Project64 Forums

Project64 Forums (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/index.php)
-   Open Discussion (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Graphic issues with some games. (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=635)

omegadox 6th April 2009 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fangzero (Post 7358)
Pokemon Stadium 2 also Feezes when going to the GB tower. On both Jabo's and Mudlord's

Vigilante 8 runs at 9fps during game play. When using Jabo's, "Copy Framebuffer to RDRAM" just makes it slower overall but more stuff appears.

"Copy Framebuffer to RDRAM" is a slow option because its copying the whole FB into RAM every frame. It sounds to me, it is optimized, Dolphin has the same kind of option. "Copy EFB to RAM", it barley slows down the game, I wonder if Jabo's plugin doesn't use any fragement shaders to do it, it uses all of CPU power for the copy process ?

HatCat 6th April 2009 05:31 PM

It probably is a known issue, but there may be other memory settings not disregarded by the interpreter that might reveal more.
I can test the settings in the changed beta and other emulators. Can you upload a save state of the area before the crash or hang would happen?

The F5 key creates a zipped save image named after the game in "Project64\Save". Upload this file preferrably either as an attachment to a post in this forum or by using filesend.net.

I want to do some extensive testing on this case.

Fangzero 6th April 2009 08:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Alright, I can try. Do you need the GB rom and Save too?

Here is What you asked for i Think.

HatCat 8th April 2009 12:49 AM

I don't think so.

Okay so I loaded this save state in Project64, and the very first time the screen came up black. (This is more natural because of the setting.) I can still exit with the B button, see the screen updated to the select screen, and re-enter the GB tower section. I haven't yet found a way to reproduce any hanging.

Do you still get sound?
Are you sure this happens with both plug-ins? There are ways to simulate hanging with conflicting RiceVideo configurations; it can be a real trick to collect an optimal configurations set for some games.

squall_leonhart 8th April 2009 01:15 AM

frick, using a Geforce 2

Fangzero 8th April 2009 01:19 AM

I know for sure it hangs on Jabo's with the settings I listed earlier. I'll have to test mudlords with the same setting differences.

Fangzero 8th April 2009 01:31 AM

Ok I actually got a little farther in mudlord's, I got a screen with an X on the first controller, when the cpu is an interpreter and self modifying code is cached.

Fangzero 8th April 2009 01:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok any caching on the self modifying code modes with the interpreter CPU setting show the following on my screen.

squall_leonhart 8th April 2009 01:37 AM

use Jabo's D3D6 1.5.2, it'll work fine for pokemon stadium.

Fangzero 8th April 2009 01:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hahaha, Used what squall said and now I get an error about the transfer pak. any clues for that one?