Project64 Forums

Project64 Forums (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/index.php)
-   Open Discussion (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Games 'N Music (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=2445)

Dr. Schnellinger 3rd May 2011 07:31 AM

Games 'N Music

What do you listen to when you're playin'?

I mean do you play some of Blink 182 while playing Turok?

Or maybe some of Metallica while playing GoldenEye?

Or just something like 'Guru Josh -Infinity' when playing Ocarina of Time?

It looks like there's not music-related threads over here so let's talk a little bit...

I'll begin

I like to play "Silent Tears, The Last Flight, Home and Mi Plegaria" while I play Rush 2 at 'Stunt'

Natch 3rd May 2011 01:21 PM

I listen to Two Steps From Hell when I'm playing Star Fox 64, but other than that it's original game music for me.

Dr. Schnellinger 3rd May 2011 04:29 PM

I play some of Blink 182 while playing Harvest Moon, because the music is like... is like... n-needles being inserted into your ears and each time that a new season starts it also stars feeling like a shotgun shot at the head and... Oh!:rolleyes: never mind, it's just I can't turn off the music

Natch 3rd May 2011 05:18 PM

heh, games and music are incompatible :D

Play the MOST EPIC MUSAK EV4R!!!! the scene is the dude walking down the street ._.

HatCat 3rd May 2011 06:57 PM

If it's not the in-game music, then it's probably something off of my hard disk / flash drive.

Which I have who knows how many GB of. Some if it is lossless-encoded music from game soundtracks, distorted waveforms I've messed around with in Audacity/Wavosaur, or just a lot of music otherwise that takes up the space.

Usually it's just the in-game music, unless you have one of those elevator-music chess ROMs that probably better to internally turn the volume of the music down to play something different.

Natch 3rd May 2011 07:26 PM

Play Coldplay during a chess game XD

Dr. Schnellinger 3rd May 2011 07:57 PM

Yeah...

some games plays BGM's so annoying that makes you go to the bathroom to make some sh*t.
Like Spy Vs. Spy (NES)

But others... oh others plays BGM's so cool that makes you climb up to the roof and then jump off. Something like the '1-1' world of Super Mario Bros.

Ace Combat 2 (PSX) has very good sound tracks, just like Bear Tracks, Dynapolis, A Fresh Youngster...
But sometimes I prefer my own music

HatCat 3rd May 2011 09:10 PM

"Coldplay?" That sounds familiar...probably one of those 90s or earlier songs (sometimes 20s :rolleyes:) that I overhear my mom blasting across the house to piss off the neighbors. Sometimes I'd Google the lyrics in some of the old songs I remembered hearing her listening to so that I could find the MP3 and download it too. :D Other times I just look at what other people are listening to and have a collection of MP3s from those places as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by G3SG1 (Post 28684)
some games plays BGM's so annoying that makes you go to the bathroom to make some sh*t.

LOLWUT!

And yeah, like you said, some BGMs are, conversely, so cool that they make you want to: a) climb to the top of your home roof and jump off of it, b) jump off a bridge, c) cry me a river, d) build me a bridge and get over it. :)

Dr. Schnellinger 3rd May 2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconoclast (Post 28694)
"Coldplay?" That sounds familiar...probably one of those 90s or earlier songs (sometimes 20s ) that I overhear my mom blasting across the house to piss off the neighbors. Sometimes I'd Google the lyrics in some of the old songs I remembered hearing her listening to so that I could find the MP3 and download it too. Other times I just look at what other people are listening to and have a collection of MP3s from those places as well.

LOLWUT!

And yeah, like you said, some BGMs are, conversely, so cool that they make you want to: a) climb to the top of your home roof and jump off of it, b) jump off a bridge, c) cry me a river, d) build me a bridge and get over it.

"d) build me a bridge and get over it"??? no jumping off?:(:(:(:(

Dr. Schnellinger 3rd May 2011 09:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
just listen to this while playing Counter-Strike or another shooting game...

(Is in spanish)