Project64 Forums

Project64 Forums (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/index.php)
-   Project 64 - v1.6 (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Wierd bug with Project 64 1.6 (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=2522)

codgod666 5th June 2011 04:26 PM

Wierd bug with Project 64 1.6

Hi guys i have a problem with project 64 1.6 but the problem is too hard to explain so i will post a link here to youtube
pls help guys :d
Wierd bug with Project 64 1.6
Link ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuopoAE4X9Q )

Android 5th June 2011 06:06 PM

Might be the graphics plugin you use or simply the fact that PJ64 can't emulate every aspect of Nintendo 64.

Alunalun 5th June 2011 06:16 PM

Yeah, try searching the board for DK64 - there are a number of problems with DK64 emulation with the default plugins. I think Glide64 emulates the game better. But existing threads on this board have information on a range of DK64 problems and fixes, including graphical glitches.
The video says that you have a similar problem with Ocarina of Time? Exactly what is wrong with Ocarina of Time? Almost all of the game should run OK afaik.

HatCat 5th June 2011 07:17 PM

That should be the convenience URL.

Also that looks like an instance of texture memory overflow or the like that happens in the newer plugin.

See if you get better results with the Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5.2 plugin (instead of --8 1.6). You can change this value in the "Plugins" tab of the Project64 Options/Settings... dialogue.

codgod666 5th June 2011 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alunalun (Post 30823)
yeah, try searching the board for dk64 - there are a number of problems with dk64 emulation with the default plugins. I think glide64 emulates the game better. But existing threads on this board have information on a range of dk64 problems and fixes, including graphical glitches.
The video says that you have a similar problem with ocarina of time? Exactly what is wrong with ocarina of time? Almost all of the game should run ok afaik.

yes i have exactly the same problem with many other games
including ocarina of time
its when i get close to a detail, like dirt track carpet and roads they will dissappear in the exact same why as in the dk64 vid

codgod666 5th June 2011 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconoclast (Post 30828)
That should be the convenience URL.

Also that looks like an instance of texture memory overflow or the like that happens in the newer plugin.

See if you get better results with the Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5.2 plugin (instead of --8 1.6). You can change this value in the "Plugins" tab of the Project64 Options/Settings... dialogue.

What exactly do i have to do with the plugin and where do i download it and how do i insert it.
will this get rid of some game progress

HatCat 5th June 2011 08:56 PM

lol, like I said,

"Options" menu
pick "Settings..."

Then it'll ask you if you want to change from "Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6" to "Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5.2".

So do that. You don't need to download the plugin; it should already be installed.

So see if that works better or worse with the games.

codgod666 5th June 2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconoclast (Post 30833)
lol, like I said,

"Options" menu
pick "Settings..."

Then it'll ask you if you want to change from "Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6" to "Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5.2".

So do that. You don't need to download the plugin; it should already be installed.

So see if that works better or worse with the games.

LOL all that did was update my camera view when ever i move but it add a flickery movement, it sucks.
and my problem still there 100%

HatCat 5th June 2011 09:29 PM

I don't care. It was just to test the texture cache setting.
Duh it's going to have side effects. It's an older version of the plugin. :D

So if it's not texture-caching-related it's a problem with your graphics card or runtime configuration.

See if you can find out what your graphics card is.

codgod666 6th June 2011 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconoclast (Post 30840)
I don't care. It was just to test the texture cache setting.
Duh it's going to have side effects. It's an older version of the plugin. :D

So if it's not texture-caching-related it's a problem with your graphics card or runtime configuration.

See if you can find out what your graphics card is.

My video card is:
Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

i have also noticed that to see the faces on buttons or numbers i have to either get to another platform, move further away or Z jump in the sky and see the number or face before landing, Its annoying , i cant even tell what character i need if it dont show the face pic , AHHHHH!