Project64 Forums

Project64 Forums (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/index.php)
-   Project 64 - v2.x - Issues (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   DualShock 4 Issues with Project64 v2.1 (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=4275)

Cormick99 30th December 2013 06:23 AM

DualShock 4 Issues with Project64 v2.1

I recently got the Playstation 4 controller as a gift, and have been loving it. It is now my main controller for emulators and many other games on my PC.

However, I can't seem to map the controls for it using the P64 program. Every time I click to map a button on the interface, it is always mapped as "X Rotation -". This probably means that the program is constantly recognizing one of the analog sticks as moving, even though the controller is sitting perfectly still.

I can map the controller perfectly on other emulators like Dolphin and zSNES.

I also own a wired Xbox 360 controller, and I can map that perfectly with P64.

My DualShock 4 is connected to my computer using a micro-usb cable.

I am running Windows 7, 64-bit.

EDIT: Also tried uninstalling Motioninjoy (a program that allows the use of a DualShock 3 on PC) and restarted my computer. Still no luck.

Njs41 31st December 2013 12:44 AM

I am having the same exact problem with my PS4 controller.

Njs41 31st December 2013 12:47 AM

I just found out how to fix it, You hold down the button you want to use for it wile you are selecting it, and do the same for the control sticks.

Cormick99 31st December 2013 10:29 AM

This worked. Thanks!

TheInvader 19th February 2014 10:34 PM

The solution worked on other buttons but I'm trying to map my Right Analogue Stick as the C-Buttons and it isn't working and keeps displaying "X Rotation -".
The Left Analogue Stick worked perfectly though.
If anybody has a .cp file for the PS4 controller can they kindly send me the link.

Mirham 14th May 2014 12:06 PM

Anyone found a working solution to this problem? :>

Can set up all buttonson my ps4 controller except for the right stick, everything is just x rotation when i try.

Frank74 14th May 2014 02:28 PM

N64 controller only had one analog stick.

Not sure if any controller plugin allows to use both sticks.

FuzzyQuills 2nd June 2014 04:24 AM

Sorry to wake an old thread, but Frank, I use a standard PC controller, and the right stick maps fine to the C-Buttons.

drahsid 6th July 2014 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cormick99 (Post 51569)
I recently got the Playstation 4 controller as a gift, and have been loving it. It is now my main controller for emulators and many other games on my PC.

However, I can't seem to map the controls for it using the P64 program. Every time I click to map a button on the interface, it is always mapped as "X Rotation -". This probably means that the program is constantly recognizing one of the analog sticks as moving, even though the controller is sitting perfectly still.

I can map the controller perfectly on other emulators like Dolphin and zSNES.

I also own a wired Xbox 360 controller, and I can map that perfectly with P64.

My DualShock 4 is connected to my computer using a micro-usb cable.

I am running Windows 7, 64-bit.

EDIT: Also tried uninstalling Motioninjoy (a program that allows the use of a DualShock 3 on PC) and restarted my computer. Still no luck.

Use N-RAGE 2.2.3c and use XInput. It should work.