View Single Post
Old 25th December 2013, 11:43 AM

Default You know what, I just

found out what the cause was to why settings would give me the error message for the Rice Plugin. Apparently I needed to download and install this Directx 9

I agree though, Glide64 is better but there are some textures that require Rice Plugin. Now that I have Direct X 9 installed, I have 2 Rice Plugins: Mudlord's Rice Video Build 6.1.3 -DX9 and Mudlord's Rice Video Build 6.1.4 and I no longer receive the error message that says it could not load rice plugin.

But I'm having another issue though, and keep in mind all of this is regarding the Glide64 Plugin. When I load the hires textures for Ocarina of Time, save states no longer work right at all. I save my progress in a save state, than I turn off Project 64 to come back to it later, I load my save sate and it loads a state from a long time ago. I've been saving the normal way lately, but it wasn't like this before. Could it be because of these settings I placed when I right clicked the Project64 icon, than I went to properties, than compatibility, than I placed a check mark in "Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 3)", I place a check mark in "Disable visual themes", a check mark in "Disable Desktop Composition", a check mark in "Disable display scaling in High DPI settings", and finally a check mark in "Run this program as an administrator". And the reason why I did this was because for the most part, it kept the game from crashing when I loaded the hi-resolution textures and allowed me to play in full screen. But, I'm not able to use save states properly. After troubleshooting on my own, I decided to remove the check mark from all except "Disable display scaling in High DPI settings". The problem persists, though it crashes much less now that everything else has been unchecked, it still crashes on some parts though. I still don't know how to load hi-res textures, play in full screen, and be able to make save states that actually work all at the same time. And the sad thing is I was doing all of this just a few weeks ago. Thank you for your help so far by the way, I appreciate it.