Project64 Forums

Project64 Forums (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/index.php)
-   Site News (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Pj64 vs Windows (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=66)

Anonymous 8th July 2007 10:49 AM

written by b2609

I'd say just support Windows 2000, XP, Vista, and Linux.

Anonymous 9th July 2007 09:05 AM

written by RAT

Why don't work in a Linux Version?, Get some look to Nexius or OpenArena, there are games that are running amazing on Linux. I think that emulator should be multi-plataform. Support for 95/98/ME?, for what?, who used them anyway?.
On the other hand, Linux has a great potential. It is necessary to choose by a free alternative. Just think about it!!!

PJ64 Linux VersiĆ³n!!!

Sorry about my English. It is the language that has imposed, the most not spoken.

Anonymous 10th July 2007 02:17 AM

written by Antony

Now that Ive talked about Windows versions, I'll now talk about Linux/Mac.

The Project64 team have already said NO to developing for these operating systems but If someone knows how to use open source code from windows and change it into Mac OS X and/or Linux operating systems then that would be good but to do that would take a lot of work.

Look at Mac OS X for an example, Mupen64 works and so does Sixtyforce but the problems are a) Sixtyforce is Shareware so the save states and full screen is disabled b) the annoying logo cannot be removed c) there is Joystick/Gamepad support but I could not get my Joytech Neo S gamepad to work because the analog sticks wont work in Mac OS X even with Game Companion etc. With Mupen64 a) you don't have save states to use b) there is no joystick/gamepad support at all so on a MacBook you are restricted to using tiny keys which is too difficult.
Someone should definitly make a freeware Nintendo64 emulator which has save states, full joystick/gamepad support as well with different Graphic plugins to use.

I have never used a Linux OS in my life so I can't say much about it.

Anonymous 11th July 2007 10:22 AM

written by Luca

i use windows 2000 and debian linux ( on P4 2600 and radeon 9800 )
XP is 2000 with a new GUI.
in win2000 i play without problems:
all Valve games Half Life, Half Life 2 , and all Source Mods Dystophia
all opengl games: quake 1,2,3,4
and UT2004 and mods with full details.
and in conclusion grand prix legends with Logitech full support for G25

WIN2000 is for gaming.
Linux is difficult because driver ati and no support for joystick, G25, and similar device.

Anonymous 11th July 2007 11:51 AM

written by TwistedWhizz

Debian is difficult. Linux for the most part offers excellent support for ATI/nVidia drivers, other devices such as joysticks etc. I use Ubuntu 7.04 and have up to date nVidia drivers which affords me 3D gaming and desktop effects, and I use both my dual analogue joypads fine for all types of gaming. So maybe for you Luca I might recommend an upgrade to the latest Ubuntu!

Anonymous 12th July 2007 06:41 AM

written by Steve

I would love to see a GNU version, or a Mac version, but the first step is to make Project64 FREE SOFTWARE (a.k.a. "open source"). This gives the users the freedom to modify the code and create other ports, which gives the Pj64 developers the freedom to not have people screaming for Mac and GNU versions. Everybody wins!

Anonymous 12th July 2007 02:55 PM

written by pog

Playstationportable version

Anonymous 13th July 2007 02:21 PM

written by stevie l.

Thank you for giving us the fun to play our Nin64 favorite game on pc !

For Windows, you shouldn't support more than the 2 last OS available (same opinion as Sebastien Bareil, April 17, 2007 said). The Win9x family is obsolete. Even in the WinNT family, NT4.x is also obsolete, Win2000 is not but almost. The bare MINIMUM sould be WinXP SP2.

To run WinXP decently, a typical 4 year old machine can do the job. So, if you have a 4 year old machine or less, you should at least install WinXP.

If these people just don't want to upgrade and stick with obsolete system, it's there decision/problem and not our/yours. Personaly, I don't want a software that have extra programming code and is subject to make my pc crash just to stay 'compatible' for OS that only a few folks used today ! The best example : Windows...

The only reason why people want support for obsolete OS is that they don't want to buy a new system or get a good used one with decent specs. A good machine is very afordable today and anyone can get a more recent machine even if it's not brand new. Except extremely poor people, there is absolutely no reasons to demand support for more than 4 years old hardware. You have to follow technologie. If not, play DOS game !

For example, this is my 3 year pc that run the emulator just fine :

cpu: athlon xp 2200 (not overclocked)
ram: 1 gb ddr 400 (dual channel not overclocked)
hdd: maxtor 120 gb (7200 rmp, 2 mb cache)

Anonymous 14th July 2007 12:41 PM

written by toko

please need this pj64 :'( send my mi e-mail is shiko_inuyasha@hotmail.com

Anonymous 14th July 2007 07:25 PM

written by Leave the outdated OS OUT!

Serously why. The only reason they run those dinosaurs is

-they are using a family computer (bought back then)
-are too poor (probably have no money) and using a computer not their own. (see first reason)

OMG why even ask people just do it. Seeing as the Project64 team has already asked this question.