Project64 Forums

Project64 Forums (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/index.php)
-   Site News (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Pj64 vs Windows (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=66)

Jabo 19th April 2007 04:07 AM

@Gent - I was waiting in the wings for you to come by about the win98, I thought I'd lure you out ;-)

Anonymous 19th April 2007 06:58 AM

written by _Dragon_

@Smiff: You forgot Linux :'( :)
And for the ppl saying Linux is not for gaming:
a) Change it and make games for Linux like id does
b) Thats not true! Look at PCSX2, epsx, Mupen64(ok, bad example... very bad example ;)) and all Games for linux!

axcc 19th April 2007 09:37 AM

that is not what they are saying

legend 19th April 2007 09:42 AM

Sakarin, shut up! It's 20$ bucks to have the priviledge to beta test. In a year or so, it'll get relesed to the public for free. I'm so tired of this idiotic debate. Use PJ1.6 then damnit! What is this self-entitlement bullshit?

Anonymous 19th April 2007 05:18 PM

written by NightKitty

I say stick with 2000 . Sure it might be nice to have 98/ME support. The problem is that the team has limited resources. They have to budget those resource in such a way to get the most out of them. The number of people using 98/ME is much, much smaller than the XP community. The 2000 community is as well, but it is still an NT kernel and is still supported, at least partially, by Microsoft (unlike 98 and ME). No matter what someone's personal opinion on Vista is, people will migrate to it as they replace their computers. Support for it will effectively be a requirement eventually, so they might as well get started now. If they skip this OS generation entirely (which someone suggested but I find highly unlikely), it will only make it that much harder next generation and could also significantly reduce their userbase in time. If you are only going to support 2 go with XP and Vista. XP because pretty much everyone uses it, and Vista because, like it or not, pretty much everyone will use it eventually.

Gent 19th April 2007 05:56 PM

Well if we are going to say dump 9x and keep with NT (2K) then i guess i can finally get rid of 98 and build a vista box, the only thing stopping me was pj testing.

That would mean i will have:

Win2K
XP
Vista

I just hope all concerned wanting to keep 9x support in will use this time to speak up or forever hold their peace ;D

Anonymous 19th April 2007 08:36 PM

written by Twisty

Would just like to add my vote too for a Linux version. Now that would definitely be a good thing! Is it a consideration for the team, or just not an option? Let us know, please. :)

Smiff_ 19th April 2007 09:48 PM

RE linux
sorry but now we are not offering a linux version. that would be the first non-windows OS that we'd support if PJ64 was to support a non-windows OS. since that would be a large additional amount of work so it's unlikely.
please keep this discussion to just which versions of Windows we should support.

Anonymous 20th April 2007 03:28 AM

written by RockmanForte

I think you guys should supports all windows because not all people wants vista you know.

Anonymous 20th April 2007 06:24 AM

written by Bob the Builder

Drop ME and 98. There is no reason to keep on doing those OS's. Everyone who still uses ME or 98 are dimwits. Drop those two, but keep 2000.