Project64 Forums

Project64 Forums (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/index.php)
-   Site News (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Project64 2.0 is now available and open source! (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=3573)

chumbalumba 8th April 2013 03:23 PM

This version can be ported to Linux?

HatCat 8th April 2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chumbalumba (Post 45083)
This version can be ported to Linux?

Sure can.

It will just take a bit of API experience, but if it's open-source you can do whatever you like with that respect. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by robinhood2013 (Post 45062)
Glide64 is no help to me at all -- Project64 doesn't even recognize that the plugin exists in the "Plugins\GFX" subfolder. Am I doing something wrong here?

Yes, participating in a project discussion with information about one of the plugins zilmar can't control.

Preferable to keep that to its own thread, but what squall said is almost certainly correct (see previous page).

HatCat 8th April 2013 04:03 PM

Hmmm.

I'm not finding the source to zilmar's zilmar's Audio Plugin DLL.

It's identical to his open-source Basic Audio Plugin provided on Emu64, except he added a prebuffer control and fixed an initialization fault with CloseDLL.

It may be yet another DirectSound plugin (we need a plugin that isn't DirectSound/WaveOut at least once!) but it's the only audio plugin, closed-source or not, to control prebuffering for testing with games unless you count Nemu audio.

Unless someone else is finding it?

Mdkcheatz 8th April 2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatCat (Post 45084)
Sure can.

It will just take a bit of API experience, but if it's open-source you can do whatever you like with that respect. :P

Yep, you can port to linux, mac, iOS, PSP custom firmware, android OS (Fat Jelly Belly), anything is possible you just need to find a solution.

squall_leonhart 8th April 2013 08:10 PM

you'll just have to rewrite 99% of the emulator so it doesn't rely on various windows functions.

nobody did it with 1.4, i don't see it happening now.

Mdkcheatz 8th April 2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squall_leonhart (Post 45093)
you'll just have to rewrite 99% of the emulator so it doesn't rely on various windows functions.

nobody did it with 1.4, i don't see it happening now.

Because 1.4 was hard to understand compared to the current version which was rewritten in C++ (easier porting in itself). But by then, someone already ported mupen64 to iOS. The guy called it something else but when I used my Granny Smith powers to sifen through this N64 app I could see it was just a mupen64 port. Theoretically, if I knew anything about objective-c I would see how mupen64 was ported and make the same changes for PJ64.

HatCat 8th April 2013 09:15 PM

C is more portable than C++.

I had no problems understanding 1.4 source code.

Mdkcheatz 8th April 2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatCat (Post 45100)
C is more portable than C++.

I had no problems understanding 1.4 source code.

I guess I misunderstood some things. Anyway I know for iOS c++ is good for porting (maybe less so for other OS) because you can code apps using objective-C/C++

HatCat 8th April 2013 09:25 PM

The idea was that you should sometimes use functional templates, polymorphism, blah blah, bunch of rudimentary programming terminology I never read up on.

Even so, I like even JavaScript more than C++, as far as function-oriented, mathematical algorithms go.
The structure and added syntax are far from unreadable in C++, just weird IMO.

robinhood2013 9th April 2013 04:46 AM

Finally got the Glide64 plugin to work... it doesn't work any better than Jabo's old plugin. I think the fault may be in the emulator itself.