Project64 Forums

Project64 Forums (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/index.php)
-   Project 64 - v1.6 (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   PJ64.exe has stopped Working LoZ:OOT (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=3345)

Nintendude64 18th November 2012 09:02 PM

PJ64.exe has stopped Working LoZ:OOT

Ok. so im trying to play OoT, i started a file, and as soon as Navi starts to fly toward link's house, the emulator crashes, this happen to anyone else? Or am i the only one who has had this problem?

Natch 19th November 2012 01:11 AM

I've never encountered this problem before, nor do I know anyone who has.

Compy specs?
What's the rom name? (Exactly, like, there should be a [!])

emuguy17 19th November 2012 06:50 AM

Nope, never happened here. Only problem I have with OoT is the blinking/flashing screen issue. What OS and SP are you using?

Nintendude64 21st November 2012 10:00 PM

I am using Project64 1.6, the emulator's ROM was Zelda64.v64 :(
i dont know why the emulator crashed, but im trying to defrag it right now :|

HatCat 21st November 2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nintendude64 (Post 42074)
the emulator was Zelda64.v64 :(

lolwut

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nintendude64 (Post 42074)
i dont know why the emulator crashed, but im trying to defrag it right now :|

lolnut

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nintendude64 (Post 42034)
Ok. so im trying to play OoT, i started a file, and as soon as Navi starts to fly toward link's house, the emulator crashes, this happen to anyone else? Or am i the only one who has had this problem?

lolbut cheat codes, any of them turned on when you hit Ctrl+C while the game is running, be sure to click "Disable All Cheats" button to flush all those RAM hackers out. I've known several GS codes to cause random crashes for OOT, and you could well be having one of them enabled at the moment.

Also, if that doesn't work, maybe it's a driver issue like with your Direct3D support, and you should load a save state with zilmar's CFB plugin to see if it still crashes etc.

Nintendude64 21st November 2012 10:19 PM

Actually, i had no cheats turned on. :mad: and I have no known issues with Direct3D, so it could be an issue with the Zelda64.v64 ROM itself. there was a power outage the day before the incident occurred, though. that could be the problem.:(

HatCat 21st November 2012 10:29 PM

yeah right.

Could you please
  1. Send a save state (*.pj.zip file) of the issue, via some file upload service or attachment to the forum here? Make the save state file by pressing F5 while the game is playing. Do this just before the game crashes and says PJ64.exe has stopped working. When I load the save state it will take me to the point of where you made it, and I'll see if it crashes on my machine too. Please grab the file from $Project64\Save, again it will be named something like THE LEGEND OF ZELDA.pj.zip or w/e when you press F5.
  2. Change the graphics plugin. Options :: Settings..., change the video plugin from "Jabo's Direct3D" to "zilmar's Basic CFB Plugin", which is not an available option until you can install the CFB.dll file which you can download from this zip archive here: http://forum.pj64-emu.com/attachment...tachmentid=225 . Download that to the "Plugin" subfolder of where Project64 is installed.
  3. Start the game using the CFB plugin, and press F7 to load the save state you made. See if it still crashes. Also don't forget to change the video plugin back to Jabo's Direct3D when you're done testing.
  4. Tell how you are loading the game in Project64? Are you using the ROM browser to see a label like "Bad ROM? Please check GoodN64 for AASADHHHHHSDFSDFGK BREAKPOINTFOUND IN INTERPRETER OPS.C++ LINE 666" or do you use File > Open ROM to load the game or w/e?

Natch 22nd November 2012 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExtremeDude2 (Post 42077)
yeah right.

Could you please
  1. "Bad ROM? Please check GoodN64 for AASADHHHHHSDFSDFGK BREAKPOINTFOUND IN INTERPRETER OPS.C++ LINE 666"

lolbutt

Why not just hand him some legal forms while we're at it?
  1. We are in no way affiliated with Mupen, Kaillera, what's-his-face, or the prezzuhdint. Any assumption of affiliation with the above listed and unlisted parties will enable us to serve the involved a court order. In doing so we will ascertain the true meaning of your life's work, and take it as our own.
  2. The reader takes full responsibility for any 404's, 405's, 502's, 727's, 42's, missing children, Obama, his Mother's terrible cooking, the reader's mother's terrible cooking, the reader's terrible cooking, the aforementioned what's-his-face, nuclear war, radio broadcasts, television broadcasts and inevitable reality T.V. shows, internet pictures, lolcat memes, rage face comics, lolwut comics, potatoes, cats, dogs, birds, parakeets, the assumption that parakeets aren't birds, burning cars, burning buildings, burning fires, firing rifles, smoldering rifles, ice cold rifles, ice cold beers, regular cold beers, warm beers, fizzy beers, flat beers, flat tires, round tires, wet tires, wet noses, dry noses, dry heaves, dry leaves, autumn leaves, and several issues that deal with common sense.
  3. The reader agrees to not complain if we find the need to: Search his/her house, search his/her car, search his/her person, search his/her person while whistling Barry White, search Barry White while whistling his/her, commandeer his/her house for a party, commandeer his/her car for a party, take his/her dog out for a drive, take his/her dog out to a bar, ask his/her dog out on a date, blame him/her for various things, drink while driving, drink while driving him/her to the airport, refusing to drive him/her to the airport, laughing at his/her inability to get to aforementioned airport.

Please sign here

Thank you for choosing Project 64!

In all seriousness though, do you find a game to play by choosing File > open rom > %Previouslymentionedrom%? Or do you have a directory set? If the former, choose the latter. If the latter, does it say it's compatible? Even so, try another rom anyway.

HatCat 23rd November 2012 08:05 PM

^ Not sure if trolling

...or trying to amuse :confused:

Anyway, since he's just upset at the power outage that he thinks that's the reason Project64 ZOMG NOT THE SAME EMULATOR for his game, he's probably not a happy enough person to come back.

Still, it's fun to address these support issues for practice, even if the guy with the problem hangs up on me XD

Nintendude64 25th November 2012 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExtremeDude2 (Post 42088)
^ Not sure if trolling

...or trying to amuse :confused:

Anyway, since he's just upset at the power outage that he thinks that's the reason Project64 ZOMG NOT THE SAME EMULATOR for his game, he's probably not a happy enough person to come back.

Still, it's fun to address these support issues for practice, even if the guy with the problem hangs up on me XD

Actually, im not pissed about the power outage... those tend to happen. I am just thinking the ROM may be corrupt because of the power outage and the fact that it happened while i was playing the game.