Project64 Forums

Project64 Forums (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/index.php)
-   Project 64 - v1.6 (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   madden 2002 rom (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=1379)

jbird1180 21st January 2010 08:38 PM

madden 2002 rom

Within the Franchise mode everything plays fine, but when I get to the offseason mode it freezes every time I "start trades" in order to advance. Do I need a plug in of some sort, or doesn't the ROM support franchise mode? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thx j

HatCat 21st January 2010 11:39 PM

If you press F5 Project64 saves the exact point in the game you're in as a PJ.ZIP file in $Project64\SAVE.

If you upload that file (either through the attachments system on this forum or some site like filesend.net) as of right before changing modes in the game when you get the crash, I'll try and reproduce it so I can tweak Project64 as to how to fix it.

jbird1180 22nd January 2010 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rswedlow (Post 12022)
If you press F5 Project64 saves the exact point in the game you're in as a PJ.ZIP file in $Project64\SAVE.

If you upload that file (either through the attachments system on this forum or some site like filesend.net) as of right before changing modes in the game when you get the crash, I'll try and reproduce it so I can tweak Project64 as to how to fix it.

Great! thank you

jbird1180 22nd January 2010 01:26 AM

madden freeze

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 207 hope this is what you need, let me know if i messed up or if you need something else. Again thank you so much for taking the time to help me out

jbird1180 22nd January 2010 01:30 AM

i don't know if this will help you but if there is no user assigned to a team, and all teams are CPU controlled I can simulate through the whole season and get past the off-season freeze point.

HatCat 22nd January 2010 02:38 AM

Thanks for letting me help. I checked your state.
Project64 just needs some better settings. :p

Here's how you can fix the crash yourself.
  1. With Project64 through Options/Settings..., on the "Options" tab, disable "Hide Advanced Settings" if it is not already disabled. Apply changes to settings before closing the dialogue.
  2. In the games browser, right-click the entry for Madden NFL 2002, and choose "Edit Game Settings".
  3. If this is not already done, set "Advanced Block Linking" to "Off". Apply changes to settings before closing the dialogue.
Most people just assume that the interpreter core is needed after seeing it work, but that would be making the same mistake as they did as with testing 40 Winks. ;)

jbird1180 22nd January 2010 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rswedlow (Post 12032)
Thanks for letting me help. I checked your state.
Project64 just needs some better settings. :p

Here's how you can fix the crash yourself.
  1. With Project64 through Options/Settings..., on the "Options" tab, disable "Hide Advanced Settings" if it is not already disabled. Apply changes to settings before closing the dialogue.
  2. In the games browser, right-click the entry for Madden NFL 2002, and choose "Edit Game Settings".
  3. If this is not already done, set "Advanced Block Linking" to "Off". Apply changes to settings before closing the dialogue.
Most people just assume that the interpreter core is needed after seeing it work, but that would be making the same mistake as they did as with testing 40 Winks. ;)

Thank you very much sir, you are the man