28th April 2011 01:07 AM

I took a quick look after being poked by RadeonUser and it seems there is an awful hack for a workaround with sliders that default to the negative axis, always wanted to fix that, I'll give it some thought and hopefully have something soon please give it a try when it's up there

HatCat 28th April 2011 01:31 AM

Much of the sliders I can't test I guess since I have only a keyboard, wasn't sure if there was some correlation to the issue with the C-Down map though when I see it I'll test what I can. :D

Jabo 28th April 2011 01:52 AM

yea altho reading this thread again he mentioned he's using 1.6, which means I really either need him to tell me which axis was having the problem or try 1.7 because I've changed it in 1.7

back to the start I'm afraid :P

going to move this thread to the public forum.... people need to stop posting in 1.7 if they aren't using it!